So you would be happy for a convicted rapist out on licences to come to your house and read your gas meter with just your wife and kids in the house ?

Maybe think through the end point to your opinion.

Isn't that the sort of low profile job some people want him to have?

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one else going to question why a user has a half naked Cliff Richard (recently interviewed by police for you know what) who only recently joined the site around the time the Ched Evans story started, speaking day after day in support of his signing. I am struggling to ignore it.

Ha ha dear me. I'm a long time latics fan and i believe the Evans story really only took off at weekend.

Or am i the real Cliff?

No sorry... Just in the capacities and situations I put forward...

There is concept that Ched Evans is being treated unfairly not being able to do the job he is good at. The reality it affects high number of ex offenders. Most can't get back to the old lines of work.

I understand - thanks for the clarification.

Whilst Ched was a footballer and may (if we or someone else signs him) be one again you could make the argument that playing for a League One club with crowds of 4,000 earning a reported £400/wk is a fairly big step backwards in terms of what he was doing before.

He is going to be going back into the industry but at a far lower level.

Not saying I agree, just playing devils advocate.

Ha ha dear me. I'm a long time latics fan and i believe the Evans story really only took off at weekend.

Or am i the real Cliff?

If you are I want to hear a Wired for Sound inspired chant at the weekend (my Wife loves that song!)

The worst thing of all since Sunday is that the Latics fans are at each others throats over this mess, not what our club needs at the minute when you look at our curent run.

I know its only footbal but its heartbreaking stuff, when its headline news over here in Norn Ireland and when you look at our current troubles that worries me.

Opinion is divided.

Society is divided.

Football supporters are divided.

The OAFC board are divided.

Sponsors are divided.

Most importantly we are divided.

That reflects the cross sections we know. One can therefore assume:

The squad are divided.

The club staff are divided.

The players and staff's wives, husbands and extended famalies are divided.

The most important thing about a team, be it 11 or 5000 is unity. We had that in bucketloads up until Nov 29. Now we are divided.

For that alone, opt out. Please.

very well said, and well put. Lee Johnson was very clear when he was appointed that he would not sign anyone without due diligence and who would disrupt the squad. Which has now proven to be a lie. Edited by singe

So any protest is just people wanting attention.... Give over...

No, but she could have posted them. With her address.

I know someone who did re: Lee Hughes. He is undecided at the moment what he is doing on this one.

i have never read or heard so many hypocritical comments on this subject, we have councillors , MP's and police speaking out about this.

Perhaps one of them would kindly lets us know why Greater Manchester council employ 209 convicted taxi drivers , some of whom are , Paedophiles , drug pushers and
RAPISTS.

Await their comments with interest !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tell you what, I'm off to BP today and will throw my season ticket at Lee Johnson if we DON'T sign Ched Evans by 5pm today.

Please film it.

Edited by pukka

Mail reports contract being signed tomorrow

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2900150/Rapist-footballer-Ched-Evans-handed-two-half-year-contract-Oldham-Athletic-tomorrow-despite-opposition-sponsors-campaigners.html

I'll be thoroughly annoyed if after all this we pay him £1.5-£2.5k a week!! What happened to £400 a week?

"Barring any last minute issues, the former Sheffield United striker will join the League One club on a two-and-a-half year deal, likely to be worth between £1,500 and £2,500-a-week."

No, but she could have posted them. With her address.

I know someone who did re: Lee Hughes. He is undecided at the moment what he is doing on this one.

She could of done lots of things... I don't see a problem with her doing what she is going to do... The LJ part is going a little far though granted.

i have never read or heard so many hypocritical comments on this subject, we have councillors , MP's and police speaking out about this.

Perhaps one of them would kindly lets us know why Greater Manchester council employ 209 convicted taxi drivers , some of whom are , Paedophiles , drug pushers and

RAPISTS.

Do they ? Link ?

EDIT: http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/revealed-how-officials-sex-offenders-8293131

WOW! Just WOW!

Well that kind of destroys my point earlier!! LMFAO :D

I just find that disgusting.... So dangerous... and from the council :(

Edited by oafc0000

Stop believing everything you read in the papers.

Why would the papers know his father in law is offering cash? How would the daily mail know the wages offered? Even then they have guessed between 2 figures. Think hughes was on 1.5k a week if i recall correctly.

Remember one paper claimed they knew Port Vale were the side in talks with him.

RAPISTS.

it would be good to know, but first you are assuming there are any rapists. So yea, how many is a fair question.

It's another alternative career path for Ched Evans to those who say he should be free to work.

Stop believing everything you read in the papers.

Why would the papers know his father in law is offering cash? How would the daily mail know the wages offered? Even then they have guessed between 2 figures. Think hughes was on 1.5k a week if i recall correctly.

Remember one paper claimed they knew Port Vale were the side in talks with him.

How do you know Port Vale were not?

This is a big worry for me. I won't see him play for us, I would certainly hope to come back afterwards, but who knows how any of us will feel by the time this :censored: is through? Some certainly won't return including families and our next generation.

The club is certainly not looking forward and it could help to push a generation of youngsters into the arms of the Manchester clubs.

Mail reports contract being signed tomorrow

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2900150/Rapist-footballer-Ched-Evans-handed-two-half-year-contract-Oldham-Athletic-tomorrow-despite-opposition-sponsors-campaigners.html

I'll be thoroughly annoyed if after all this we pay him £1.5-£2.5k a week!! What happened to £400 a week?

"Barring any last minute issues, the former Sheffield United striker will join the League One club on a two-and-a-half year deal, likely to be worth between £1,500 and £2,500-a-week."

"There were suggestions that he would also have been unwelcome within the dressing room with one senior player saying: 'What, you're joking?' after being told Evans was about to sign"

Wonder who this was?

Still deeply disturbing....

Lone drunk vulnerable women being driven around by rapists...

You would hope their convictions where very much historic ones....

I now have a very different view on the advice I would give my daughter if she was out drinking around Manchester. Get the Bus home!

It's bandwagon outrage. She wants to feel good about herself by being more outraged than anyone else. This helps nothing except the broadcast news channels. The woman should turn around and go home and get on with her life rather than trying to get on telly for her 15 minutes of fame.

The thing with protest is that it loses its effect if you do it at home with no one watching.

If Emily Davison chucked herself under a horse in a field with no one there, it would have been quite pointless.

If you are going to rip up your tickets but not tell anyone, what would be the point exactly?

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/ched-evans-has-served-his-time--and-other-misconceptions-about-the-convicted-rapist-footballer-9957849.html

Been struggling to find the one article that totally sums up my feelings on the subject.

Found it. Perfectly highlights my feelings on it all.

Edited by oafc0000