• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you seen/heard/read anything to suggest he'll do that? I haven't and I'm sure he'll be keeping squeaky clean.

I'm friends with people who know him and say he's a knob.

Maybe he will keep squeaky clean, maybe he won't. It's still a risk.

If the club could really alienate a quarter if the fan base to the extent that they will no longer attend matches, how can they even consider going ahead?

Because we don't matter.

They can plug the financial gap with monies from CE's wealthy girlfriends father.

Money talks obviously.

:censored: years of support, :censored: years of association and passionate following: as long as the club isnt out of pocket eh?

Elected official reflects views of those he represents.

Barry Owen should try it some time.

Really? Because it's only you lot on here that seem to be against the signing. From what I have seen all over Facebook, Twitter and indeed talking to my many OAFC supporting friends, the MAJORITY is backing the move.

If the BBC is a barometer for the media reaction to this situation - then no mention on Radio 5 this morning, the story dropping off the website in terms of prominence.

Obviously it will go back to the top of the pile when we make an announcement, but is it an idea of the length of time that any further 'outcry' would last if we did sign him?

Day contract is announced +2 days maximum of coverage

First Day at training would be covered

First game he attends

First game he plays +1day of coverage

First game he scores

When/If he plays against Sheffield United

As abhorrent as this matter is to many people, the simple fact is that nothing stays in a news cycle for ever.

Really? Because it's only you lot on here that seem to be against the signing. From what I have seen all over Facebook, Twitter and indeed talking to my many OAFC supporting friends, the MAJORITY is backing the move.

I keep reading this

I'm not on twatter or arsebook so i can only go off here and fellow Latics fans I know.

Everyone one of them I've text or spoken to are against it; with most of them having come to the same decision as I have should the awful but now it seem inevitable happen and CE is signed.

We move in different circles obviously...

Posted · Hidden by Zorrro, January 7, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by Zorrro, January 7, 2015 - No reason given

Of course, silly me, I'm sure everyone supporting this move believes passionately in the rehabiliation of prisoners...

Go give your head a wobble against a brick wall.

He's been released from prison and the terms of his licence allow him to play, that's enough for me.

If you don't like the terms of his sentence and don't feel satisfied then write to your MP but :censored: off calling people rape apologists because your argument is failing.

What a stupid thing to say. Find me an Oldham fan that has posted a tweet supporting rape itself and post it on here. Then I will accept that your post isn't slanderous bollocks.

You really need to look on twitter.... Lots of knuckle dragging comments can be found...

Edited by oafc0000

The company you keep and all that...

He's been released from prison and the terms of his licence allow him to play, that's enough for me.

So you would be happy for a convicted rapist out on licences to come to your house and read your gas meter with just your wife and kids in the house ?

Maybe think through the end point to your opinion.

It is impossible to accurately gauge the balance of supporters views on this - but there are people on both sides of the fence on whatever platform you wish to view.

I have kept close tabs on this thread and regularly read twitter with #oafc my thoughts are that in both areas initially it was very highly (95%+) against the signing, but it appears as thought there has been a growing level of posts/tweets that are expressing a more 'accepting' viewpoint.

The pro camp are still a minority, and on Twitter it would seem that a good few of the accepting tweets are not from Latics fans. I suppose probably echoing my view on this, that from an impartial point of view I think he should be allowed but I don't want it to be here. Easier to say you support/accept it if its not your team?

I think that Twitter is more in favour than this board overall. I think there are a lot of long-time supporters on here that are finding it harder to accept.

Lady driven from wales outside club waiting for Lee Johnson to hand back her families season tickets. ..

Would have been easier and cheaper to use the mail!

However obviously her feelings are strong and wants to give a message to the club.

So you would be happy for a convicted rapist out on licences to come to your house and read your gas meter with just your wife and kids in the house ?

Maybe think through the end point to your opinion.

As I said on another thread, firstly I wouldn't know.

Secondly, we feel safe in this country because the justice system and police system works. If it didn't, there would be anarchy.

I trust in the justice system and I trust in the disqualified professions for some offenders.

I submit my own gas readings but if society have deemed them safe to be released with no danger to the public then come and read away.