• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SSN - Reporting personel term agreed and could make his debut against Doncaster Saturday.

Can't see him playing this weekend

2 1/2 year 2k a week deal.

I doubt they would be getting it wrong.

be very surprised if he played this weekend if he has signed Edited by yarddogs

Have you voted to say you'll boycott despite not going to games?

The view of people who don't attend games anyway shouldn't be added to that poll.

I voted... If the a poll is put up asking for just people who go every week to respond I won't...

A jury overseen by a judge and the court of appeal...

I have also read everything online about the case including his website and it very much sounds like rape to me,

Well, you either have different standards to me of judging a rape case, or you have seen something that I haven't.

Nothing I have read leads me to be confident enough that a rape has occured.

Well, you either have different standards to me of judging a rape case, or you have seen something that I haven't.

I agree entirely. Apart from his conviction for rape.

If you simply choose to ignore decisions made in a Court of Law, I think you should consider not posting anymore on this subject.

SSN - Probably no announcement until tomorrow. Will still have to go through a medical, but could be involved on Saturday if registered in time. Zen Office will continue to sponsor if he does sign.

Someone mentioned he did his medical yesterday at Bridgwater and that we are happy with his fitness levels but hes going to be very rusty

If you simply choose to ignore decisions made in a Court of Law, I think you should consider not posting anymore on this subject.

Charming!

I'm not entitled to an opinion then?

And who said I was ignoring the decisions made by the Court of Law? I'm just don't accept them blindly. How is such a stance so radical to you?

This is the saddest day for me now. Even during the Moore era, I felt deep down we could ressurect the club from the ashes.

But this.

Time will pass, but I won't forget how I felt even before confirmation of his signing in any great hurry.

A total disaster. It's a total disaster. We just gave the whole world licence to hate us and spit their vitriolic bile at us. We will lose fans, players, public respect and dignity. We won't attract the next generation of fans, can't attract new players and when LJ leaves ( which the clock is ticking on if he has any sense ) just who will we find to replace him?

Wouldn't surprise me if SC took the reins.

This is a very sad day. I wish media sources would stop saying that the board have been canvassing public opinion because even a handful of disgruntled loyal fans was enough to understand why they should have pulled out.

I voted... If the a poll is put up asking for just people who go every week to respond I won't...

You're going to boycott games you wouldn't have gone to anyway. I think you know thats not really a valid vote, unless you're boycotting teletext?

Charming!

I'm not entitled to an opinion then?

And who said I was ignoring the decisions made by the Court of Law? I'm just don't accept them blindly. How is such a stance so radical to you?

Would you blindly accept a quashing of the conviction? Or would there still be doubts?

I repeat again. If there's any season tickets now going free, send them my way!

What would make anybody who has got a season ticket, that they are now not using, want to give it away for nothing. If you support the club and the decision they have just made, stump up the cash at the turnstiles that is what we normally do.

Would you blindly accept a quashing of the conviction? Or would there still be doubts?

I would have no opinion or belief about any court decision unless I have looked into it myself. No matter what that decision is.

In the Ched Evans case, I have seen nothing substantial enough to indicate guilt. If a court rules to overturn the verdict then both myself and the court would be in alignment in that regard.

Edited by PhilStarbucksSilkySkills

I repeat again. If there's any season tickets now going free, send them my way!

If I had one, I'd drive from Bristol to Oldham right now to give you mine. To say that I am disgusted is an understatement. I cannot bring myself to express exactly how I feel right now except that I have seen my beloved Latics for the last time until Evans leaves.

It might be a good idea if Simon Corney (who I have met on a few occasions and found him a really nice bloke with the best interests of the club at heart) and Barry Owen buggered off as well. My thoughts go out to all at the club who oppose this, but may not wish to vocally express their opinions.

What would make anybody who has got a season ticket, that they are now not using, want to give it away for nothing. If you support the club and the decision they have just made, stump up the cash at the turnstiles that is what we normally do.

It was more tongue in cheek. Course I'm still going to go, I've paid into every game this season! I support the club and team not one player.

With a heavy heart I will be there on Saturday, in 30 odd years Ive seen a few muppets come and go but the board have let the paying fans who turn up week after week down so badly, the silence has been deafening.... a total cock up and embarrassment. 30 odd years supporting Oldham and I have never witnessed the supporters so divided, I'm ashamed of the board dragging my club through this media sh*t storm.

So you have a total and utter disregard for the entire legal system and any judgement it ever came to because you wasn't sat in the court room.

Do you?

The legal system that has seen fit to release him early and allow him the chance to continue with the career he had before?

..........a total cock up and embarrassment. 30 odd years supporting Oldham and I have never witnessed the supporters so divided, I'm ashamed of the board dragging my club through this media sh*t storm.

my sentiments exactly

Do you?

The legal system that has seen fit to release him early and allow him the chance to continue with the career he had before?

Yeah

Our legal system gets it wrong sometimes but overwhelming its a successful system. The wrongs are usually put right quickly... and at worse in most cases... eventually...

I can think of a number of things we are still waiting for the wrongs to righted on like Hillsborough....

I have no issue with his early release, being out on license or the law not banning him from professional sport.

If Ched Evans was remorseful & sorry and understood what he did was awful I wouldn't have much of a problem* with the club signing him on the same bases I was ok* with us signing Lee Hughes. OR if he was found not guilty...

*There is more to it than that but I wouldn't be so angry about it. I would still be angry at the way its all been handled.

Edited by oafc0000