• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can I ask a couple of questions. if we sign him are we obliged to play him? And if another club dare ask can we Loan him out?

Surely he's not match fit it's going to take a couple of weeks before he pulls the shirt on

I imagine it'll be a month at absolute minimum. He's not played for about three years?

On Hughes, I'm pretty sure we first saw in him a latics coat at the Burnley fixture which was the Tuesday before he made his debut on the Saturday.

It took Hughes nearly three months from debut to score.

To draw comparisons, Barry's taxi picked Hughes up from prison. Evans has had three months with a personal trainer so he should be fitter.

Edited by blueatheart

Can I ask a couple of questions. if we sign him are we obliged to play him? And if another club dare ask can we Loan him out?

Surely he's not match fit it's going to take a couple of weeks before he pulls the shirt on

edit:stupid phone. Didn't type anything. Anyway. I was wondering this. Will LJ be obliged to play him?

Edited by eclaire

The rumours this evening that his father-in-law is involved are sickening. It's so bent it's unbelievable. How can a bunch of fairly successful businessmen, who are football men, remotely believe that this is a good idea for the club.

Every time we're linked with a "proper striker" I think Steve Whitehall, Stuart Barlow, Michael Ricketts, Adam Rooney - past form is no indicator of success at this club.

Just noticed that if you swap the first names of Michael Ricketts and Adam Rooney, you get Adam Ricketts and Mickey Rooney. Score!

Good to see you back

This forum goes back a few years.

Not picking on the poster but:

I'll give you a more likely scenario, he comes in, disrupts the team spirit giving it the big 'I AM'. isn't up to playing in the league yet pressure from above forces Shez to involve him (can't be seen to be a duff move now can it?), he doesn't score many goals gets wound up by opposing fans and players, gets sent off and doesn't see past Christmas.Not such a good move now is it?

The rumours this evening that his father-in-law is involved are sickening. It's so bent it's unbelievable. How can a bunch of fairly successful businessmen, who are football men, remotely believe that this is a good idea for the club.

A new low, utterly sickening.

I agree, It's pretty damn shady.

Maybe I'm hoping that when the review is over he'll come out and show a bit of contrition and plead for all the hounding of the victim to stop.

According to one report (Cooper SSN), part of the reason he is not apologising, is that the PFA hae advised it will perjure his Criminal cases Review.

I accept if he sees himself ans innocent he is not going to apologise. But as a minimum I want to see that he condemns, literally, victim hounding and urges it to stop

Been a long day...im also typing on phone so as brief but well explained as i can

Firstly, i'll start by saying i took myself away from being an oldham fan to make my decision.

Once i did this i came to the decision that i would ignore the claims of innocence. Until i read otherwise and the conviction is overturned, ched evans is a convicted rapist. I will believe a jury of peers because that is how our system works.

I actually disagree with his sentance. For me, the period of time which was given was insufficient however that is my own moral stance. Greater powers than I judge what is deemed to be a sufficient punishment and this is what was handed out.

To me, therefore, now out on licence, i accept Ched to be eligible to take his place in society which, again, is how our system is meant to work.

If hes eligible to take up his chosen profession (and remember, there are no legal reasons why he shouldn't - rightly or wrongly!), then in my opinion ched SHOULD be allowed to play football.

If i think he should be allowed to play, but then put my oafc hat on and say 'but not for us' that makes me a hypocrite.

I dont want all the media furore so id PREFER him to go elsewhere but i will accept the decision if we offer him the way back in.

Ultimately, i disagree with his sentance and the fact that there are no rules to stop him restarting as a footballer but they are based on my own personal judgements and not the actual law/rules in place.

Theres nothing to stop him playing therefore he should be allowed.

I can understand and respect your viewpoint. I draw a distinction in that although he is LEGALLY entitled to carry out work as a footballer, that places no club under a MORAL obligation to offer him such a job. We appear to be the case study into the very many reasons why it's a bad idea.

Posted · Hidden by Matt, January 7, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by Matt, January 7, 2015 - No reason given

Rubbish.

It's not his 'match fitness' that worries me, he will be ready to go.

It's his mental strength that concerns me. Granted, he has been the victim of every wannabe-debater with a keyboard or phone for ages but the written word is different to a baying mob of angst from ignorant people with 16th century views. If I hadn't have got pissed a few fat ones would never have sat on my womb broom but I take responsibility for my actions. I wouldn't have touched the blubbery buggers if I was sober. LOL. Does that make them rapists?

He cheated on his bird. He was a lad. He was a drunken prick. He was a letch and an opportunist. He wasn't a rapist.

I spoke to my mate after work this evening, he was a City youth product that didn't make it and his words were (not verbatim);

'You will get a quality player. He didn't rape her. All he is guilty of in my eyes is cheating on his bird. He slipped one to a party slag that woke up feeling dirty. If he's a rapist, it's only the saddos that marry their first :censored: who aren't guilty'. I admit, I laughed.

Still not had a SINGLE bad comment from anyone and I am well known at work as an Oldham fan.

Fairly obvious. Swap Christmas for June and it predicts a real possible scenario

What he said.

Chances of two players being released from prison and them both being a success?

Let's just hope that Ched doesn't need to play in Bournemouth to score his first goal (although it would be a screamer).

He wasn't a rapist.

'He didn't rape her. All he is guilty of in my eyes is cheating on his bird. He slipped one to a party slag that woke up feeling dirty. If he's a rapist, it's only the saddos that marry their first :censored: who aren't guilty'. I admit, I laughed.

Still not had a SINGLE bad comment from anyone and I am well known at work as an Oldham fan.

But a jury, and the Court of Appeal have deemed him a :censored:ing rapist. He's a rapist up until any point that a court of law changes that.

* A £3m striker for 'free' (4 times our all time record signing Ian Olney)

* The scope for said striker to commit to the club long-term for the faith shown.

* Whole career spent in the top 2 leagues bar 1 season in League 1 when he got 29 goals in 36 games.

* If this hadn't have happened he could arguably be playing in the Premiership now.

* If it's over-turned the club would be vindicated of any :censored: that has been thrown their way.

* Goals win games.

* People late into the professional game seem to play at the top until longer in my eyes - Stuart Pearce, Ian Wright etc, so it could perhaps be argued that his 'time away' could be recouped?

* At 26 years old, with the right contract and backing (think that's been fluffed in the last few days), we could have had a decent striker for a decade?

* I actually think current players will have doubts about the strength of his conviction and the difference in 'views' seems very generational. Football players don't seem to be the age range that are spitting tampons. Could actually build a siege mentality and strengthen team solidity (I accept that will be contested by most!)

* Durex could offer a £ per click on the forum in which case we can sign Neuer, Lahm, Varane, Hummels, Alaba, Hazard, Pogba, Rodriguez, Busquets, Messi and Ronaldo?

There are no positives to this massive PR cock up.

If Evans had the combined abilities of Steven Gerrard and Lionel Messi I would still think the price paid in terms of our reputation was too high,

There are no positives to this massive PR cock up.

If Evans had the combined abilities of Steven Gerrard and Lionel Messi I would still think the price paid in terms of our reputation was too high,

Agree.

Even if Daddy pays us Evans wages, and pays all the shortfall gate, we still have sold short.

Its such a risk, for so little short term gain, and such long term loss.

Posted · Hidden by Ackey, January 7, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by Ackey, January 7, 2015 - No reason given

Rubbish.

It's his mental strength that concerns me. Granted, he has been the victim of every wannabe-debater with a keyboard or phone for ages but the written word is different to a baying mob of angst from ignorant people with 16th century views. If I hadn't have got pissed a few fat ones would never have sat on my womb broom but I take responsibility for my actions. I wouldn't have touched the blubbery buggers if I was sober. LOL. Does that make them rapists?

He cheated on his bird. He was a lad. He was a drunken prick. He was a letch and an opportunist. He wasn't a rapist.

I spoke to my mate after work this evening, he was a City youth product that didn't make it and his words were (not verbatim);

'You will get a quality player. He didn't rape her. All he is guilty of in my eyes is cheating on his bird. He slipped one to a party slag that woke up feeling dirty. If he's a rapist, it's only the saddos that marry their first :censored: who aren't guilty'. I admit, I laughed.

Your colleagues sound like a lovely bunch, who I suppose you fit in with fairly easily.

An appeal can only overturn/retry with new evidence or an error by the judge at the trial. An appeal does not go through the case again. I personally think this a flaw in our justice system. There is no appeal for a bad decision by a jury. I am not saying this is the case with CE just stating the flaw in our system.

Posted · Hidden by Matt, January 7, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by Matt, January 7, 2015 - No reason given

Rubbish.

wow

An appeal can only overturn/retry with new evidence or an error by the judge at the trial. An appeal does not go through the case again. I personally think this a flaw in our justice system. There is no appeal for a bad decision by a jury. I am not saying this is the case with CE just stating the flaw in our system.

What's the point of having a jury spend months listening to evidence and being directed in points of law by a judge then?