That is completely over the top. Looks to me like attention seeking. Why can't she just bin the season ticket?

Its not over the top to want to make a point the club will register...

I would suggest it would be better to just chuck at the ticket office rather than hound out LJ though.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I said on another thread, firstly I wouldn't know.

Secondly, we feel safe in this country because the justice system and police system works. If it didn't, there would be anarchy.

I trust in the justice system and I trust in the disqualified professions for some offenders.

I submit my own gas readings but if society have deemed them safe to be released with no danger to the public then come and read away.

Well there isn't a company in the country who would do it. If you are convicted of a sexual offence or a violent offence you will find you employment opportunities very much restricted to positions that heavily limit your contact with the public. Specially if its unsupervised contact.

Your trust in the justice system to the point of allowing the situation above to happen just shows how naive you are being on your thought processes.

How about a rapist taxi driver out on license picking up women ? Happy with that ? Nothing in law to stop it....

While the situation with Evans isn't this its your simple thought processes I wanted to highlight and the bad end it would lead to. Seems over your head though like a lot of the simplistic rubbish I have read over the last couple of week.

Edited by oafc0000

She probably wants a slice of media attention.

It's bandwagon outrage. She wants to feel good about herself by being more outraged than anyone else. This helps nothing except the broadcast news channels. The woman should turn around and go home and get on with her life rather than trying to get on telly for her 15 minutes of fame.

Well there isn't a company in the country who would do it. If you are convicted of a sexual offence or a violent offence you will find you employment opportunities very much restricted to positions that heavily limit your contact with the public. Specially if its unsupervised contact.

Your trust in the justice system to the point of allowing the situation above to happen just shows how naive you are being on your thought processes.

How about a rapist taxi driver out on license picking up women ? Happy with that ? Nothing in law to stop it....

While the situation with Evans isn't this its your simple thought processes I wanted to highlight and the bad end it would lead to. Seems over your head though like a lot of the simplistic rubbish I have read over the last couple of week.

Throw all the insults you like. Nothing in the law to stop it, sums up my point.

If I'm brutally honest, what's the point in having a rehabilitation system if they are just going to go out and offend again? Just becauae someone does something once doesn't mean that following their punishment and subsequent rehabilitation they will offend again.

Oh and bit of news for you, football isn't a normal profession.

So you would be happy for a convicted rapist out on licences to come to your house and read your gas meter with just your wife and kids in the house ?

Maybe think through the end point to your opinion.

I think this is a very difficult question. I think anyone presented with that specific question would find it difficult to be "happy" about it.

However if you consider a more general question about our society and the way in which our justice system should work then perhaps you think about the situation differently and maybe have to accept that situations like this exist.

If every offender deemed safe to release into society by the system had to disclose their past to every interaction they have with other people - the justice system would struggle to get anyone rehabilitated into society. The fact that ex-offenders will be the people that wash your windows, clean your car, scan your shopping, fix your toilet etc is something that overall society wants to happen as long as there are appropriate controls put on certain circumstances (the sex offenders register being one of them). We generally have to accept that in most cases you will not know and carry on regardless.

This overall principle becomes difficult when the person is deemed to be in the public eye.

The law and employers have to make a decision as to whether employing any convicted individual is safe. A sex offender taxi driver picking up single women? I suppose it depends on whether the person is no longer considered a threat and whether the company feels that if there is a risk of the person committing further offences whilst working for them. The law doesn't see fit to prevent footballers with a sex offence working, so its then whether Latics feel that there is a risk that he will offend whilst working for the club - clearly they seem to be OK with this.

No one else going to question why a user has a half naked Cliff Richard (recently interviewed by police for you know what) who only recently joined the site around the time the Ched Evans story started, speaking day after day in support of his signing. I am struggling to ignore it.

Edited by oafc0000

I think this is a very difficult question. I think anyone presented with that specific question would find it difficult to be "happy" about it.

However if you consider a more general question about our society and the way in which our justice system should work then perhaps you think about the situation differently and maybe have to accept that situations like this exist.

If every offender deemed safe to release into society by the system had to disclose their past to every interaction they have with other people - the justice system would struggle to get anyone rehabilitated into society. The fact that ex-offenders will be the people that wash your windows, clean your car, scan your shopping, fix your toilet etc is something that overall society wants to happen as long as there are appropriate controls put on certain circumstances (the sex offenders register being one of them). We generally have to accept that in most cases you will not know and carry on regardless.

This overall principle becomes difficult when the person is deemed to be in the public eye.

The law and employers have to make a decision as to whether employing any convicted individual is safe. A sex offender taxi driver picking up single women? I suppose it depends on whether the person is no longer considered a threat and whether the company feels that if there is a risk of the person committing further offences whilst working for them. The law doesn't see fit to prevent footballers with a sex offence working, so its then whether Latics feel that there is a risk that he will offend whilst working for the club - clearly they seem to be OK with this.

No company in the country would employee anyone in either capacity. Its why they CRB check all employees.

It will make us look a bigger laughing stock than we already do.

So you can have ago at Barry or Corney, two people who are responsible for what happens, but you would rather focus on and attack the clearly upset and angry women who wants to exercise the ONLY power she has...

Ok....

No company in the country would employee anyone in either capacity. Its why they CRB check all employees.

Sorry oafc0000 I don't follow - what do you mean by "either capacity"?

Are you saying that all companies perform CRB checks and all companies would never employ anyone with a rape conviction? If so I am not sure I agree and also if it is true then is getting a rape conviction is a life sentence of unemployment?

Not being controversial - just don't follow the argument.

So you can have ago at Barry or Corney, two people who are responsible for what happens, but you would rather focus on and attack the clearly upset and angry women who wants to exercise the ONLY power she has...

Ok....

Attack? Get a grip man.

And for God sake it's woman, not women.

No one else going to question why a user has a half naked Cliff Richard (recently interviewed by police for you know what) who only recently joined the site around the time the Ched Evans story started, speaking day after day in support of his signing. I am struggling to ignore it.

Just try.

Sorry oafc0000 I don't follow - what do you mean by "either capacity"?

Are you saying that all companies perform CRB checks and all companies would never employ anyone with a rape conviction? If so I am not sure I agree and also if it is true then is getting a rape conviction is a life sentence of unemployment?

Not being controversial - just don't follow the argument.

No sorry... Just in the capacities and situations I put forward...

There is concept that Ched Evans is being treated unfairly not being able to do the job he is good at. The reality it affects high number of ex offenders. Most can't get back to the old lines of work.