• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah

Our legal system gets it wrong sometimes but overwhelming its a successful system.

I have no issue with his early release, being out on license or the law not banning him from professional sport.

If Ched Evans was remorseful & sorry and understood what he did was awful I wouldn't have much of a problem* with the club signing him on the same bases I was ok* with us signing Lee Hughes. OR if he was found not guilty...

*There is more to it than that but I wouldn't be so angry about it.

This is the issue with what you are saying, a few have been told the same.

if he is remorseful for the crime he was convicted of then he admits guilt which he cannot do and fooks his appeals. He still states he is innocent.

whether you agree or disagree with that, fine thats your opinion but you know and understand why he isnt doing?

he does not control the behaviour of other perople on twitter. he may yet come out and ask for attacks etc to be stopped in the press conference but he doesnt have to. He is not instigating them he is purely sticking to his innocense claim which he will do until all appeals are done. There is a chance he will win his appeals remember.

I dont want him but im not dead against it as the law says he can continue his career. I wish it was elsewhere but that does not look likely.

I wont support him but I will support Oldham Athletic.

I wonder again about the uproar in 12 months when he signs for Blackpool or Sheff Utd again. I just wish we didnt take all the :censored:!

Edited by palmer1

Anybody wanting to sacrifice there season ticket PM i will have it..

Some of the reactions on here from fully grown men have been embarrassing to say the least.

One thing that i dont think anyone has picked up is the father-in-law angle.

This man is not wet behind the ears he has built up a fairly successful business empire and has publicly backed Ched and his daughter....

He more than anyone else will know absolutely all the facts including things not in the public domain and for the man to stand by him and not disown his daughter speaks more volumes than any of the consipiracy theorists out and before anyone says it his route into football i am pretty his company have a long standing arrangement with Bolton Wanderers.

Finally to those who say they will never go again....see you at Wembley in May

Ha ha yeah pal, if 1000 people boycott but the majority are all just armchair fans like yourself then the club will be fine.

I am pretty sure that was part of the board decision making process. I see the point in your posting the blindingly obvious?

Our legal system doesn't require him to be.

No, but for him to be a rehabilitated member of society that poses no further risk to women he needs to understand how his actions led a jury and a judge to believe he raped someone. If he doesn't realise what he did was vile and disgusting (whether you think he raped the girl or not, surely you can't deny his actions were pretty disgusting?) then he hasn't learnt one jot from the whole ordeal.

He can still maintain he's innocent and proceed with his appeal but he needs to show an understanding of why his actions were wrong. He hasn't done that so he hasn't been rehabilitated and isn't.

Yes, he can't control what people write on twitter but distancing himself from it and that ridiculous website, as well as showing some decency towards the victim he will, at least, show that he understands the seriousness of the situation, a situation caused by how he acted

I know bloke who was sent down for assaulting someone who had hit his wife. Should he have apologised on release?

I will put this as respectfully as i can...

I don't think there is much point in continuing to communicate with you on the issue.

Edited by oafc0000

Anybody wanting to sacrifice there season ticket PM i will have it..

Some of the reactions on here from fully grown men have been embarrassing to say the least.

One thing that i dont think anyone has picked up is the father-in-law angle.

This man is not wet behind the ears he has built up a fairly successful business empire and has publicly backed Ched and his daughter....

He more than anyone else will know absolutely all the facts including things not in the public domain and for the man to stand by him and not disown his daughter speaks more volumes than any of the consipiracy theorists out and before anyone says it his route into football i am pretty his company have a long standing arrangement with Bolton Wanderers.

Finally to those who say they will never go again....see you at Wembley in May

Of course he won't know all the facts, he was not in the hotel room. He will only know what the rapist has told him.

And I will lay my house he did the look me in the eye line.

Edited by singe

Sky Sports News reporting we are signing him after consultation with sponsors and FANS!!!!

So just Barry then :petesake:

Remember in the summer when all the season ticket holders became "members" automatically with no say... I said the only reason was so Barry could now say he represented over 2000 fans....

Chickens have come home to roost on that one...

Edited by oafc0000

Some of you are acting like a cure for cancer has been found and the club are refusing to give it us.

They've done nothing wrong in the eyes of the law.

We now have on our books a quality quality striker.

People worshiped Baxter. Didn't he deal drugs whilst at Everton? People sang Hughes' name, he ended a life and :censored:ed off from the scene.

It's happening so get your dummies back in and support this fantastic team because they may just do something this season. They need us to rally together more than ever now.