1) What reasoned argument?

2) I've said it at least 5 times now and so have others. Why would he show remorse if he believes he didn't do it? It beggers belief that people don't get this.

3) He has served his incarceration. This to me is the only relevant factor. Who cares if he can't go abroad?

4) The only "fact" provided by this journalist that supports the notion of Ched Evans' guilt is that of the jury's verdict.

I can't believe your ignorance. Are you for real, sir or madam?

He was found guilty. He was refused leave to appeal. He is now able to show remorse for how he admittedly behaved towards the young girl, but he doesn't. He is able to show remorse for the situation she has consequently found herself in, but he doesn't. He is able to ask his supporters to stop villifying her, and to stop attacking Jessica Ennis. He can do all those things while still believing himself innocent of the crime he has been convicted of. He has done none of those things.

"He has served his incarceration" - what on earth is that supposed to mean? He has not yet served his sentence. He is on licence. And he is on the sex offenders register for 15 years or more. He could go straight back inside tomorrow if he puts a foot wrong.

And the only reason he is guilty is because a jury found him guilty? Correct.

Edited by Alan Groves's Perm

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was found guilty. He was refused leave to appeal. He is now able to show remorse for how he admittedly behaved towards the young girl, but he doesn't. He is able to show remorse for the situation she has consequently found herself in, but he doesn't. He is able to ask his supporters to stop villifying her, and to stop attacking Jessica Ennis. He can do all those things while still believing himself innocent of the crime he has been convicted of. He has done none of those things.

"He has served his incarceration" - what on earth is that supposed to mean? He has not yet served his sentence. He is on licence. And he is on the sex offenders register for 15 years or more. He could go straight back inside tomorrow if he puts a foot wrong.

All of this

Please change your font.

So you don't want to say what it is here ? Shame... As a respected poster it would be interesting to know your thoughts.

To be honest I've got far to much on at the moment to get dragged into spending the day on this board reading the same things over and over again.

......... I'll comment once this circus is over and the club (I.e. the "gold brick" legend that's Simon Corney) have made a decision.

Edited by Markoasis

It's because I think this is different. You are not "fighting for your right". It's a moral issue.

An inividuals moral issue like this shouldn't need to have exposure. Your morals should say what you do.

What we do is our business.

Our morals help to inform our rights and vice versa, I can't see how you can seperate the two.

I think many people will see this as fighting for womens rights hence why so many have signed the petitions.

I don't care if Evans signs or not , i will still support the club because i know in 5 years he wont be here but i will (god willing).

The problem is that Latics have put their supporters in a position that none of them want to be in .

It's not our fault but we are being asked to pay the price for the clubs quest for a cheap striker , that is the overriding driving force for Latics to sign him.

I have said before , there are far to many hypocritical comments especially from those in lofty positions when councillors , police and politicians are in no ethical position to express their opinions as they are either hypocrites or nothing to do with the club.

Let Latics make the decision one way or another .

It is then down to the supporters to either go with it or not and i would think a lot are the same as me ,

Not happy about it but will continue to support the club.

If Evans does scores like Hughes did i will celebrate that the team have scored , i wont be chanting his name etc like they did with Hughes.

some of the people who agree with me that Oldham shouldnt sign Ched Evans are beginning to make me want to sign him. I massively resent Corney for putting us in this position, I don't want Evans playing for Latics but I also think the 'radical feminists' (their words not mine) who are haunting social media would eff off and fight a real cause. Female Genital Mutiliation? Nah. Islamic State selling women as sex slaves in markets? Nah. Women being forced to wear veils? Nah. Rape sentencing that puts people like Evans out on the street so soon? Nope. Ah yes, let's whip ourselves into a frenzy over a League 1 football club that none of us have even heard of before. Many millions of women around the word suffer and these people say <expletive> all about any of it.

He's out of prison and if you think sentencing should also mean that your punishment should continue once you're out then go and badger your MP to change the laws of the land. I don't want him at my club and I can't believe Latics have gone down this destructive path but do I think Evans should never play football again? No. Should he still be in prison? Perhaps but that's nothing to do with Latics. Do I think getting off your head, smashing your car into another and leaving them there to die while you hide out until your system is clear was worse? Yes but would seem I'm in the minority.

Couldn't agree more.

I think some people are genuinely shocked by the level of hysteria on social media and the disproportionate levels of interest.- I know I am.

I have severe reservations about Evans playing for Oldham but to date everything surrounding the case is legal and above board. If we wish to change the way the justice system is run, it has to be via the ballot box or through specific, real-life pressure groups acting through acknowledged channels and pursuing real debate - in a dignified manner. Like it or not, this is the only option open to law abiding citizens. Online onslaught fueled by emotion and mono-dimensional templates will ultimately damage the cause of vulnerable sections of the community and already, in this case, we see the pendulum of sympathy swing back towards Evans.

I would now rather the club sign the player than bow to this kind of pressure.

Couldn't agree more.

I think some people are genuinely shocked by the level of hysteria on social media and the disproportionate levels of interest.- I know I am.

I have severe reservations about Evans playing for Oldham but to date everything surrounding the case is legal and above board. If we wish to change the way the justice system is run, it has to be via the ballot box or through specific, real-life pressure groups acting through acknowledged channels and pursuing real debate - in a dignified manner. Like it or not, this is the only option open to law abiding citizens. Online onslaught fueled by emotion and mono-dimensional templates will ultimately damage the cause of vulnerable sections of the community and already, in this case, we see the pendulum of sympathy swing back towards Evans.

I would now rather the club sign the player than bow to this kind of pressure.

Siege mentality....

Let Latics make the decision one way or another .

It is then down to the supporters to either go with it or not and i would think a lot are the same as me ,

Not happy about it but will continue to support the club.

If Evans does scores like Hughes did i will celebrate that the team have scored , i wont be chanting his name etc like they did with Hughes.

:OASISscarf:

Although the decision on whether I would go or not is a little easier on me, being down in the smoke But I've never experinced the the club being talked about by as many people outside of my fellow Tics and general football supporters.

See 0000 .... I'm getting dragged in and it must stop :coffee1:

That's an interesting point. In all of this (and despite prominent articles at the top of their sites) a Ched Evans story is not in the top 10 most read articles on the Guardian or Telegraph websites or the top 5 most read on the Mirror or Times websites... I can't find other site's lists.

So really it's not quite as an attention-grabbing story as perhaps the press would like to think, at least not this morning?

That's an interesting point. In all of this (and despite prominent articles at the top of their sites) a Ched Evans story is not in the top 10 most read articles on the Guardian or Telegraph websites or the top 5 most read on the Mirror or Times websites... I can't find other site's lists.

So really it's not quite as an attention-grabbing story as perhaps the press would like to think, at least not this morning?

Wait till it's announced he signs then...

Stop it with the font. Doesn't make it any more relevant.

No. I'm a figment of your imagination. Stay off the hallucinogens.

He is now able to show remorse for how he admittedly behaved towards the young girl, but he doesn't.

He regrets cheating on his girlfriend. Everything else he doesn't accept any guilt towards. If he is correct in his innocence then the only thing that he did which is wrong is the cheating part. This is a private matter and yet he has publicly apologised for this.

He is able to show remorse for the situation she has consequently found herself in, but he doesn't. He is able to ask his supporters to stop villifying her, and to stop attacking Jessica Ennis. He can do all those things while still believing himself innocent of the crime he has been convicted of. He has done none of those things.

So your particular take on the "he's shown no remorse" soundbite is that he needs to ask his supporters to stop hounding certain people. I'll grant you that he could do that. Maybe it would be a wise and noble thing to do. But this is not what most people are referring to when thy talking about his "lack of remorse"

So what? He's not inside anymore. He should be allowed to resume his chosen career. I so no good reason why that career can't be as a footballer.

Says it all. I need more than that to form an opinion on someone's guilt.

Edited by PhilStarbucksSilkySkills

Says it all. I need more than that to form an opinion on someone's guilt.

So you have a total and utter disregard for the entire legal system and any judgement it ever came to because you wasn't sat in the court room.

You are a bit bat :censored: crazy you know :)

Edited by oafc0000