Open To All: Free Ticket to any home match of your choice

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I reckon you hand over £22, get a voucher, hand the voucher over as a Christmas present to somebody.

They then head off to the ticket office on the match day of their choice and exchange it for a match ticket.

But I might be wrong.

'A single ticket to Colchester at Home! It's what I've always wanted!'

I reckon you hand over £22, get a voucher, hand the voucher over as a Christmas present to somebody.

They then head off to the ticket office on the match day of their choice and exchange it for a match ticket.

But I might be wrong.

How does that tie in with the OS showing a "complimentary" voucher and saying:

To cash in, please visit the Oldham Athletic ticket office and pick up your gift today! ?

How does that tie in with the OS showing a "complimentary" voucher and saying:

To cash in, please visit the Oldham Athletic ticket office and pick up your gift today! ?

"Complimentary" is the code they're using to produce the voucher. It will be complimentary to the beneficiary, not the buyer.

"Pick up your gift" should read "Pick up the gift for somebody special".

Again, I'm guessing. This doesn't look like free stuff to me.

Can't work out if you're being serious or not.

I'm serious with the way it's currently worded. To cash-in doesn't mean the same as to buy the voucher. If the voucher has to be bought and then cashed-in for a ticket or at the turnstile by the voucher recipient at a game of their choice, why doesn't it say that?

"Complimentary" is the code they're using to produce the voucher. It will be complimentary to the beneficiary, not the buyer.

"Pick up your gift" should read "Pick up the gift for somebody special".

Again, I'm guessing. This doesn't look like free stuff to me.

If it said buy the voucher for someone as a gift, it would be clear what was meant.

It was a reasonable idea if it was a case of - you can buy a ticket for a Latics supporting friend as a Christmas Present, you pay the entrance fee and they get a ticket that can be used for any home game this season.

Shame that the wording made it confused.

I'm serious with the way it's currently worded. To cash-in doesn't mean the same as to buy the voucher. If the voucher has to be bought and then cashed-in for a ticket or at the turnstile by the voucher recipient at a game of their choice, why doesn't it say that?

Whatever it's trying to do, the wording is in need of enhancement!

There might be a half decent money spinning idea going on here. Or an exciting free promotion. But the presentation needs polishing up.

Agree, it is terribly worded, think they are being a bit sneaky saying pick up rather than purchase.

Whatever it's trying to do, the wording is in need of enhancement!

There might be a half decent money spinning idea going on here. Or an exciting free promotion. But the presentation needs polishing up.

Agree, it is terribly worded, think they are being a bit sneaky saying pick up rather than purchase.

Also bearing in mind how the wording used earlier this afternoon was now obviously taken from last season, and wrongly planted the seed about a free ticket.

But I might be wrong.

If they don't like the Christmas present can they exchange it for £22? :wink:

Edited by BP1960

So just to check I've got this right:

I'm a season ticket holder, so I hand in a 3 year out of date old ST ticket book in exchange for a codebraker.

Once i've cracked that code, I can access a free / not free voucher that can be swapped at one of the ticket window for a bananna tree. One of the magic bananna's from that tree can then be swapped for a Peterborogh at home match ticket, which I can then give to J P Kalalla as a Christmas Present?

Seems crystal clear to me; I don't know why anybodies been confused by this...

So if I say something nice about the lady in the ticket office she will give me a ticket for the compliment?

And is that ticket redeemable for for a voucher in the club shop that isn't open because it's not even there?

* confused from down under *

Edited by Stagger Lee

The OS uses the word "today" twice in the revised item, so it may be that the offer only applied for one day and has now expired as the ticket office has closed.

Now that yesterday's "today" has gone, so has the item from the OS.

Error Page

We are sorry!

We could not find the page you are looking for.

Hoping for clarification soon.