Oldham 0 Yeovil 4

Absolutely appalling from start to finish. The tinkerman got his arse spanked. Not one stand out performance. Elokobi no were near match fit, Winchester appalling in the 2nd half. We did not win a header in their box and not many in our box. Same as last week, the quality of ball into the opposition box is dreadful. 2 Jones free kicks second half in good positions but sailed out for dead balls without being touched. Corners - waste of time.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You cannot play with so many defenders when your attack features a man with 1 in 15. Ibehre will work well with a flowing system where you've got men running beyond him like Forte, but there's no goals in him for us to rely on. We are in desperate need of a striker to share the burden with Forte.

We've never seen a defeat like that under this manager's tenure, and I've never seen such a poorly misjudged selection as that. Why not just replace Kelly with Tidser or Dieng and play the normal formation that has served us well?

The manager takes the sole blame for the result, players take a lot of the blame for the score. The whole father-son element really adds a horrible angle to the whole result.

Edited by NewBlue

LJ needs to get his feet back on the ground and stop thinking he's got a mardrid type squad ffs.

Big George im afraid is painful to watch,watching him turn is like seriously not funny,in fact its bordering on cruelty watching it.How on earth he made it as a pro is one of lifes great mysteries.

And don't get me started on kasunga,dear god,hes an accident waiting to happen every single time the ball goes within 10 feet of him.

And corney wonders why peeps don't wana play 20 quid to watch that piles of steaming........

Back to the drawing board lee and stop trying to be someone your not in future,thanks in advance.

It tells you how bad it is when we play 3 centrehalfs and Mike Jones makes 2 last ditch defensive tackles as the last man - work that one out. Defence was bullied by a couple of 5 ft nothing forwards today and how Elokobi wasnt subbed at half time is beyond me, one final point did we make all 3 subs ? If not at 3-0 down why keep Dayton and Morgan-Smith on the bench when the likes of Elokobi and B Wilson are a liability, surely it would of been better to have a go than lose 3-0 ? We never looked like doing anything today and we cant even blame Winchester.

Moral wise for the subs, that was easily the worse performance of the season and not one player could have complained if they were subbed, and johnson looked at his bench with a sub still to make and said not one one you is good enough or deserves a chance to come on. That will have done wonders for their moral

Did they actually give a man of the match out today? Id be embarrassed to claim it if i won it. Absolutely appauling.

We have been in :censored:e form now since bristol beat us early nov. The rochdale game papers over cracks but to be frank we are lucky 2 of the recent defeats have been in the cup.

Need a good christmas now, culminating in the rochdale game (if on) can see us midtable by then if we dont improve

I wasn't there today, so I can only go off comments on here and the LP commentary. It may well have been that LJ's change of formation did for us but, remember what he said about the players he wanted in? He wanted those who could play in 2 or 3 different positions and adapt to different formations. This was something he wanted throughout the club, so that whoever stepped in would make a straightforward transition.

He must have believed that would be the case today, expecting a 5 man midfield to take control, play wide and get crosses in. That's what a 3-5-2 is supposed to do, isn't it? So, was it a system that was completely alien to the players or were they just not capable of doing it on the day and had a collectively crap 95 minutes?

Listening to the commentary, it sounded as though it wasn't working from the first minute, so LJ has to take the blame for not changing it earlier instead of waiting until the damage was irreparable. Hopefully, it's something else he has learned. But the players have let everyone down, the fans, the manager and themselves.

It will be just like Latics to go and wallop the Dongs next week, so let's put this one behind us, put it down to one of those days and hope that major surgery isn't required. The patient is still breathing and not a million miles off a play off place again.

Poor tactics dreadfully executed.

I'd say we were second best all over the field but that's a disservice to the rain who broke up more of their attacks than our six defenders did.

I could go on and on but don't see thr point, it's all been said above and will no doubt be repeated below.

Positives? It's only one game and we're still level on points with sixth. And half a million for Eaves! Wharra donkey.

Do I do seasons next?

Do what the :censored: you like.

If you want to measure form by one win at Spotland go for it.

I quite like being close to the top six and I quite like winning at home as well.

We will make the top six if we win most of our home games because I think we'll average more than a point a game away from home.

But Crawley, Orient, Preston, Doncaster and Yeovil were all :censored: (except for 25 minutes against Preston).

^ this. Don't kid yourself Harry. We've been middling to poor and that includes Dale away.

I thought we were great at Rochdale and Rochdale have gone away to Colchester and scored four today.

He's clearly suffered from that widespread managerial affliction of pissing about with different tactics to those that have served you well today, and/or bottled it against his dad but, we started and ended the day in with a playoff shout and I've been going to games with a sense of anticipation which hasn't been the case for some time.

Let's not be too harsh - it was :censored: but he's earned one free blip in my eyes.

I thought we were great at Rochdale and Rochdale have gone away to Colchester and scored four today.

He's clearly suffered from that widespread managerial affliction of pissing about with different tactics to those that have served you well today, and/or bottled it against his dad but, we started and ended the day in with a playoff shout and I've been going to games with a sense of anticipation which hasn't been the case for some time.

Let's not be too harsh - it was :censored: but he's earned one free blip in my eyes.

Well we were told Donny last week was the blip

Hugely disappointing but I always thought we'd finish 12-14th so still looking good for that :(

Nothing special at Rochdale and we've been poor for the last few games I've seen. I'm not surprised today at the result but if we'd played the right formation from the start and played to the conditions rather than as if it was a game in August we might have lost more narrowly.

Really at home against a team who where 23rd before the start of play, I know there are no expectations for some but I dont think I saw that coming even if we have been poor at home in recent weeks.

Nothing special at Rochdale and we've been poor for the last few games I've seen. I'm not surprised today at the result but if we'd played the right formation from the start and played to the conditions rather than as if it was a game in August we might have lost more narrowly.

Granted I'd had a few but I remember us being very good against a Rochdale side that had done well before and have done since. No?