The 2014/15 Prediction League Cup Thread

Stevie_J

The Prediction League Cup was supposed to get underway today but, whilst Latics did their part in keeping the league fixture with Rochdale to this date, with their inept performance in the second round of the FA Cup, Rochdale have spoilt the party by making their way into the fourth round.  But at least that afforded me a little more time to sort out the First Round draw and to get this posted up.

Therefore, the First Round of the Prediction League Cup gets underway next weekend with the home fixture against Paul Dickov's Doncaster, the same fixture Latics lost in making their FA Cup exit.  The full schedule for the 2014/15 Prediction League Cup will be as follows:

• First Round - 10 January - Doncaster Rovers (h)
  • First Round Replay - 17 January - Fleetwood Town (a)
  • Second Round - 7 February - Scunthorpe United (a)
  • Second Round Replay - 14 February - Colchester United (h)
  • Quarter Final - 7 March - Yeovil Town (a)
  • Quarter Final Replay - 14 March - Barnsley (h)
  • Semi Final - 4 April - Bristol City (h)
  • Semi Final Replay - 11 April - Sheffield United (h)
  • Final - 25 April - Walsall (a)
  • Final Replay - 2 May - Peterborough United (h)

The rules for the Cup competition are as follows:

Players will be drawn against each other and their scores for the abovementioned fixtures will dictate who progresses to the next round. In the event of a draw, there will be a replay taken from the replay fixtures listed above. In the event of another draw, the predictor with the closest attendance prediction in the replay will progress. In the very unlikely event that they remain tied, we will draw lots.

So, here's the First Round draw, courtesy of two very tired boys, who struggled to maintain concentration for a round of 32 teams!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first round draw:

Gravity Grave v astottie

laticdickovarmy v underdog

aidan_latics v LaticsPete

rosa v oafc21

warwickshire latics v handsy

lookersstandandy v nzlatic

DavidCollinge v rudemedic

stevesidg v JoshOWTB

24hoursfromtulsehill v RobOAFC

chickenbaltipie v Bristolatic

Stevie_J v Ryan

JoeP v New Blue

Latics_Fanatic v Craig D

Zorrro v Simoncorneyisgod

Disjointed v Laticsbiffo

Ex_pat v kieranmcandrew

Obviously a home tie against Biffo who is just behind me in the league should be a formality, but its the cup, anything can happen, just hope the boys can transfer their league form to this tie.

Last minute goal knocked you out old son....... i wish you had gone through though

Edited by Laticsbiffo

Some big scalps taken in the opening round of the cup, not least league champion David Collinge, who was beaten by rudemedic. The performance of the round came from astottie, who recorded a 10-2 win over Gravity Grave. The special one, 24hoursfromtulsehill was thrashed 6-0 by RobOAFC, whilst laticdickovarmy was put out by underdog and cup holder JoshOWTB was taken to a replay by stevesidg. There were four no-shows, three of whom get a second chance with a replay!

First round results in full:
Gravity Grave 2-10(ten) astottie
laticdickovarmy 0-1 underdog
aidan_latics 2-6 LaticsPete
rosa 1-5 oafc21
warwickshire latics 5-1 handsy
lookersstandandy 0-1 nzlatic
DavidCollinge 0-2 rudemedic
stevesidg 1-1 JoshOWTB
24hoursfromtulsehill 0-6 RobOAFC
chickenbaltipie 4-3 Bristolatic
Stevie_J 0-0 Ryan
JoeP 0-1 New Blue
Latics_Fanatic 0-0 Craig D
Zorrro 0-0 Simoncorneyisgod
disjointed 1-5 Laticsbiffo
Ex_pat 5-0 kieranmcandrew

He cost you all five? Was his name Carl Trevor Boyeson-Kettle?

My prediction was us to win 2-1, so he must have cost me a few points playing a sodding advantage when Doncaster were offside 4 minutes into added bastard time.

It's disappointing when the referee costs you points, but that's football. Good luck to oafc21 in the next round.

Thanks rosa,I would have sooner we got the 3 points,still gutted with the last second goal,That ref had a lot to answer too,But nothing ever gets said to them,Being a Oldham fan is such fun!!!

Out in the first round. Score three away from home and still lose. Extra training this week after that performance. I want the boys to try ever so hard to climb up the League now. Good luck to Mr BaltiPie in the next round.

Thank you squire, with my recent league form I may need it. I went on a cup run last year so hoping for more of the same, with a bit of luck the Chairman may even give me some funds to improve the squad and kick on in the league :clint: Hoping to meet OAFC21 as his beginners luck is bound to run out sooner or later... :ass1:

In the first round replays, cup holder JoshOWTB saw off stevesidg at the second time of asking, with a 3-1 win. No shows from Latics_Fanatic and Ryan handed walkover victories to Craig D and some bloke called Stevie_J respectively.

For the second time running, both simoncorneyisgod and Zorrro failed to field any eligible players. I hadn't really prepared for such an eventuality. I was tempted to boot them both out and either draw a replacement from the first round losers or to give a bye to their second round opponents. However, I'll give them one last chance - their replay will now be the midweek game against Rochdale. If they both fail to predict again, I'll go back to the original plan to draw a team from the first round losers to hand a lifeline to.

JoshOWTB 3-1 stevesidg

Ryan 0-5 Stevie_J

Craig D 6-0 Latics_Fanatic

Simoncorneyisgod p-p Zorrro

In the first round replays, cup holder JoshOWTB saw off stevesidg at the second time of asking, with a 3-1 win. No shows from Latics_Fanatic and Ryan handed walkover victories to Craig D and some bloke called Stevie_J respectively.

For the second time running, both simoncorneyisgod and Zorrro failed to field any eligible players. I hadn't really prepared for such an eventuality. I was tempted to boot them both out and either draw a replacement from the first round losers or to give a bye to their second round opponents. However, I'll give them one last chance - their replay will now be the midweek game against Rochdale. If they both fail to predict again, I'll go back to the original plan to draw a team from the first round losers to hand a lifeline to.

JoshOWTB 3-1 stevesidg

Ryan 0-5 Stevie_J

Craig D 6-0 Latics_Fanatic

Simoncorneyisgod p-p Zorrro

5 points Stevie where did that come from? Must have had your lads picking for you.