Barry Owen

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks. That is just from Notes to a meeting then!

Note 6.7 of Amendments to The Articles of Association of OA(2004)AFC Ltd state the following;

The Class B Shareholder (The Trust) shall be entitled to appoint One Director of the Company at any time and to have any Director so appointed removed and to appoint one alternative Director in respect of the person so appointed and Regulation 65 of Table A shall be amended accordingly and for the avoidance of doubt a board resolution will not be required. No Director or alternate appointed piursuant to this clause may be removed without the consent of the holders of the Class B shares.

But what does that mean.

The Directors can appoint and remove the Chairman of the Trust? Without a resolution? Or without the consent of the Directors of the Trust?

Bit bizare they don't seem to have to do any formal notification, but as long as they agree. Does it noeed to be be majority?

So the only reason Barry is still in place is becuase none of the other Directors can commit the time for one of them to replace him?

Lags in racist shocker... You might not have said anything which was racist for certain but its clearl what you meant :)

See what I did there :)

Yes I see what you did.....has I did earlier.

Edited by Lags

But what does that mean.

The Directors can appoint and remove the Chairman of the Trust? Without a resolution? Or without the consent of the Directors of the Trust?

Bit bizare they don't seem to have to do any formal notification, but as long as they agree. Does it noeed to be be majority?

So the only reason Barry is still in place is becuase none of the other Directors can commit the time for one of them to replace him?

It is pretty standard for Articles of Association in respect of Directors!

It means, as I understand It, that the holders of the B share, ie The Trust can replace the Director (WITHOUT needing permission off the OAAFC Directors) by a majority vote.

Barry said in front of witnesses that any such vote will be by the members of the Trust! He is up for re-election as a Director of the Trust soon, I think!

I cannot see Barry wanting to stay on The OAAFC Ltd Board if he was not a Director of the Trust and even if he did then the other Directors of the Trust might not back him anyway!

WHOEVER is appointed in his place goes on the Board of OAAFC Ltd

Hardly a squabble Singe....... it's slap stick banter. With a tad of back tracking thrown in for good measure with Mod assistance to boot!!

Before that gets crossed in translation....I don't mean I want to boot the Mod. That wouldn't be fun!!

By the way if Barry jumps before he is voted out/pushed we will probably end up with his nominated successor, whom Jorvik mentioned!

I hope to see someone on an interim basis (and I do hope to see Barry leave, I think there's just too much baggage now (some of it good - I would defend that) to stay) until the Trust can recompose itself and come up with a more open process by which a new head can be elected in a more democratic way.

It's abundantly clear that there's a :censored:-load of damage limitation and work to do to re-establish the Trust as a trusted (oh what a pun) source of fan representation and until that time someone needs to be making decisions to some extent - importantly in an open and collaborative manner!

Anything I can do to help get this guy off the board I am 100% behind. This week has embarrassed the club (ignoring whether you were pro or against a Ched Evans signing) so I think enough is enough. Bye Bye Barry.

Hardly a squabble Singe....... it's slap stick banter. With a tad of back tracking thrown in for good measure with Mod assistance to boot!!

You don't need to back track, we understand - you got your wires crossed. It happens.