Barry Owen

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is not strictly correct. He is up for re-election. Everyone just make sure that you take up the offer of Membership of the Trust, immediately, which is free for season ticket holders and a nominal sum for others, Anyone who doesnt will not have a vote in anything

You won't have a vote... Only the trust directors can vote for the chairman....

Sorry BP you do normally have a lot of excellent points to make but this just doesnt read right......I have had personal experience of Barry both in the street and in the Boardroom and he is in this for nothing other than himself and to try and look good with the in-crowd that frequent the boardrooms of this land

Never met him so don't know, just think SC has been too remote in this and Barry may have been left to cope basically on his own.

Its possible Barry might quit now anyway and the Trust will be in a dilemma.

Edited by BP1960

I see the next lynch mob is forming

Could you define Lynch mob?

My understanding it is s group going round acting as executioners, and judge an jury for that matter.

Not a group of people who all feel the same, and are working with a sytems that was imposed by someone for their own patronageand benefit.

Never met him so don't know, just think SC has been too remote in this and Barry may have been left to cope basically on his own.

Its possible Barry might quit now anyway and the Trust will be in a dilemma.

The Trust will be in a much stronger position BP, if that happened.

There is not a hope in hell of Barry resigning.

That is not strictly correct. He is up for re-election. Everyone just make sure that you take up the offer of Membership of the Trust, immediately, which is free for season ticket holders and a nominal sum for others, Anyone who doesnt will not have a vote in anything

Are you really sure about this?

I hope it is.

Not casting doubt on you, just the process. Whe it was las tlooked at, it was not that process at all. In the absence of any information on the Trust website I have not seen anyting that has changed since.

Trust Constitution

Constitution

Trust Oldham is a trading style of the Oldham Athletic Supporters Foundation Limited which is a private Limited Company.

The shareholding of Oldham Athletic Supporters Foundation Limited is entirely ‘owned’ by the membership base of Trust Oldham. There is no share capital.

A board of directors is appointed to manage the Limited company. Directors work on a voluntary basis for the company and volunteer their time/skills to manage the business.

Directors will serve a 3 year tenure after which time they must resign their position and, if they wish, run for re-election.

Elections of directors are held at the Trust Oldham AGM which is held every April. For further details on the Board Membership Policy please see click the link.

Any Oldham Athletic fan can become a member of Trust Oldham by either:

• Purchasing a 2014/15 Season Ticket for Oldham Athletic. The purchase of said ticket allows the holder FREE membership of Trust Oldham

OR

• Paying the annual membership fee for Trust Oldham (applicable for non-Season Ticket holders)

Membership is valid for 12 months in line with the validity of the Oldham Athletic 2014/15 Season Ticket or the payment date for membership fees paid by non-season ticket holders.

Becoming a member of Trust Oldham entitles members to attend Trust meetings and contribute to those meetings.

It also entitles members to be involved in the appointment and voting for Directors and/or put themselves forward to become a Director of Trust Oldham.

Details of the appointment of Directors to the board of the Limited Company is outined here and voting for Directors will be outlined at the appropriate voting times.

Trust Oldham meetings are generally held on a monthly basis. Notice of times and locations of meetings are announced on the Trust Oldham website.

"Barry is up for election next year. Note that if he is unsuccessful then the new representative as the fans voice on the board has to be accepted by the club. This could be a potential hurdle."

Where is that Note from?

My belief is that it is in the contract between the club and the Trust,that the fans rep will be on the Board

I can't wait till we have a new Trust Chairman....I really can't.

I hope the entire Trust committee step down in truth, they deserve to sit back and watch.

This is a fair sly dig to be honest...

Its one thing asking for people to go... There won't be a wave of people ready to take over...

But if something is a turd, its a turd... Not having a replacement doesn't change that...

Edited by oafc0000

The link Singe posted.

Thanks. That is just from Notes to a meeting then!

Note 6.7 of Amendments to The Articles of Association of OA(2004)AFC Ltd state the following;

The Class B Shareholder (The Trust) shall be entitled to appoint One Director of the Company at any time and to have any Director so appointed removed and to appoint one alternative Director in respect of the person so appointed and Regulation 65 of Table A shall be amended accordingly and for the avoidance of doubt a board resolution will not be required. No Director or alternate appointed piursuant to this clause may be removed without the consent of the holders of the Class B shares.

This is a fair sly dig to be honest...

Its one thing asking for people to go... There won't be a wave of people ready to take over...

But if something is a turd, its a turd... Not having a replacement doesn't change that...

That is a very good point... 2 in a day...

I need a lie down.

Thanks. That is just from Notes to a meeting then!

Note 6.7 of Amendments to The Articles of Association of OA(2004)AFC Ltd state the following;

The Class B Shareholder (The Trust) shall be entitled to appoint One Director of the Company at any time and to have any Director so appointed removed and to appoint one alternative Director in respect of the person so appointed and Regulation 65 of Table A shall be amended accordingly and for the avoidance of doubt a board resolution will not be required. No Director or alternate appointed piursuant to this clause may be removed without the consent of the holders of the Class B shares.

So Corney couldn't refuse anyone the Trust wants ?