Barry Owen

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First one I've seen is on this page. Needs a fresh thread I reckon...but will the ever-diligent mods allow it?

Right, what form do we think the protest if any should take?

Or prob deserves a new thread I agree.

Edited by bluearmyof1

Nothing silly. Peaceful, outside the club entrance. Banners, flags etc welcome. I'd worry that we'd get swamped by lots of people unrelated to the club who just want to come and make some noise and make trouble. The second an organised protest is organised, the Mail, BBC etc will all run stories, and Christ knows how many will show.

The protest from us (at least the majority) is against Owen and the Board, not Evans directly.

???

I don't think you can say that

There is a significant minority (I'd take a stab at a quarter to a third, maybe higher) who would be happy with Ched signing.

However, I'm fairly certain 100% of OAFC fans are outraged at how this week has been handled and developed.

Edited by josh_latics

There is a significant minority (I'd take a stab at a quarter to a third, maybe higher) who would be happy with Ched signing.

If you are happy with Ched signing then why the sudden need to protest against the board / Barry ?

I am not following your logic.

If you are happy with Ched signing then why the sudden need to protest against the board / Barry ?

I am not following your logic.

I did edit mine, but you may have missed it.

If we end up signing Ched or not, this week has been a disaster from a reputation point of view, whichever way you look at it. We looked nailed on to signing him, with an alleged press conference booked. We then got the yips and cancelled it, and have been in a board room for at least two days, with no communication with the fans. Owen made a statement a few months ago saying he spoke to all fans when we signed Hughes to get their opinion (which noone remembers) and he hasn't done this time. Plus we made a statement in December saying we weren't touching him with a barge pole. The situation has been handled horrifically by the board.

I did edit mine, but you may have missed it.

If we end up signing Ched or not, this week has been a disaster from a reputation point of view, whichever way you look at it. We looked nailed on to signing him, with an alleged press conference booked. We then got the yips and cancelled it, and have been in a board room for at least two days, with no communication with the fans. Owen made a statement a few months ago saying he spoke to all fans when we signed Hughes to get their opinion (which noone remembers) and he hasn't done this time. Plus we made a statement in December saying we weren't touching him with a barge pole. The situation has been handled horrifically by the board.

Ah ok I see your point

You're welcome to start an organisational thread on the topic. If it falls away and becomes a slanging match or a generic comment on Evans then I'll just close it.

OWTB will of course not be able to support nor discourage a protest - that's entirely up to you all. We would heavily encourage anyone who did partake in such actions to do so peacefully and with respect to the privacy of those at the club.

It's been an horrific week in Latics's history. Anything other than just supporting the team will just make it worse.

I see what you are saying but I think it only right that the club and anyone else for that matter see the majority of fans' displeasure at the events of this week and particularly how our so called representative has behaved.