Barry Owen

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same here, you are clearly quite eloquent and would provide good support, even if it just to force through a change initially, lets concentrate on getting Barry replaced for now. C Hill are you putting your hand up?

I doubt it his silence on this has been deafening, I've always viewed him as part of the Barry Owen clique it needs a fresh approach for me but that only my view.

The way I see it, the trust are struggling to engage with the fans and have a voice in the way the club is run simply because of the middle man, Barry Owen.

It's got legs to be a very promising group with a fans voice on the board, he isn't that. So like has been said many times someone capable needs to step up, is it time consuming or lots of paper work involved? Why hasn't he been voted off the trust sooner than now?

The way I see it, the trust are struggling to engage with the fans and have a voice in the way the club is run simply because of the middle man, Barry Owen.

It's got legs to be a very promising group with a fans voice on the board, he isn't that. So like has been said many times someone capable needs to step up, is it time consuming or lots of paper work involved? Why hasn't he been voted off the trust sooner than now?

No one has stood up and challenged him is the primary reason....

I doubt it his silence on this has been deafening, I've always viewed him as part of the Barry Owen clique it needs a fresh approach for me but that only my view.

I think it needs someone with a hell of a lot of experience and can be really diplomatic. That's all it needs with the correct support.

The next thing we need to have as fans is for Barry to resign. This whole situation was a shambles and as stakeholders in the form of fans we are huge financial investors in the future of latics and were never kept up to date or consulted in anyway by the fans rep. Barry needs to go.

We have more chance of ressurecting the deal than Barry resigning. But yes, he has to go.

For all our split opinions, I have not seen anyone post in favour of Barry or saying he shoudl stay.

despite the outcome my opinion on Blatter hasn't changed, he has to go, I will still be there on Saturday to tell him he has to go to his face.........I really wish I had the time to support others in the role and really would put my hand up to do what i could but i fear the lack of a figurehead coming forward.

I have to feel for Barry in that he's been left to take the flak while SC is in New York with probably no coverage of the ongoings in the US media.

Sorry BP you do normally have a lot of excellent points to make but this just doesnt read right......I have had personal experience of Barry both in the street and in the Boardroom and he is in this for nothing other than himself and to try and look good with the in-crowd that frequent the boardrooms of this land

despite the outcome my opinion on Blatter hasn't changed, he has to go, I will still be there on Saturday to tell him he has to go to his face.........I really wish I had the time to support others in the role and really would put my hand up to do what i could but i fear the lack of a figurehead coming forward.

Surely his position as fans rep is untenable ? I dont know a single fan whose been consulted on this issue despite reports that they have. It shouldn't be up for vote he shoud step aside as he is so far out of touch with those he speaks for it would be almost impossible to continue.

Not easily he can't...

It up to the trust directors....

That is not strictly correct. He is up for re-election. Everyone just make sure that you take up the offer of Membership of the Trust, immediately, which is free for season ticket holders and a nominal sum for others, Anyone who doesnt will not have a vote in anything