What Can The Fans Possibly Do? Focus On Saturday V Doncaster (H)

Ched Evans looks certain to sign now. I think we all have to live with this fact. The rumoured deal is 2.5 years and I've heard both £400 a week and £2000 a week salaries. The petition hasn't worked, despite the 5 figure number it presents. The club/board clearly haven't viewed this forum or the other for that matter.

We now need to look forward to Saturday. It is a very important fixture against our former manager and we need the three points to maintain our climb to target the play offs and promotion. Despite the boycott, we all need to unite and show our outrage at the board but whilst offering our strong support for the team.

Enter BP/ SportsDirect.com arena with confidence of a win and at the end of the game voice your concern legitimately against Evans and the board through chant and stay at full time to continue.

Likewise, I further suggest every single fan clogs up the clubs email. Email the club and voice your concern, tell them your reasons for being against the signing of a convicted rapist prior to his appeal. The email is: enquiries@oldhamathletic.co.uk

The key members of the board consists of Neil Joy as chief exec, Simon Corney (97% ownership) is chairman and Barry Owen as Fans Representative.

A voice in the matter is strong and this should be directed towards the club from the person of all fans. We all love Oldham Athletic and in my opinion the club is run strongly and effectively by Simon Corney, whom without him, we would be in god knows what division. But on this occasion, the majority of fans feel they have not been listened to. Again, email the club and voice this concern. 3000 emails wont be taken to kindly by those who are responsible to answer them.

Saturday v Doncaster awaits. Lets get behind Lee Johnson and his team!!!! COME ON OLDHAM!!! 3 points please!!!

Edited by RoyleArmy1994

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Fans can accept it and move on or they can not turn up and start hating the club.

Fact is the club have entered into a contract with Ched. That works both ways. He is not going to go away now. Fans need to decide whether they will because no amount of demonstrations will change the fact that the club has a contract with Ched as much as he has a contract at the club.

You support a club not just one player

Is that not just a bit of a cop out line though?

Look, there's probably plenty of people out there who don't care either way about it and just want to keep going to the games and what not, no problems with that.

I am however struggling with the notion of someone being against the move but still turning up because not doing 'damages the club' - will you sit bolt still in your chair when he scores a goal?

In many ways I prefer the refreshing naive honesty of those saying they don't give a :censored: what he's done, they just want him scoring goals and winning matches for Oldham.

A club that don't respect or care about the opinions of its own. Including a fan on the board who is supposed to represent those fans. It won't be get my money or support.

But quite a lot of fans wanted him signed? So they are hardly disregarding everyones opinion. What a ridiculous thread. On Saturday we go and support the team in a league game and hope for 3 points, as normal.

The sad thing is I really don't care if we win on Saturday now.

I don't want the signing of Evans to be rewarded All I hope is that on his debut he gets injured and we never see him again.

I would not cry if he got taken out by a Latics player in training.

But I would be happy if he did get inured and could not play. That would be very just reward to our tawdry Board + Manager,

Live by the sword, die by the sword.

But quite a lot of fans wanted him signed? So they are hardly disregarding everyones opinion. What a ridiculous thread. On Saturday we go and support the team in a league game and hope for 3 points, as normal.

Normal?

There is nothing normal about this.

The club can do what the :censored: it wants now for me, :censored: the lot of them.

My stance in a nutshell.

Until a new regime takes over and those responsible for this whole mess have gone, then I'll reassess.

I'm guessing I'll have found something else to do on a Sat afternoon by then though.

Ched Evans looks certain to sign now. I think we all have to live with this fact. The rumoured deal is 2.5 years and I've heard both £400 a week and £2000 a week salaries. The petition hasn't worked, despite the 5 figure number it presents. The club/board clearly haven't viewed this forum or the other for that matter.

We now need to look forward to Saturday. It is a very important fixture against our former manager and we need the three points to maintain our climb to target the play offs and promotion. Despite the boycott, we all need to unite and show our outrage at the board but whilst offering our strong support for the team.

Enter BP/ SportsDirect.com arena with confidence of a win and at the end of the game voice your concern legitimately against Evans and the board through chant and stay at full time to continue.

Likewise, I further suggest every single fan clogs up the clubs email. Email the club and voice your concern, tell them your reasons for being against the signing of a convicted rapist prior to his appeal. The email is: enquiries@oldhamathletic.co.uk

The key members of the board consists of Neil Joy as chief exec, Simon Corney (97% ownership) is chairman and Barry Owen as Fans Representative.

A voice in the matter is strong and this should be directed towards the club from the person of all fans. We all love Oldham Athletic and in my opinion the club is run strongly and effectively by Simon Corney, whom without him, we would be in god knows what division. But on this occasion, the majority of fans feel they have not been listened to. Again, email the club and voice this concern. 3000 emails wont be taken to kindly by those who are responsible to answer them.

Saturday v Doncaster awaits. Lets get behind Lee Johnson and his team!!!! COME ON OLDHAM!!! 3 points please!!!

I cannot get behind Lee Johnson. He is up to his neck in this.

His Due Diligence quote, and line about not signing players who will disrupt the team is now proved to be a hollow lie.

He has no moral scruples. He is not the man I thought he was.

He either instigated the deal, accepted it and all the consequences, or is being told who is in his squad and who to play. All of which are matters for which he should have resigned for.

I am convinced if Lee Johnson had resigned, more would be against this deal, and we would have seen more protest. Which is very sad.

Edited by singe

Edit. Done. My post added nothing to what already is being said...

Edited by slystallone

I don't go often enough to be able to take the moral high ground and say I'm boycotting - there was never a chance I would be there on Saturday but what I can say for certain is that it is one more nail in the coffin of my interest.

Roughly in date order:

Fellow fans' reactions to SAFE

Chris Moore ignoring supporters

Chris Moore posing as a man of the people at QPR

The racist abuse of Wayne Andrews at Colchester

Various failures to move to a new stadium

The dereliction of the current stadium

Lee Hughes

Sacking of various managers for various reasons

Turnover of players

The loan system

and this.

My 6.6" box is getting close to airtight.

Edited by Dave_Og

Genuinely gutted.

I think I'll be there on saturday. I've paid and why should I not go? I have done this for 25 and half years.

I didn't get a season ticket with Lee Hughes here, but I came to games. I allowed the regime a mistake. To do it again... disgraceful.

Sly did you get a reply from Corney, just that a friend of my lads sent him an e-mail saying he would back him, and he got a reply thanking him.

I emailed to express lack of support and nothing.

Maybe my inbox isn't working.