Is Now The Time?

I think our experience last time we almost went under shows there isn't a whole host of local business men ready to take over... Although wasn't the debt pile last time off putting high ?

EDIT: How much do we currently owe back to Blitz and co ?

Edited by oafc0000

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think our experience last time we almost went under shows there isn't a whole host of local business men ready to take over... Although wasn't the debt pile last time off putting high ?

EDIT: How much do we currently owe back to Blitz and co ?

I don't mean local based oafc0000 I mean the super rich with Oldham connections worldwide, born/ raised/schooled in the town etc.

A few like Michael Edelson (a former Latics youth team player) for example;

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/8/news/57516/search-for-app-star-can-unite-oldham

Even invite the ladies;

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/local-news/from-market-stalls-to-millionaires-club-898863

Edited by BP1960

Most sensible people wouldn't touch a football club with a barge pole, as for or club even less so now.

I'm afraid we are stuck with Simon Corney, if you really want to see the back of him you may end up with Barry Blatter fulfilling his lifetime ambition and only real aim of running OAFC.

Then watch the fans turn the back on the club.

Most sensible people wouldn't touch a football club with a barge pole, as for or club even less so now.

I'm afraid we are stuck with Simon Corney, if you really want to see the back of him you may end up with Barry Blatter fulfilling his lifetime ambition and only real aim of running OAFC.

People are still willing to invest in football club always have done, you actively need to seek out the right ones not hope they will come to you.

Koukash I assume was one of those sought, but not the right person it seemed, there are others out though I'm sure who are the right fit for this club, hence my Oldham connected millionaires consortium idea.

People are still willing to invest in football club always have done, you actively need to seek out the right ones not hope they will come to you.

Koukash I assume was one of those sought, but not the right person it seemed, there are others out though I'm sure who are the right fit for this club, hence my Oldham connected millionaires consortium idea.

Agyness Deyn, Deirdre Barlow, Cannon and Ball, Carl Cox, Prof Brian Cox, Mark Owen - stand up and be counted, put your money where your mouths are, your club and town needs you.

Wonder if Corney will now have a decision to make...?

Before this week I would have hoped not. Now, even if it meant relegation and ultimately bankruptcy I think that might be best all round. Whoever thought this whole affair would have a positive outcome is a loon.

Dreams are rarely achieved by a group of people unless it is from a backs-to-the-wall life or death scenario. We are an established L1 club being sensibly run. Signing Evans is not an attempt to ruin us but a misguided attempt to improve us. We are a going concern.

I speak from experience when I say a Co-operative is fraught with difficulties, and I am not talking about ‘THE’ Co-op. And I would categorically ‘not’ invest in a football club.

I have no doubt whatsoever that there are within the clubs fan base a multitude of skills. The problem would be the 500, 1,000, 2,000, not likely more, who would be equal bondholders. Virtually all will be quite happy to sit on their hands while a small group of enthusiastic committee members run themselves ragged. AGM’s will turn into OWTB with attitude and a vote. Running a football club is not Xbox Football Manager nor is it a conveyer belt of perfectly formed merchandise.

It has been suggested that Oldham born millionaires could be approached for investment, who would approach them? Wouldn’t any Latics loving benefactor already be on the scene? Any investment would only come with one vote. Anything more and it heads towards a LTD Company.

I will be there on Saturday supporting my team and hoping that Corney’s huge gamble does not have a detrimental effect on the players performance. I am also hoping Evans, disengages/closes his association with his web site and admits his behaviour was at best appalling. I am not unduly confidant on any.

Be careful what you wish for, ladies and gents....

If you asked me before this week what I wished for OAFC I would have easily given you an answer - "Established Championship side with the odd cup run."

If you asked me now, I can't answer. The way I now feel about something that has been a part of me and I've been a part of for about 35 years I can't put into words. Speaking in the heat of the moment, the grieving process has already started and if the club caught up to that it might be for the best.

I may feel differently at 4:50 on Saturday driving out of the car park but at the moment if that was the last fixture I think in time I may look back and enjoy the good bits.

We've disagreed this week, but I totally agree witrh what you say. Reform of the Trust seems to be a good way of -reuniting us.

If you asked me before this week what I wished for OAFC I would have easily given you an answer - "Established Championship side with the odd cup run."

If you asked me now, I can't answer. The way I now feel about something that has been a part of me and I've been a part of for about 35 years I can't put into words. Speaking in the heat of the moment, the grieving process has already started and if the club caught up to that it might be for the best.

I may feel differently at 4:50 on Saturday driving out of the car park but at the moment if that was the last fixture I think in time I may look back and enjoy the good bits.

Yes, "Established Championship side with the odd cup run." Its absolutely right, but now it should have the caveat; but not at any cost.

Funnily enough I was thinking the same today. If the fans really did have a representative on the board, or better still owned the club, situations such as the one ths week would be far less likely to occur

I take it you've not read the Ched Evans thread then ?