A Genuine Thank You To Simon Corney

Mr Corney,

You will now fully appreciate what fickle people football fans are. In my opinion (and I am sure many agree) you single handedly steered the Latics through some very stormy waters to ensure they kept afloat and, what's more, recently brought to us a brand and style of football we haven't seen in a long time via LJ and the team. You've made some mistakes (hey - you're human!) and have had some poor counsel, at times, from other board members. However, you have always come across as honest and sincere and for that you deserve great credit.

The Ched Evans scenario was always destined to be an unmitigated disaster - simply because we live in a very strange era where mass hysteria is the norm, via people with the IQ of a snail, thanks to that lowest form of communication - social media. The 'drama queens' on here and elsewhere threatening to rip up season tickets etc - let them - they surely cannot be true Latics fans to make such threats? None of us know the true facts around Evans and that is probably the main lesson learned - it has been a communications and PR nightmare - very badly handled form that point of view - whoever let you down in that respect must go.

I understand threats may have been made to you and/or your family (according to the media) and that is truly awful.

Rest assured, if you have indeed resigned, there are many Latics fans who DO APPRECIATE what you have done for the club - and thank you eternally for that.

why is that being a drama queen - it's fact - I said a while ago I was leaving this site because I can't stand social media - too many cowards hiding behind usernames - you couldn't debate an issue if you tried - because you're thick as :censored: - me gone now - no more posts - too many utter brainless arseholes on here.

Well if me having an opinion that I don't want to attend football matches whilst someone who makes my skin crawl plays for my team makes me a drama queen and saying such on an online forum "hiding behind a username" (which is actually virtually my name James White) since I'm not sat in a pub to do it face to face makes me a "brain dead arsehole who couldn't debate anything if I tried" well... Pot calling kettle with that eloquently put post.

Edited by JWhite101

why is that being a drama queen - it's fact - I said a while ago I was leaving this site because I can't stand social media - too many cowards hiding behind usernames - you couldn't debate an issue if you tried - because you're thick as :censored: - me gone now - no more posts - too many utter brainless arseholes on here.

er, AlanGroves. Is that you real name then....?

By Drama Queen, do you mean someone who flounces off saying "you couldn't debate an issue if you tried - because you're thick as :censored: - me gone now - no more posts - too many utter brainless arseholes on here.". because thats a very good description of one.