Liam Kelly

This man is the club's true leader and an inspiration to the whole team.

He wasn't at his best passing today, probably rusty after a month out, but the way he put himself about, tackled and led by example was rousing to see. His reaction after their equaliser made me believe we'll be back to what we were before, now he's back. What a man.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this the guy everyone thought was gash at the start of the season?

How many times do you want these people to apologise for being wrong on this occasion? Let us compliment the man and his efforts without bringing this up again.

What a signing. Think we'll be back to our best sooner rather than later, im also impressed with Amari Morgan-Smith every time ive seen him, looks to have pace power and strength! Good in the air too.

I agree the guy has been truly inspirational and what the hell does it matter if some misjudged him early on- you could only judge on what was on display which by all accounts was pretty dire. Glad to hear to about Amari Morgan-Smith who in the tiny bits i have seen has looked very promising- his late goal at Swindon and near miss v gills at home shows he knows how to get in the right places- i would like to see him given a run

One man really can make a team.

Much better from Jones today too, Johnson was a terrific player (would still quite happily swap him for Philliskirk) but think we saw a dip of his form as a result.

Johnson is a level above Philliskirk, and I thought he raised his level at times to match him. Dale and Sheffield away spring to mind.

Although given the glimpses of how they linked up at times we didn't see nearly enough of that. Kelly's absence - the visible difference with him there today was pretty startling - and the form of those around them can't have helped.

He looked dreadful at Col U 1st game, I then didn't see us until Fleetwood at home in September & the difference was staggering,

He really is the heartbeat of the team, keeps everything ticking over. Without him we just grind to a halt.

We've been through spells where we've lost big players - Elokobi, Forte regularly for a game here & there, Mike Jones has missed a couple & we've coped, but the last 5 weeks have shown that Liam Kelly is the difference between us being in a relegation scrap or a playoff push.

Edited by mcgoo_84

• 1 month later...

This man is the club's true leader and an inspiration to the whole team.

He wasn't at his best passing today, probably rusty after a month out, but the way he put himself about, tackled and led by example was rousing to see. His reaction after their equaliser made me believe we'll be back to what we were before, now he's back. What a man.

Hope our new manager quickly assess Kelly's importance and keeps hold of him

He took the time during his injury lay-off to progress with his coaching badges. Says something about the lad.

I reckon LJ sees a bit of himself in Kelly, which is probably why I worship them both.

Could be useful.,....

Edited by singe