Fleetwood 0-2 Oldham

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the ref was good on Saturday. Not because Latics won, but he approved of proper ball-winning tackles leaving opponents on the floor, which is unusual these days. He also failed to book Winchester for his goal celebration with the supporters - see Alan Howarth's picture 10.

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/gallery-fleetwood-town.-2210747.aspx

I thought the ref was good on Saturday. Not because Latics won, but he approved of proper ball-winning tackles leaving opponents on the floor, which is unusual these days. He also failed to book Winchester for his goal celebration with the supporters - see Alan Howarth's picture 10.

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/gallery-fleetwood-town.-2210747.aspx

He definitely booked him

Not sure if he booked Winnie or not - I thought he did (and within the rules was arguably correct to do so) - but still thought it was a good performance by the ref.

I think it was nearly 20 minutes in before the first FK - and he seemed to let the physical nature of the game take place without content whistling therefore letting the game flow.

Didn't use the vanishing spray for the direct FKs though - not that it bothered Jones :-)

Got to agree one of the better refs of the season and 100x better then boyeson. He let the game flow and brought free kicks back like the poleon one

I couldn't understand bringing Poleon's back when he'd got inside the box with the ball and had a decent chance of being able to dive for a penalty. But all's well that ends well.

I checked on the match stats for bookings before posting and there was no yellow against his name.

Wasn't on the scoreboard at Fleetwood either, but he definitely showed him the yellow card - it was right in front of us. Maybe he didn't write it down :grin:

I couldn't understand bringing Poleon's back when he'd got inside the box with the ball and had a decent chance of being able to dive for a penalty. But all's well that ends well.

He gives the FK instead of a corner, as that was what would have happened if he let play continue fully.

Not sure if he booked Winnie or not - I thought he did (and within the rules was arguably correct to do so) - but still thought it was a good performance by the ref.

I think it was nearly 20 minutes in before the first FK - and he seemed to let the physical nature of the game take place without content whistling therefore letting the game flow.

Didn't use the vanishing spray for the direct FKs though - not that it bothered Jones :-)

Except when Jones scored he did.

Thought Kelly's performance was the best i have seen in a Latics shirt since Sheridans at Hillsborough ,

Winchester's definitely the best he has produced in a Latics shirt as well.

Agree about the front 2 but maybe Poleon with somebody like Jabo or even better Jabo and an on form Forte.

He played very well, all of the below were better though

Porter vs Nottm Forest 2006

Hughes vs Bournemouth 2007

Gregan/Taylor vs Leeds 2008

Alessandra vs Scunthorpe 2008

Morais vs Huddersfield 2010

Simpson vs Chesterfield 2011

Tarkowski vs Preston 2013

Clarke-Harris vs Bradford 2014

He played very well, all of the below were better though

Porter vs Nottm Forest 2006

Hughes vs Bournemouth 2007

Gregan/Taylor vs Leeds 2008

Alessandra vs Scunthorpe 2008

Morais vs Huddersfield 2010

Simpson vs Chesterfield 2011

Tarkowski vs Preston 2013

Clarke-Harris vs Bradford 2014

Rocastle v Swansea 2007...

Scrappy first half with decent amounts of possession, but Fleetwood looked more threatening in short bursts and had the better chances.

Second half transformation from Latics - and our forwards and midfield looked to drive at goal and shoot more. It was rewarded with a great goal and then the confidence seemed to spread through the team and at times we played as well as we have all season.

Second goal and then closed the game out.

Top performance and result.

Fleetwood - a strange and yet wonderful little ground. Barcode automatic turnstiles and a large colour screen, plus a decent main stand with good executive facilities (being abused by at least 2 lots of Latics fans).....coupled with 'uncovered terraces' that were a tarmac path to another stand, and 3 stands small enough that the local back gardens must get a fair selection of free footballs.

6 promotions in 10 years it declared on their main stand. I'd say making they transition from non to football league nicely.

Fantastic Sports Bar too, Exactly what we need.

The players' Fleetwood video highlight was the goal celebration pie-dropping incident.

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/10/oldham-athletic-news/89954/from-pie-in-the-sky-to-crust-in-the-dust

Does anyone know Lee Dickenson or is he a member on here? I'm in the 2nd pic on that article and wouldn't mind getting a copy if possible.

Does anyone know Lee Dickenson or is he a member on here? I'm in the 2nd pic on that article and wouldn't mind getting a copy if possible.

He's on Facebook: www.facebook.com/leedickensenphotography and Twitter: @leeant2004

Edited by NewBlue