Not tempting fate , but the play off's

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Realism, caution and pragmatism is for managers, chairmen and shareholders. It isn't for supporters. It never has been.

It's a massive task but with some big performances and a little bit of luck (like on Tuesday) it can be done.

I think promotion via the play-offs would be too difficult, but a two-legged affair between us and Preston (3rd vs 6th - I'd be amazed if it was 4th vs 5th) and a trip to Wembley would be an incredible achievement.

I honestly do not fear Preston, whereas Swindon and MK Dons have genuine class. They lose games because their style and attacking class leaves them defensively vulnerable, but when on form - which is more often than not - they can ruin teams.

Edited by UpTheLatics

the icing on the cake for me disjointed would be Leeds Utd at home first game in the championship next season

with the new stand open an a 10,000 plus crowd just to be greedy

Bollocks to that. Opening day win against Villa with Leeds losing at home to Burton. Edited by jsslatic

Play-off games are cup finals. They're not like normal league games, form often goes out of the window. A fired up Oldham side with Elokobi roaring orders and encouragement from the back, Kelly play-making and inspiring in the middle and a rampant Forte and Wilkinson up front. Not to mention the smoke bomb laced raucousness we'd bring to the party. Don't write us off.

Woof.

Play-off games are cup finals. They're not like normal league games, form often goes out of the window. A fired up Oldham side with Elokobi roaring orders and encouragement from the back, Kelly play-making and inspiring in the middle and a rampant Forte and Wilkinson up front. Not to mention the smoke bomb laced raucousness we'd bring to the party. Don't write us off.

Woof.

We have to bring Leezy as well.

I loathe playoffs, I'm scarred from us being the first team ever to get lumbered with them, an away goal rule and losing out to Leeds who if a I remember rightly were below us with a massive point difference too

The ecstasy of us scoring at home to them buggers, still jumping up and down on the terraces to have the ball picked up out of their net, to the whistle being blow to KO again to one pass later it's in our net..away goal.

Horrible, horrible feeling, I've never been so bloody angry in my life...grrrr

And breath....yes I still have issues

• 2 weeks later...

I loathe playoffs, I'm scarred from us being the first team ever to get lumbered with them, an away goal rule and losing out to Leeds who if a I remember rightly were below us with a massive point difference too

The ecstasy of us scoring at home to them buggers, still jumping up and down on the terraces to have the ball picked up out of their net, to the whistle being blow to KO again to one pass later it's in our net..away goal.

Horrible, horrible feeling, I've never been so bloody angry in my life...grrrr

And breath....yes I still have issues

feel for you brother never ever forgiven Keith Edwards for that up along side that goal at wembley

everything that has gone wrong is purely down to this thread being started.Can I suggest this Lags character be tried, found guilty & then dealt with in whichever manner the People's Court sees fit

It's not over yet.......but of course, it's looking like the stocks for me.