Team V Orient

Having said that though Poleon didn't impact the game as much and he seems to be taking an age to settle in and produce what he promises. I'm inclined to try Turner too, if he is now fully fit let's have a look at him. Neither can do the job that Wilkinson or a Jabo would do though and that's our issue just now (and certainly don't ask Forte to play the target man)

Kean

Wilson Wilson Elokobi Mills

Winchester Kelly Jones Forte

Turner Murphy

4-4-2 or 4-1-3-2

Same team but diamond with Poleon before Turner and Philly in place of Winchester........................again!

By the way I would also start Dieng before George, so in a few ways its a completely different team-but I dont think that LJ will do this last one actually

Same team but diamond with Poleon before Turner and Philly in place of Winchester........................again!

By the way I would also start Dieng before George, so in a few ways its a completely different team-but I dont think that LJ will do this last one actually

Thank god you're not manager!

GK is obvious.

The back four are pretty steady with Mills, Elokobi and the Wilsons - not perfect and make errors at times, but not sure that the changes available would do anything to change that.

Its midfield and upfront where we have options / issues:

I'd say that if fit Winchester starts - more capable than most of our squad to get past a stubborn bank of defensive units.

Alongside should sit Jones and Kelly (although not at their best on Saturday) and for me I'd have Forte playing out wide. I know LK likes to play him up front, but I'd prefer his pace and skill breaking from midfield than Mellis / Philly at the moment.

Up front is probably the most difficult area. I think we have seen and most agree that Forte is not an out and out striker and is better suited to a role in the diamond, and with Wilkinson being out injured we are left with a choice from:

Philly

Poleon

Murphy

Turner

3 of these have not really had any sort of run in the team to show what they can / can't do: Poleon can catch pigeons but not yet really delivered in the spurts he gets; Murphy looks like he has good movement off the ball that could be exploited with accurate passes/crosses but not seen enough; Turner looked OK in spurts on Saturday. I think there is some talent in here, but we need to pick a couple and play them as a partnership for 3 or 4 games to give them chance to settle in the team and work with each other.

We than have Philly - who for me at the moment looks more of a midfielder / hole player than a forward, and I think there are players in better form than him in those positions.