Lee Johnson Departure Confirmed

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be amazed if anybody employed by Latics saw Rhys Murphy play!

According to Rhys in the programme we had already signed him to join in the summer but we pushed the transfer through. Wonder if there are other players out there on similar deals?

According to Rhys in the programme we had already signed him to join in the summer but we pushed the transfer through. Wonder if there are other players out there on similar deals?

No idea.

I'm assuming he had his medical in Wetherspoons the night he signed too!

Listen to the interview on the BBC website with Judas LJ. About 40 seconds in when asked was he thinking about leaving Oldham prior to the Barnsley switch, in typical LJ fork tongue speak he says " well there was one or two suggestions...but" In other words I've sent out quite a few CV's whilst still tweeting #oneteamonedream to the duped Latic fans.

“I’m really happy here, it’s a great club and, of course, any interest is flattering - whether it’s Barnsley, Man United or Brackley.

“If you go on a night out and three girls take a shine to you, it’s flattering. But you might have been married 10 years so it doesn’t mean you’re going to bat an eyelid.”

“It’s part of football,” he said. “Speculation like this happens all the time, little bits and bobs. It doesn’t mean it’s going to happen.

“It doesn’t mean you get offered the job, it doesn’t mean you do or don’t want to go. It’s just another thing that happens during the course of a season.

“I understand everyone’s got a job to do, they’re scratching for information and out of respect for everybody you just can’t give that,” Johnson added.

“I’m trying to be friendly and human, and explain how it works in any situation because hopefully this will happen 100 times, because it will mean that the club’s doing well.”

This quote from Corney today....

“It was always in Lee’s hands. This is how it works now,” Corney said.

“If Jose Mourinho wants to go to Real Madrid then it is in his hands — and he is about to get a new four-year contract.”

...makes we wonder if LJ was close to leaving when we gave him that big contract!

This quote from Corney today....

“It was always in Lee’s hands. This is how it works now,” Corney said.

“If Jose Mourinho wants to go to Real Madrid then it is in his hands — and he is about to get a new four-year contract.”

...makes we wonder if LJ was close to leaving when we gave him that big contract!

That is quite a reasonable assumption!

He wasn't close to leaving the club when he got his big contract but I know he hasn't been shy in throwing his name into the hat and neither has his dad on his behalf......SC thought it would have taken him longer than this to get an opportunity just based on the vast number of experience out of works managers there are!

Let's just say that whatever is said tonight Chairman talk to each other and SC will be making sure any that ask know how.........hmmmmmm......ambitious or loyal? Our ex manager is.

Edited by Simoncorneyisgod

Like the weasel said in his BBC interview when asked had he thought about leaving Oldham before Barnsley " There as been a couple of suggestions of maybe moving before"

Suggestions = CV's to clubs I take it.

#oneteamonedream

• 2 weeks later...

He did ok with us. He left us for a bigger club. He's been justified in doing so because they are above us in the League with much better chance of progression out of our Division. I still don't blame him...

Not even that niggly "he could have done better than Barnsley" feeling?

Nope. He did ok with us, nothing spectacular. I don't get the notion that a bigger club than Barnsley would have come in for him...

It wouldnt necessarily have to be a bigger club just a better one with a certain degree of loyalty to managers like we have shown, it was a strange move in a bid to try to further his managerial career to go to the SheepLovers who think that they are a big club! It could all backfire so easily for him,

If you played or managed Oldham and Barnsley came and offered you a lot more money, a long term contract and a lot more money to spend you would be a fookin idiot to turn it down.

LJ is not a idiot.

Barnsley are a bigger club, have a better stadium and have more fans who actually go and watch and have a bigger budget to achieve success in a shorter period.

10 to 15 years ago that was not the case, maybe in 10 years it ill switch again but can anyone blame him really?

It wouldnt necessarily have to be a bigger club just a better one with a certain degree of loyalty to managers like we have shown, it was a strange move in a bid to try to further his managerial career to go to the SheepLovers who think that they are a big club! It could all backfire so easily for him,

we sacked our last 3 managers - loyalty?

If you played or managed Oldham and Barnsley came and offered you a lot more money, a long term contract and a lot more money to spend you would be a fookin idiot to turn it down.

LJ is not a idiot.

Barnsley are a bigger club, have a better stadium and have more fans who actually go and watch and have a bigger budget to achieve success in a shorter period.

10 to 15 years ago that was not the case, maybe in 10 years it ill switch again but can anyone blame him really?

we sacked our last 3 managers - loyalty?

Barnsley have sacked 8 or 9 managers in the time-scale of us sacking 4 or 5, so yes loyalty!