Lee Johnson Departure Confirmed

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not arsed about the 100 day plan, him turning up at their game last night sticks in the craw a tad though.

At 8-45 last night any allegiance or input Johnson had into Oldham Athletic and its business was zero.

We didn't know it at the time but a simple 'fact' 18hrs later negates the sour taste of the deed - for me anyway.

I don't get this outrage at him preparing this 100 day plan.

Surely it's just a tweaked version of something similar he presented to Corney when going for this job?

And as for highlighting Barnsleys strengths and weaknesses, we played them recently and he probably knows little more about them than most other league one clubs. Wasn't knowing such things an integral part of his job as Oldham manager?

We've seen similar, and worse, performances than Orient on several occasions during his tenure. I'm sure whether his presentation took him two hours or 20 to prepare he could easily have made the time with little or no detriment to Oldham Athletic.

You are becoming more and more the voice of reason on this board.

It will be interesting to hear Corney's version of events.

Johnson has played with a straight bat and talked of a respectful, amicable parting of ways.

While Corney can be diplomatic, he tends to be more candid when he feels aggrieved about something, so his reaction will be interesting.

Producing a 100 day plan for Barnsley while in charge of us...

I have been thinking the same,

went to interview with a 100 day plan, also identified the weakness within Barnsley and identified the players he wants to bring in, all whilst in charge of Latics.

so much about him saying that it wasn't necessarily that he wanted to leave, but a big opportunity. I appreciate that it may only taken a few hours or whatever to do, but the fact remains that whilst he was doing it, he wasn't a 100% committed to Oldham and that is what I think is wrong as think about it may of lead to distractions in other aspects of his job

Edited by Shakes

Can any manager who is in work but being interviewed be 100% focused on his job?

What do you want him to do resign and then apply?

I understand people are pissed off but be pissed off about the right things. Its how the game works, are some of you that naive that he wouldn't be interviewed? He had permission or he couldn't have done.

Be pissed off he left for another league 1 club not that he spoke to them while still our manager.

And if you ever turn up to a job interview while employed elsewhere and are not prepared for the interview, more fool you!

Edited by palmer1

His Dad on the FLS last night pretty much confirmed that the FFP rules and the bigger budget are why LJ left.

Also seemed to indicate that he would be looking for a club that could compete in the world of FFP as well.

Not saying GJ would be of real interest to me, but perhaps an overall view of more experienced managers that in the new world of FFP that clubs like ours are just too difficult?

Might mean that we only get young hungry or old desperate applicants...

His Dad on the FLS last night pretty much confirmed that the FFP rules and the bigger budget are why LJ left.

Also seemed to indicate that he would be looking for a club that could compete in the world of FFP as well.

Not saying GJ would be of real interest to me, but perhaps an overall view of more experienced managers that in the new world of FFP that clubs like ours are just too difficult?

Might mean that we only get young hungry or old desperate applicants...

Yes I saw it last night also. Failed to mention how many cv's LJ sent out. Also bigged himself up by really saying the only reason he's failed was due to lack of money...............................really? at Bristol City???????

Lip service how hard a decision it was for LJ, it was that hard licking the postage stamps more like.

Not sure I can agree with the general vilification of LJ.

I sadly have to agree that he is right - Barnsley are a much better prospect in this division that we are.

As for how many other clubs he looked at, I don't know the answer. But I'd bet that he only looked at clubs he thought were a better prospect.

Exactly like myself when looking for another job. I don't look for jobs that pay me less, or have less chance for me to get promoted in the future.

As for GJ. Well regarded by Bristol City supporter I am friends with - almost got them to the Premiership.

Jesus, we might as well resign from the league and play the Rifle Range on a Sunday instead.

What happened to getting out there, scouting players, improving them on the training ground?

All agents and videos now, managers sometimes have never seen a player they have signed, particularly those on loan.

Edited by BP1960