Hesitancy on Sky when asked about the Oldham job - 'We'll wait and see'. Answering that on air might say something about his media commitments. Corney also talked about interest in him and holding discussions next week, saying he's a great coach and very passionate.

Would everybody have him back?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't SC attending his wife's charity shindig on Saturday? Possibly means that he's less likely to rule it out on air given that. He could also be trying to suggest that he's open to coaching offers from other clubs rather than just us. Not sure he'd be keen on the backing he'd get in terms of player budgets.

One of Dowie's strengths was to get a side well organised and to fight for each other. He was helped with money in the play off season but he also created a side out of nothing when in administration that were surviving fine with him in charge. He spent money but he also brought in Hall, Andrews and Cooksey probably for very little and got the best out of Darren Sheridan.

It has been eleven years since he went. As much as a lift as it would give everyone he's not achieved much since, except for Palace which was ten years ago in itself.

I love Dowie and my heart says I'd love him back but it would feel almost like a King Kev appointment to make people happy whilst everyone externally can see it won't work.

Any talk of unfinished business is silly, if he were coming back in 2005 maybe but it's hardly like the bulk of that squad are still in place and he wants to get us over the line...

We need motivation, organisation and passion, and that's just the players. Dowie would do for me, as that is not something that you can teach. it doesn't matter that football has changed on the field, he isn't playing, but the players need a leader.

If we are going for dowie then it will be the short term approach and then we'd have to find someone in the summer. I can't see him wanting to stay long term.

It will give everyone a lift but I wouldn't anticipate a fairy tale ending, it will likely be just like JRs return an initial lift but I can see it petering out.