Full Time: Oldham Athletic 1 Barnsley 3

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How where the 1st and 2nd the keepers fault? 3rd was he came flapping and got nothing!

Id say palming a weak shot straight out in front of goal is pretty much hus fault..

There was a weak shot 2nd half that mr butterfingers also let slip even though the ball was going about 3 mph

between PNE and Barnsley, i'd say at least 4 are down to him....if not more

If you've got money resting on the other team to win, where do your loyalties lie?

CAn;t speak personally, but he had a tenner on it. He's hardly going to start cheering on Barnsley at 2-1 up. even for £90.

I take your point if you are going to win £1m on Latics losing, in that case I'd agree betting against your own team on that scale. But we're talking about a flutter. A tenner.

And as was said to ease the pain of a loss. That's where the hurt is, the first loyalty.

I've done a handful of times over about 25 years, but never in with a shout of winning.

Coaching badges produce one dimensional footballers and one dimensional coaches and mamagers

Not sure the stats back up that.

However statistics from European football's governing body show England have just 1,161 elite coaches compared to Spain's 12,700 and 5,500 from Germany.

Spain and Germany have massively out performed us,

Look at the English sides results in Europe this past couple of weeks.

Id say palming a weak shot straight out in front of goal is pretty much hus fault..

There was a weak shot 2nd half that mr butterfingers also let slip even though the ball was going about 3 mph

between PNE and Barnsley, i'd say at least 4 are down to him....if not more

The free kick From the 1st took a deflection so the best he could Do was just fling his arm out as it came threw the crowd of players. The ball just bounced straight on the foot of their centre half.

Having no attacking threat just hands the opposition the initiative, sooner or later the defence will wilt.

I can tell you if this trend of coaches continues who think one up front at home who cant even hold up the ball is the answer you will find yet more bored fans drifting away. The Glossop manager has a better idea of attacking football than the text book coaches we have had here recently.

This season may be my last unless a managerial change in approach is shown.

The Glossop manager who is UEFA "A" qualified?

Having no attacking threat just hands the opposition the initiative, sooner or later the defence will wilt.

I can tell you if this trend of coaches continues who think one up front at home who cant even hold up the ball is the answer you will find yet more bored fans drifting away. The Glossop manager has a better idea of attacking football than the text book coaches we have had here recently.

This season may be my last unless a managerial change in approach is shown.

You still have to defend a set piece I don't care how attacking your formation is. That's the only threat that Barnsley offered today was from set pieces they scored 3 goals from them they have barely tested the keeper in the rest of the game.

I'm hoping you were joking the Glossop north end north west counties league manager although I fear you weren't.

Not sure the stats back up that.

However statistics from European football's governing body show England have just 1,161 elite coaches compared to Spain's 12,700 and 5,500 from Germany.

Spain and Germany have massively out performed us,

Look at the English sides results in Europe this past couple of weeks.

And how many of those teams' managers are English?

the second wasn't but he patted the ball straight back into the danger area for their first.

Not too sure about the first goal today it came at him very quickly but parrying the ball back into the danger zone has been one of his hallmarks since he's been here. Dodgy keeper to me.

I did my Level 2 coaching badge 20+ yrs ago, I can remember Gordon Strachan being on it but I don't remember there being any badgers. The fight against TB and culling may be driving our best candidates abroad

I Laughed out loud reading that.

So you obviously Gerry Francis wasn't on the course then.

Neither was Yellow a card.....the first one the guy knocked it wide off him then ran into Lockwoods back...played for a got but never a foul

I know we're all a bit biased on here but come on mate, get real. Lockwood's 1st booking was a massive foul, yellow card all day long. The 2nd yellow may have been a little harsh but, that said, it was a silly challenge to make having already been booked.

I know we're all a bit biased on here but come on mate, get real. Lockwood's 1st booking was a massive foul, yellow card all day long. The 2nd yellow may have been a little harsh but, that said, it was a silly challenge to make having already been booked.

Lockwood knew he was off as soon as he made that second challenge - his reaction said it all.

I'm not ashamed to say that I had a fiver on Barnsley. Sorry but with the injuries, the worse keeper since Dean Brill in the net and lack of goal threat it looked like easy money. I was surprised how poor Barnsley were though, no way did they deserve to win 3-1. The 2nd was the flukiest goal I've seen in a long time.

Hold on , i would have Dean Brill back any day .

This Guy is just a 6'4" drip filling in between the posts.

Sorry i retired now if he is football league standard !!!!

The Glossop manager who is UEFA "A" qualified?

Means nothing, get the qualification, tear up the manual and think for yourself is the way it should be otherwise they are all reading from the same hymn book of chess football.

I think the current situation - if nothing else - proves that Johnson's claim that he's leaving us better than he found us is a load of :censored:e.

We were in freefall in this league when he arrived, we're in freefall in this league now.

The timing of his departure makes a case that he's not even just left us, he abandoned us.

If there is a significant reason why he went, I'm certain of one thing - he's PR savvy enough to have leaked it.

But he hasn't.

So we stumble on, in woeful shape.

It's painful. Those who turn up week in and week out deserve better.

I thought Johnson was that shot at something better - but he wasn't.

It'll be more bad times than good in the years ahead - but to hell with it, Latics is the team/club I support and nothing will ever change that.

I just look forward to feeling a bit better about it.