Full Time: Oldham Athletic 1 Barnsley 3

I had Barnsley on my coupon today. I love my team and hope we win every game.

If we win and I lose on my coupon hey we won! happy days!

If we lose I'm pissed off but might win some money to help with the pain.

In this instance...nothing because Wolves couldn't beat thefudge packers! Woud have been £253 the bastards

Share your pain, I had Barnsley on my acca, but to no avail Bristol City did me for £280.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just seen the goals again, Keane was poor on the first

The ball should never have reached their striker in the first place.

and especially the last! How you can leave a ball that's a foot in front of your face is criminal. We can do much better.

Truly :censored:. But Kusunga showed some promise in trying to keep it out!

Comical goals to concede. But a completely destroyed defence with all the players missing.

And now Lockwood goes too. For me its a 2nd yellow looking at the vid. He knows where the guy is and deliberately puts his shoulder into it. Very stupid seeing as he was on a yellow already.

Barnsley were on the wind-up all game - cupping of the ear by the number 8 after the second goal whilst on a tour of the chaddy and main stand and pearson going through murphy then faking an injury to try and get him booked.

The reactions at the end whilst going off were the same - admittedly they were getting plenty from the msp but they shouldnt be reacting to it.

It had a feel of 'unfinished business' on their part but i don't recall previous problems.

Means nothing, get the qualification, tear up the manual and think for yourself is the way it should be otherwise they are all reading from the same hymn book of chess football.

Perhaps an attack minded 4-3-3 is the solution with Winchester Kelly and jones across the middle with forte wilkinson and one other as the 3rd forward. We can adapt to a 4-5-1 if we are away from home or need to get men behind the ball.

But either way we have to spend time Monday morning on defending set pieces. I don't care who you are you can't defend balls into the box like we did yesterday and expect anything other than defeat.

For those people who say coaching badges manuals courses etc are a waste of time how many of you actually have actually done/read them. Only for me other countries have embraced them and we lag miles behind the rest of the world interms of coaching. Just because they do coaching badges doesn't necessarily mean they all play the same way either or try to play like Barcelona either.

The only manager who we have had in recent years who has done them is Lee Johnson and he left to in his eyes to further his career where as all the others after months of campaigning on here we have got them sacked.

I think the current situation - if nothing else - proves that Johnson's claim that he's leaving us better than he found us is a load of :censored:e.

We were in freefall in this league when he arrived, we're in freefall in this league now.

The timing of his departure makes a case that he's not even just left us, he abandoned us.

If there is a significant reason why he went, I'm certain of one thing - he's PR savvy enough to have leaked it.

But he hasn't.

So we stumble on, in woeful shape.

It's painful. Those who turn up week in and week out deserve better.

I thought Johnson was that shot at something better - but he wasn't.

It'll be more bad times than good in the years ahead - but to hell with it, Latics is the team/club I support and nothing will ever change that.

I just look forward to feeling a bit better about it.

And when we joined, to help us avoid relegation we had Smith, Baxter and Tarky....! He quickly got in K Smith too!

I think LJ would have known how thin the squad was - we got lucky with injuries at the start of the season, and to be fair we capitalised a little bit, only to shaft ourselves with results against the bottom teams.

Now we are threadbare, have some big teams to visit BP, and away games at lesser teams fighting for survival.

Wilkinson and Winchester might miss a game or two with internationals? And Forte is unlikely to get through every Sat-Tue without being rested or potentially aggravating his knee. Wilkinson is still injury prone having only just returned also.

We are in trouble, but at least most of the aggression and criticism was towards LJ yesterday rather than the players.

We just need this team to maintain the belief enough just to nick a win, and quickly! Defeat on Tue, and things are spiralling very quickly.

Kean is :censored:e, I'm afraid. The first goal was school-boy stuff. Rabchubka is better and always was, however it wasn't just Johnson who didn't rate him - I recall a few laying into him on here, especially after Sheffield United away.

Not sure why people don't think Barnsly will go up, You don't have to be particularly good in this division to do well, you just need to know how to win games - and they've won the last five..

It was a spirited effort by us. Connor Brown was good as was Winchester and Woodland for the most part. I'm slightly concerned about Murphy. Endeavour's definitely there, but I've yet to see him do anything of any note.

It could be a close run thing us staying up. Crewe's looking like a bit of a six-pointer..

I know we're all a bit biased on here but come on mate, get real. Lockwood's 1st booking was a massive foul, yellow card all day long. The 2nd yellow may have been a little harsh but, that said, it was a silly challenge to make having already been booked.

nah i really don't agree.. there fella knocked it well wide and never had a hope of getting it... Lockwood turned to go with the ball and the Barnsley player ran flush into his back

The 2nd one was similar and you could see the red coming as soon as it happend.

Kean is :censored:e, I'm afraid. The first goal was school-boy stuff. Rabchubka is better and always was, however it wasn't just Johnson who didn't rate him - I recall a few laying into him on here, especially after Sheffield United away.

Not sure why people don't think Barnsly will go up, You don't have to be particularly good in this division to do well, you just need to know how to win games - and they've won the last five..

It was a spirited effort by us. Connor Brown was good as was Winchester and Woodland for the most part. I'm slightly concerned about Murphy. Endeavour's definitely there, but I've yet to see him do anything of any note.

It could be a close run thing us staying up. Crewe's looking like a bit of a six-pointer..

Amazing how things have changed. Johnsons biggest f*** up while he was here was messing about with the Keepers. Untill Crawley at home we were going along nicely he brings Kenny in we beat 'Dale and since then have been hit and miss. Rachubka's confidence had gone by the time he left but after a promising start Kean is now starting to come in for heavy criticism....I don't think he's a major improvement althou he is capable of making some good stops. To much tinkering has cost us this season and probably some nonsense behind the scenes. Cant see us getting anything Tuesday night - but a result against Crewe is a must....

I do wonder what the attendance will be Tuesday I think most people think it's a nailed on defeat

A message to our defenders: DEAL WITH IT.

Too many wishy washy things at the back.

Ditto the 'keeper - the television coverage doesn't do the ineptitude of the first goal justice.

He could have caught it or he could even have hoofed it if he didn't fancy doing that. Instead he sort of wrist-punched it straight down to their player...then there's the third goal.

Ditto the 'keeper - the television coverage doesn't do the ineptitude of the first goal justice.

He could have caught it or he could even have hoofed it if he didn't fancy doing that. Instead he sort of wrist-punched it straight down to their player...then there's the third goal.

I don't disagree but, if defenders had attacked the ball coming into the box, Kean wouldn't have had to deal with it at all. There's no way that ball should have been allowed to get through to the keeper.

I'm more than slightly concerned about Rhys Murphy? I haven't seen anything which makes me think he was worth a fee and a 2 and a half year contract. I'm sure the Poison Dwarf did his 'due diligence' on him though.

I don't disagree but, if defenders had attacked the ball coming into the box, Kean wouldn't have had to deal with it at all. There's no way that ball should have been allowed to get through to the keeper.

Yep, they didn't cover themselves in glory either..

I'm more than slightly concerned about Rhys Murphy? I haven't seen anything which makes me think he was worth a fee and a 2 and a half year contract. I'm sure the Poison Dwarf did his 'due diligence' on him though.

I'm intrigued about his medical given that he was in a pub in East London when he agreed the deal.

Turner, Murphy and Poleon are a long way off dominating opposition defences. While I'm not prepared to say they're awful signings the next manager has a hell of a lot of work to do to turn them into a persistent goal threat.

The defence should have dealt with it before the shot came. He's blocked an effort he didn't expect at point blank range.

The defence then fails to react.

then there's the third goal.

That was just :censored:.

The defence should have dealt with it before the shot came. He's blocked an effort he didn't expect at point blank range.

The defence then fails to react.

Yep, the defence should have dealt with the ball in.

From behind the goal yesterday, it didn't look as if anyone touched the ball in before it came to Kean, so he effectively padded a cross away. I think he should have dealt with it - even if he'd just booted it out of play like a defender would. It's generally in keeping with the way he's dealt with crosses since he's been here.

I think the defence probably expected him to deal with it more comfortably, which is why they didn't react to the second ball.

Edited by JoeP

That first goal came from a cross that Barnsley had tried twice before. Low and hard right at the centre of our defence.

When they scored LJ and one of his inbred minions turned to each and exchanged a celebration that said. I told you it would work.

Edited by palmer1

Thing with murphy is, he should have scored yestraday when 1 on 1 and he came close with his header, he also missed a few chances against Swindon a few weeks back. Even though he should have scored a few of these, I like the fact he has been intelligent enough with his runs to be able to create these chances. So I think we should stick with him and he will come good.

Also remember he has been injured a lot in the past and could take a few games maybe even a pre season before he is fully ready.