2,445 attendance and yet another home defeat...

Granted they have the money to make a quick decision, my point is we have had around 5 weeks to get something sorted. Surely all the applicants we have recieved didnt want a wage that was out of our reach ?

This is true, but would we be happy with them?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From a noisily supported play off team beating other play off teams, but still could not beat relegatioin teams and took 4 pts from 21, with a strong squad. To a manager selling relegation threatened team with rochdale esque crowds relying on kids from bolton to make up the numbers. In a matter of months?????

Yeah its :censored:in mega.

:censored: off corney.

Isn't that proving the point. How can that be Corney's fault? They are the same squad of players by and large.. Except its not the same team out on the park There are two reasons; Johnson and injuries.

I think Sadler was just trying to look busy . Didn't support attacks on the left , poor touch and distribution . Bang average left back . I would much rather have truelove in there .

Woodland didn't make angles to receive the ball and preferred to shy away from it. forgot he was playing at times . Can understand it's tough for a kid to be thrown into a free falling team but I can never understand a footballer shying away from the getting on the ball , especially a midfielder .

Wilkinson looked like a slapped arse when he came off .

This season is soul destroying. Going out of blind loyalty now .

I thought the same with Sadler - expected much more guile and impact from an experienced player. He seems to be going through the motions. I think at this point we go with a couple of our youngsters rather than a constant stream of loans. It might work and suddenly we have another asset or two. Turner always looks lively when he comes on and finished well last night. Woodland looks OK but maybe some of our own young players would do just as well given half a chance.

Isn't that proving the point. How can that be Corney's fault? They are the same squad of players by and large.. Except its not the same team out on the park There are two reasons; Johnson and injuries.

A third one - a lack of respect for Holden, the fans and themselves...

Horrible to watch the highlights back. Not just how empty BP looked - were the Athleticos in attendace? - but the understated celebrations from the MK players. They knew full well that was going to be a roll over. Makes you feel a bit embarrassed.

Edited by NewBlue

How is anyone still backing Simon Corney after this season.....??

Stand Delays? How much is the delay going to cost us for next season FFP

£2.5m over spend on the new stand. Original budget was £4m his bbc radio interview said we are now at £6.5m

Ched Evans - Bad whichever side of the fence you are on

Lee Johnson going at the crucial stage of the season

Ended our playoff homes

"The BEST group of applications we have ever received" and hires Dean Holden

Failed to back DH in good quality loan signings - Kid with no experience when we are in touching distance of the playoffs

2445 Says everything about what the fans think

I say it again HE IS KILLING THE CLUB

£2.5m over spend on the new stand. Original budget was £4m his bbc radio interview said we are now at £6.5m

Ended our playoff homes

Failed to back DH in good quality loan signings - Kid with no experience when we are in touching distance of the playoffs

Most construction projects suffer delays, especially when cash is tight. A lot also go over budget, you can hardly blame corney for that, be thankful there's something going up. Little :censored: leaving ruined the season, Blame him.

Ended our playoff homes

But "he saved us!"

No-one buys football clubs any more

OMFG - Stockport!!!!11!!

It's common for construction projects to become delayed, whether it be the weather or other circumstances. Look at FC United's new stadium, it was supposed to be ready in October and it still isn't ready now and won't be until the start of the new season. Admittedly the delay could be cash flow and financial, but then again, it might not be, something we'll never know.

But it hasn't left us in any debt.

Ok, so this was a bad week or two for the club. It diminished our image, however, on the flip side, it's yet another example of Simon Corney coming out and actively trying to back his manager the best he can. I'm not saying he's without blame for this though.

Corney couldn't have really prevented this from happening. Alright, he could have said no to Barnsley but the biggest liklehood is that Johnson had a release clause in his contract so Corney had basically no say in the matter from that point. Why would you want a manager who wasn't 100% committed to the cause anyway? If he's wasting our time making "100 day plans" and handing his CV out around the Football League then why would Simon Corney want to employ him any longer?

Ended our playoff homes

Realistically, our play-off hopes have been over a while. Arguably since December for me, the squad had proved long ago that they weren't strong enough to see out a season at the top and the attitude hasn't been there since. However, again you can't fault Corney for trying in this department until the last few weeks. He backed his manager in January, kept hold of all the players and his manager did one soon after. Him giving up on this season has been clear since Johnson left, however, I think many fans feel the same about it. There are several teams stronger than us and our inability to beat the teams at the bottom, both under Johnson and Holden has proved fatal to our season.

It's obvious that this is a short-term appointment, the reasoning behind it is most probably to have a better look at candidates and not rush into hiring a manager that he doesn't want in an ideal world. Alright, we may see it as a sign that he's given up on the season, but then again, is it a sign that he's looking to push us further next season, or the season after by waiting to get the right man in for the job.

But he has backed him by allowing him to make loan signings. Previously we were close to our FFP limit and this can't have changed significantly over the past two or three months. I don't know who you were expecting to be signed.

It's not unusual for MK Dons on a Tuesday night to produce a very low attendance.

Is he really? I wouldn't say so.

Just some general comments, not a happy clapper but just trying to keep optimistic in regards to the future, particularly next season.

Just some general comments, not a happy clapper but just trying to keep optimistic in regards to the future, particularly next season.

He is killing the club. Not his fault he hasn't got the funds to make it work, but it's not ours either answer shouldn't have to settle for this :censored:.

Playoff hopes over since December? We were 5th in February...

December proved that we weren't strong enough. A small resurgence in February i'll admit but it was never going to last.

Like I've said, our inability to beat the teams at the bottom has killed us this season. Under both managers.

December proved that we weren't strong enough. A small resurgence in February i'll admit but it was never going to last.

Like I've said, our inability to beat the teams at the bottom has killed us this season. Under both managers.

Or you could look at it as play-offs looked to be over in December yet we came back strong enough to regain our place in the top 6...

Very sensible post, if I may say so. The trouble with find someone to blame types is that they just target one person, and aim every argument (however valid) around that person. Edited by singe

Ah, you are one if those that believes he really didn't want to go, and the Board o ly had to say no. He didn't even have the balls to be honest, he tried to blame everyone else. Again.

Is there more than 'one of those left' ? I thought everyone now knew that Johnson was just a media savvy bull :censored:ter!

My dad always taught me to treat people well on the way up as you well may need them on the way back down

He's 'killing the club' as you put it... is he, though, really?

Without him, there'd be no club.

I've always been one of SC's biggest fans but even he admits someone else could do it. At the end of the day what money does he actually put into the club? He tells us all its self sufficient