2,445 attendance and yet another home defeat...

I admire your blind optimism...

Unfortunately we are up :censored: creek without a paddle and at our lowest eb...we need a leader to give us hope to get out of this mess... We have no leaders at the club giving fans any reason to remain optimistic...just a chairman who would rather be in NYC.

As the first line shoes, its cot blind, and not optimistic. There is often a club that freefalls into relegation, it's increasingly looking like it could be us.

But there are reasons, and a few positives.

But you are right about leaders. Although for all we know, Simon Corney may have to be NYC rather than want to be.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We are quickly reaching the point where we are looking at the remaining fixtures and scratching our heads trying to see any games where we are certain to gain 3 points. The form has gone out of the window with Johnson's departure, a crippling injury list and the shambolic management by the board. I despair when you think that Sunderland pulled the plug on Poyet on Monday and installed the new guy within 24 hours. They realise they are in the brown stuff and acted to try and stop the freefall towards the championship. Corney and co must have known for the best part of Five weeks that Johnson could well be on his way and yet all we get is a delayed installation of Holden. If they thought Dean was the man for the job like they say he is then why was he not instantly put in charge ? People on the board should have skills to help guide the club but from what I can see Owen has nothing in his locker other than a unique talent of annoying the fanbase. It really is time that the board come clean and let us know exactly what the plan is for us. If we are getting a new name in the summer and its a done deal then at least let us know. We dont expect the target to be named but at the moment it feels like we are all aboard the Titanic and heading full steam towards the bloody iceberg !!

Sunderland, thanks to Prem money are paying Advocate £1.3m per year equivalent and £1/2m bonus if they stay up. We can only dream of such clout, even relatively.

I admire your blind optimism...

Unfortunately we are up :censored: creek without a paddle and at our lowest eb...we need a leader to give us hope to get out of this mess... We have no leaders at the club giving fans any reason to remain optimistic...just a chairman who would rather be in NYC.

How dare he want to be with his wife and kids whilst running his businesses to earn the money to put into Latics. If he was based here all the time I think we'd be in even more trouble!

How dare he want to be with his wife and kids whilst running his businesses to earn the money to put into Latics. If he was based here all the time I think we'd be in even more trouble!

You miss my point...our team has no leaders, our manager isn't a leader, our board has no leaders and our chairman is hardly ever around hence can't be a leader

At times like this you need someone to make decisions and take charge...at the minute it just feels like we are rolling over to mediocrity at best..,

Reality is less and less fans will turn up/pay/be inspired to be part of it

How long is it before we start turning on the board of directors and really demanding a change?

It would be 'really' interesting to see how that would work and how many 'we' would turn up.

There was very little sign of a revolt last night. The 2400 faithful against MKD was circa 1500 less than our best home support of the season, discounting the miserly circa 5,000 for the £5 loss leader against Colchester. This following a decent start to the season and being consistently in/in touch with the top 6. Last night was indicative of our support in general.

It doesn't need a group of activists to inform the owners that their efforts aren't good enough - the footballing public of Oldham have already done that for you.

Your one-liner suggests that you would not be the leader of the 'we' group - you don't make a single realistic or otherwise demand on an agenda for change.

You could start by suggesting why on earth 'anyone' would want to invest millions in Oldham Athletic.

No chance bank holiday Monday and our southern lot will be up for this will be our usual 250. In recent years our lowest has been Hartlepool wasn't it 96 but going back I was told we only took 8 to West Ham one year.

Weren't there fewer than 96 at Notts County on a Tuesday a few years back?

Sunderland, thanks to Prem money are paying Advocate £1.3m per year equivalent and £1/2m bonus if they stay up. We can only dream of such clout, even relatively.

Granted they have the money to make a quick decision, my point is we have had around 5 weeks to get something sorted. Surely all the applicants we have recieved didnt want a wage that was out of our reach ?

I think Sadler was just trying to look busy . Didn't support attacks on the left , poor touch and distribution . Bang average left back . I would much rather have truelove in there .

Woodland didn't make angles to receive the ball and preferred to shy away from it. forgot he was playing at times . Can understand it's tough for a kid to be thrown into a free falling team but I can never understand a footballer shying away from the getting on the ball , especially a midfielder .

Wilkinson looked like a slapped arse when he came off .

This season is soul destroying. Going out of blind loyalty now .

It's bad, but I'm not sure it's as bad as some are making out.

I think it really is bad to be honest. The timing of Johnsons departure was terrible and now this massive injury pileup has made things look dodgy indeed. It has got to the stage where you are struggling to see where the points are going to come from. We seem incapable of scoring more than a single goal and we are leaking goals like no tomorrow. Feel sorry for Holden because he does not have many options to try and find some form.

It's bad, but I'm not sure it's as bad as some are making out.

From a noisily supported play off team beating other play off teams, with a strong squad. To a manager selling relegation threatened team with rochdale esque crowds relying on kids from bolton to make up the numbers. In a matter of months?????

Yeah its :censored:in mega.

:censored: off corney.

I think it really is bad to be honest. The timing of Johnsons departure was terrible and now this massive injury pileup has made things look dodgy indeed. It has got to the stage where you are struggling to see where the points are going to come from. We seem incapable of scoring more than a single goal and we are leaking goals like no tomorrow. Feel sorry for Holden because he does not have many options to try and find some form.

He has options to start with an attacking team, but is too worried about protecting the back four.

I say let them look after themselves and have a go at the opposition instead. The fear factor is not what you want to convey to players.

He has options to start with an attacking team, but is too worried about protecting the back four.

I say let them look after themselves and have a go at the opposition instead. The fear factor is not what you want to convey to players.

I think it's a natural instinct to try and tighten up the defence. Leaking goals like crazy doesn't give you the urge to go all out attack. However I have never been impressed with one up front formation.

If people think things are bad now, just recall 2 1/2 years ago

And also our lowest gate in recent times was also against MK Dons

Mon 10 Oct 2011 MILTON KEYNES DONS H League W 2-1 Kuqi 43; Adeyemi 56 2,408

Sat 24 Nov 2012

SHREWSBURY TOWN H League W 1-0 Grounds 13 3,886

Sat 01 Dec 2012

DONCASTER ROVERS H F.A. Cup W 3-1 Wabara 45+1; Derbyshire 70, 77 2,783

Sat 15 Dec 2012

SWINDON TOWN H League L 0-2 3,345

Wed 26 Dec 2012

DONCASTER ROVERS H League L 1-2 M'Changama 27 4,252

Sat 29 Dec 2012

CREWE ALEXANDRA H League L 1-2 Taylor 82 3,451

Edited by singe

From a noisily supported play off team beating other play off teams, with a strong squad. To a manager selling relegation threatened team with rochdale esque crowds relying on kids from bolton to make up the numbers. In a matter of months?????

Yeah its :censored:in mega.

:censored: off corney.

Tut, busted.