2,445 attendance and yet another home defeat...

Corneys been trying to sell the club for years, he's stuck until someone decent turns up with a solid offer and a plan, he doesent want to see the club fall into the hands of another Moore and I respect him for that. Once the stand is up we may get a few more suitors, it is of paramount importance that we stay up this season we should have survived comfortablely but the board have shown a defeatist attitude towards the club by not replacing LJ, now Deano is stuck in a relegation dogfight with no players he has no managerial experience, we are in a rut, the attitude shown by the board has transmitted to the players on the pitch, I really do fear now. I think we will just about scrape survival this year but SC has played a dangerous game and I really do hope it doesent come and bite us, we will lose potential manager/investor interest our budgets will be slashed massively and our fan base will be broken it's already started to detiorate looking at tonight's attendance.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i rec this could be the lowest eb in the 20 odd years ive supported us which is odd as we have been in worse positions with worse teams......however as this post says the attendance shows we are slowly dying. as i post there's not much on the horizon for the next 3 months to make me or i presume other to want to go and watch a game.

corney has done well to keep us afloat and in this league but im starting to think the only way out is a change at the top. new blood, new ideas, hopefully new manager and then that can transpire through to the fans who will show up in bigger numbers. if more of us dont show up its inevitable we will go down as budgets will slowly decrease until we drop.

they've said they will stick with holden so got to back him but he needs a fully fit squad or i cant honestly see us picking up more than 6 points which may not be enough

In a season where nobody seemed to want the last 2 playoff spots , we were in pole position .

The fans starved of any notion of promotion are desperately disappointed at the miserable failure to still at least be a contender .

Very difficult to recover from this , the mistake was to give loyal fans some hope .....and then fail miserably to deliver.

Who can take any positives out of what we had to endure tonight? Absolute :censored:e, MK Mongs never got out of 2nd gear. Looking like the squad will be the same for another 2 weeks at least, enough time to drop us right in it. Not appointing a man who could get the fans behind the team, (take note of tonight's attendance if you thought Holden was a great appointment) even in the short term, speaks volumes. Take note Mr Corney, you still have time to get a man in, do the right thing stop fookin about before it's too late.

Who can take any positives out of what we had to endure tonight? Absolute :censored:e, MK Mongs never got out of 2nd gear. Looking like the squad will be the same for another 2 weeks at least, enough time to drop us right in it. Not appointing a man who could get the fans behind the team, (take note of tonight's attendance if you thought Holden was a great appointment) even in the short term, speaks volumes. Take note Mr Corney, you still have time to get a man in, do the right thing stop fookin about before it's too late.

I have a positive, it looks like Jake Kean will be out for a while

Firstly, attendance was always going to be low tonight. We are on a bad run of form, its a tuesday night, against a team that should get promoted, crap away attendance, lots of games coming up in a short space of time. A low attendance was always on the cards, it doesnt signify people turning their backs on the club. Onto the manager situation. I think we pissed about too long with it. That being said, I understand the decision to give it holden till the end of the season on the basis that we have someone lined up then (Hopefully).

One thing that has never rang so true on this forum, after the Rochdale game someone posted (cant mind who) that his mate said that result would be the highlight of our season. How right he was, apart from Roy Carroll and Notts County and Swindon first half its been tough to take since.

Edited by deckyd

Kean

Started the game by juggling an easy shot - unsettled him and he didnt (apart from one great save) get any better

B.wilson

I thought had a decent game

Saddler

As wilson - got forward 2nd half and linked with jones & forte

Kusunga

First half erratic second half less erratic

Dieng

Some poor passes (one which led to the first goal) - wont play at crewe - lockwood back.

Jones

Captain and tried to drag the rest with him

Woodland

Too many square passes (touch of thrown in the deep end)

Brown

Pointless selection - all he did was try to stop play down the right but ended up a headless chicken

Forte

Wasted on left first half - used better up top second half

Wilkinson

Frustrated me today - seemed to get fed up closing and chasing and when substituted - shirt off and straight down the tunnel.

Winchester

Tried to get something happening but too many loose passes

Turner

Looked sharp (worth a start up front- not on the wing)

Philly

More positive than he has been

Overall a very poor first half - too many players hiding and no communication.

Selection of brown on right a mistake.

Second half was better - moved the ball with more urgency - went long more - got forte and his pace into the game.

We need more early balls into the box and pile everybody in.

Somebody suggested clarke from blackpool the other day - thats what we need more of now - less sideways stuff and more quick early passes.

Firstly, attendance was always going to be low tonight. We are on a bad run of form, its a tuesday night, against a team that should get promoted, crap away attendance, lots of games coming up in a short space of time. A low attendance was always on the cards, it doesnt signify people turning their backs on the club. Onto the manager situation. I think we pissed about too long with it. That being said, I understand the decision to give it holden till the end of the season on the basis that we have someone lined up then (Hopefully).

Sorry mate have to disagree. If Johnson was still in charge would the attendance have been anywhere near that low? I very much doubt that, check Twitter out, enough people on it today said they would vote with their feet due to the lack of ambition from the club. That tonight was a dreadful attendance, we took more to Rochdale that could be arsed to watch that tonight. If we lose Saturday, Dale might bring more than we have at home, ironic after what we usually sing- we have more fans than you to them.

Kean's knee injury seemed to come about from Kusunga sliding into him studs first in clearing the danger.

Which Kusunga wouldn't have had to do if Kean had sorted his :censored: out in the first place. I wanted so badly for him to shake it off and man up. He didn't. He ended up pretending to've taken a hit to the face and limped off into obscurity.

I half think we won't see him again, a la Paddy Kenny.

Brian Wilson should have come off, brown moved to right back.

Wilkinson had no support.

Winchester is too deep.

Kean is crap

Forte and jones tried.

Dieng was abysmal

Turner took his goal well and should be given a start.

First half was too easy for them, passing around like a training game. Their keeper made better passes than our whole team.

Regardless of how we played, we just simply have too many injuries.

We are quickly reaching the point where we are looking at the remaining fixtures and scratching our heads trying to see any games where we are certain to gain 3 points. The form has gone out of the window with Johnson's departure, a crippling injury list and the shambolic management by the board. I despair when you think that Sunderland pulled the plug on Poyet on Monday and installed the new guy within 24 hours. They realise they are in the brown stuff and acted to try and stop the freefall towards the championship. Corney and co must have known for the best part of Five weeks that Johnson could well be on his way and yet all we get is a delayed installation of Holden. If they thought Dean was the man for the job like they say he is then why was he not instantly put in charge ? People on the board should have skills to help guide the club but from what I can see Owen has nothing in his locker other than a unique talent of annoying the fanbase. It really is time that the board come clean and let us know exactly what the plan is for us. If we are getting a new name in the summer and its a done deal then at least let us know. We dont expect the target to be named but at the moment it feels like we are all aboard the Titanic and heading full steam towards the bloody iceberg !!

Edited by drphibes

Sorry mate have to disagree. If Johnson was still in charge would the attendance have been anywhere near that low? I very much doubt that, check Twitter out, enough people on it today said they would vote with their feet due to the lack of ambition from the club. That tonight was a dreadful attendance, we took more to Rochdale that could be arsed to watch that tonight. If we lose Saturday, Dale might bring more than we have at home, ironic after what we usually sing- we have more fans than you to them.

If Johnson was still in charge, we might have lost every game after orient, who knows. Twitter is worse than here for over reactions. Rochdale and tonights game were two completely different games.

Brian Wilson should have come off, brown moved to right back.

Wilkinson had no support.

Winchester is too deep.

Kean is crap

Forte and jones tried.

Dieng was abysmal

Turner took his goal well and should be given a start.

First half was too easy for them, passing around like a training game. Their keeper made better passes than our whole team.

Regardless of how we played, we just simply have too many injuries

its not the injuries, the whole team just don't give a toss under holden,wilkinson throwing his shirt at the bench summed it up to me,cheap appointment and a insult to the season ticket holders who have paid up front for this shambles

omg no......please tell me he can at least catch it. whoever scouted kean needs some serious words

Not there but if people have doubts about Coleman throw the othe young keeper in Tyson. Reacts quicker a lot taller can distribute a ball alot better.

The only time I have felt lower at BP than tonight was a home defeat against Brentford under Penny where our fans were literally swinging punches at each other in frustration.

I didn't want to go....but did so out of blind loyalty to a club that I know needs my support now more than ever (however little they deserve it!!)

What concerns me most from a playing perspective is the breakdown of our basic structures and disciplines defensively that are just killing us.

We refuse to track runners into the channels, as our centre halves (who are already to wide!) pass them onto full backs who just aren't there. The third against Preston and second tonight were just shambolically bad defending, from a team who have given up on the basics of shape and structure.

Our full backs just don't seem to know whether they should be sitting or pushing on.....and when they do go, nobody drops in from midfield to allow one of the centre halves to close down the space. We are just wide open to simple, straight balls that expose us horribly.

Jake Kean is just not good enough. I have sympathy as he is clearly bereft of confidence - and his defence have no confidence in him either. He can neither clear his lines or organise those in front of him. Hence, every backpass is a potential crisis and a cross leads to panic. Coleman is not ready.....but I would start him on Saturday as I feel the body language of the defenders suggested they would start anybody but Kean when he came on.

Going forward, we still have our moments, and do demonstrate quality. One of those players a'la Jones vs Port Vale needs to take responsibility and take an opportunity. We could and should have scored while the game was still live last night.....and ridiculous as it sounds, they minus Ali had huge potential to implode. We just weren't good enough to expose it.

We need to forget about Lee Johnson....and so do the players. Saturday is a massive game for the club, and even a point might stop the rot. We are far from the flowing force of November, but neither should we be the shambles of tonight. The players are professionals and need to remember that responsibility.

Holden isn't upto it - but it is neither his fault or responsibility. TP needs to take control and demonstrate the leadership and values we know he possesses.

The players need to take responsibility for the basics of their performance and show a pride in themselves. They are good enough to win on Saturday....and Crewe are plum average - but somebody needs to step up, and soon!! To blame the world and refuse to defend as either a team or individuals is pathetic....and even with all that has happened - they are better than that!!