Emergency Loans

If there was ever a time for emergency loans, this is it.

We have 2 more spaces that we can fill currently assuming that Kean is out (maximum 5 in a match day squad) so which positions are top priority?

Can we send Kean and Woodland back? Edited by BP1960

What i really can't understand is that knowing the position we are in with our main players out for weeks why on earth have we brought in a lad that has never played league football in his life!!!!

Surely there are lots of experienced players out there looking for a game?

Only bright spot tonight was losing the goalie , how sad is that .

Michael Chopra gone to Alloa, exactly the type of dubious character we are usually interested in...

We need 3 loans, a keeper, a centre half and a central midfielder who can put a tackle in.

Send Kean back if we can.

Edited by deyres42

Chopra has gone to Alloa and is part time, surely he could have offered us an actual goals scoring presence, wouldn't have filled a loan slot either!!!

Chopra is the same as a Lee Hughes or Luke Beckett, been there done it and got the tshirt....

Chopra has gone to Alloa and is part time, surely he could have offered us an actual goals scoring presence, wouldn't have filled a loan slot either!!!

Chopra is the same as a Lee Hughes or Luke Beckett, been there done it and got the tshirt....

Then sold the T shirt to feed his addiction.

Interestingly, there is an articloe on the BBC about this. FIFA, gawd love em, are planning to ban emergency loans, but the FA are trying to extend.

Perhaps if the Fa shared their fortune out a bit more, then they might have a leg to stand on.

We are named as the 3rd highest user in League One, and 6th in the whole of FL with 7.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31857122

They simply cannot abolish the emergency loans AND shorten the leash on FFP. It makes it nearly impossible to field a team for smaller clubs that cannot afford a large squad if injuries hit.

It might be marvellous for youth development.

Edited by opinions4u

Completely agree with this.

However, short term, is our youth set up good enough to keep us in the division? I'm not so sure.

Jacobs looked to have something about him on the performance I saw....the rest have never had a chance!!

We had a perfect game (Barnsley) to throw in a young full back knowing B.Wilson would be back the game after. Instead we pull in sadler, use a loan spot for a player who, well lets face it, hasn't set the world on fire in his career. You can't tell how good a player is without giving them a chance and, considering we scrapped our reserves, how are they supposed to get a chance?

I'm all for it. You'd have things like forwards playing in defence once in a while but for me it all adds to the spectacle, and we've seen enough :censored: players on emergency loan that I'd not be too fussed with our own youths being :censored:, or maybe stepping up.

Last year i read that the lawyer who won the Bosman case was taking UEFA to court over the FFP rules saying they were illegal.

The case was due for hearing in March , anybody know anything about it !!!

Edited by losesome