Season tickets

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard they had set that as a target - have they actually achieved it?

Their Junior Tickets are £99

Reached it today.

Can't knock it. With a big push, affordable prices and a bit of momentum it goes to show you can still attract fans. Not that we could reach that figure but surely we could do a lot better than the sub 3000 of past seasons.

Don't know what effect it's had but their home atmosphere was the best I've seen in this league by any club by quite a distance.

Reached it today.

Can't knock it. With a big push, affordable prices and a bit of momentum it goes to show you can still attract fans. Not that we could reach that figure but surely we could do a lot better than the sub 3000 of past seasons.

Don't know what effect it's had but their home atmosphere was the best I've seen in this league by any club by quite a distance.

Much prefer our Commercial Departments approach of, Lets shaft whose left, its a well thought out approach.

Much prefer our Commercial Departments approach of, Lets shaft whose left, its a well thought out approach.

Bradford appear to have done this successfully for some time. I'm not aware of any other club that have done so and I am sure they will all have looked at it.

There are times when I nearly despair !

What a load of tripe

Go on then I'm all ears, tell me how we are getting it so right, you should take a look at how other clubs marketing stratergies match up to ours, we are years behind.

In about every age range range we are at least as expensive as any other team in this division, there is no vision in the club and with regards to pricing we cant see further than the end of our noses, with the clubs we have on our doorstep its difficult enough but it can be cheaper for a family to go and watch City than it is to watch Oldham.

Bradford appear to have done this successfully for some time. I'm not aware of any other club that have done so and I am sure they will all have looked at it.

On the one hand, they're still in the same league as us.

On the other, wouldn't it be great to watch us as part of a big crowd on a regular basis regardless of whether we were successful or not.

Bradford's giant fruit salad of a ground, make it eminently feasible for them to reduce prices, as they have the spare capacity. We might stretch to half or 5/12's of the price, but 1/3 is pushing it too far as we don't have the home capacity to do so.

The finger cannot be pointed at the current Landlords for that error- or even the Fraudster. However, let's not forget Bradford have spent time in the bottom flight and were actually perilously close to non-league at one point since they left the Premiership.

Gimmicks have never achieved any medium or long term increase in attendances in my 39 years.

Success, fleeting or otherwise, has.

Prolonged lack of success has always produced a drop in crowds.

I'd rather we fund another player or two than fund cheap season tickets.

Or one marquee signing might put a few bums on seats.

In fact it baffles me that we don't sign one quality striker or playmaker who the stayaways will have heard of season in, season out.

The extra attendees would pay for most, if not all, his wage.

And, get this, his goals (or those he makes) might see us flirt with or achieve promotion.

And then we could either get a fee when he left after a year or, if he was ending his career, have the chance of getting a decent manager who just might have developed an affinity for the club.

Edited by HarryBosch

In fact it baffles me that we don't sign one quality striker or playmaker who the stayaways will have heard of season in, season out.

And, get this, his goals (or those he makes) might see us flirt with or achieve promotion.

And then we could either get a fee when he left after a year or, if he was ending his career, have the chance of getting a decent manager who just might have developed an affinity for the club.

Like who?

Bradford's giant fruit salad of a ground, make it eminently feasible for them to reduce prices, as they have the spare capacity. We might stretch to half or 5/12's of the price, but 1/3 is pushing it too far as we don't have the home capacity to do so.

The finger cannot be pointed at the current Landlords for that error- or even the Fraudster. However, let's not forget Bradford have spent time in the bottom flight and were actually perilously close to non-league at one point since they left the Premiership.

We wouldn't get near to being able to sell out BP at £100 a season ticket...

No chance the almost 10,000 home capacity of the ground bears any impact

The stayaways haven't heard of the players who are here at the end of the season let alone players from other clubs who are available to sign. The days of signing players outside of those who play FM, fifa or have a working knowledge of lower league or on the slide players is long gone. I've never heard of Cassidy and I have been a season ticket holder at Latics for over 10 years.

Our loss is Linfield's gain