Season tickets

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

'Category A and A*' matches at Hillsborough next season will not have a cheaper adult ticket than £40.

Even more farcical when you consider no team in the football league scored less home goals than they did last season. 16 in 23 matches.

Bradford sell over 15,000 STs at £149

Bradford is a massive catchment area with no competition, yes leeds is only down the road but they hate each other. If you want football in West Yorkshire Bradford is your pick.

As for people wanting us to try a similar scheme no chance. Season tickets at city are cheaper than ours

Bradford is a massive catchment area with no competition, yes leeds is only down the road but they hate each other. If you want football in West Yorkshire Bradford is your pick.

As for people wanting us to try a similar scheme no chance. Season tickets at city are cheaper than ours

Try or die.

Does the fact City's season tickets are cheaper not tell us Oldham's future cannot be sustainable while that fact remains?

Choice of either stay with the same 3000 regulars and pray for a miracle there will be some success, if not then see the crowd whittle down further until it dies, or give incentives and market yourself better locally.

The key will always be success on the pitch but if there's 20 more years without that then you're looking at Rochdale-sized crowds in a town of 228,000.

The current strategy is clearly wrong as it's not working. Continuing with it will only deepen the decline...

Try or die.

Does the fact City's season tickets are cheaper not tell us Oldham's future cannot be sustainable while that fact remains?

Choice of either stay with the same 3000 regulars and pray for a miracle there will be some success, if not then see the crowd whittle down further until it dies, or give incentives and market yourself better locally.

The key will always be success on the pitch but if there's 20 more years without that then you're looking at Rochdale-sized crowds in a town of 228,000.

The current strategy is clearly wrong as it's not working. Continuing with it will only deepen the decline...

I think that have there been so many other factors in mitigation to definitively state that it is not working.

The danger of cheaper season tickets, is it is the same number of people prepared to pay more that are charged less.

The Premier League money means we could never compete.

You cannot compare Bradford with us, they don't have two of the richest clubs in the world, on the doorstep.

We'd struggle to get the numbers of fans to make it work I believe.

I can only see a few ways out. Sugar daddy, a lucky manager or taking a very very long term view and keep investing in the club where a return is more likely.not available els

The new stand will see, comparative to our income, a significant increase in revenue. Similar investment and of popular facilities not available elshere could see a valuable increase again.

Notwithstanding this is the most Northern League for a long time, with some well supported teams being able to be accomodated.

I think more than a few fans,beleive this could be the best season for some time. The manage will have the final say if that will be realised.

Cheapest adult season ticket at the Emtihad is £299 think thats cheaper than our cheapest.

Yep. £26 cheaper for fewer matches (£15.74 per game at City vs £14.13 at Latics) but it's a tiny percentage of their stadium and impossible to get...

It bugs me that people perpetuate the myth that most of their tickets are cheaper than ours...

What's the next cheapest price??

Yep. £26 cheaper for fewer matches (£15.74 per game at City vs £14.13 at Latics) but it's a tiny percentage of their stadium and impossible to get...

It bugs me that people perpetuate the myth that most of their tickets are cheaper than ours...

What's the next cheapest price??

You're sort of missing the point then.

I doubt many people will mind paying an extra pound to see the likes of Aguero, Silva, Yaya Toure etc.

Relatively speaking that is a lot cheaper value for money than watching a bunch of kids you've never heard of against Colchester United in an empty ground...

You're sort of missing the point then.

I doubt many people will mind paying an extra pound to see the likes of Aguero, Silva, Yaya Toure etc.

Relatively speaking that is a lot cheaper value for money than watching a bunch of kids you've never heard of against Colchester United in an empty ground...

You missed the point about them being impossible to get then.....

Not sure what the next cheapest ticket at City is, but I am pretty sure its much more than ours.

Also they don't have the same level of cheap kids tickets that we do.

Cynically City know there is always a bit of an annual news story about the cost of football that uses the lowest priced tickets to compare clubs. Have a really low ticket that is almost impossible to get and you look great without actually being cheap.

if only we had a billionaire owner who didnt have to depend on how many buy tickets in order to fund the club becasue it doesnt matter. Maybe then we could knock a few quid off?

oh well...

This is it. Drawing any sort of comparison with the likes of City is a nonsense. Season ticket sales underpin Latics's finances more than any other factor - almost everything depends on that source of income. For City, it doesn't cover the wages of the first team squad and is just one of many substantial streams of income.

Just been down to BP, season tickets will be available for collection before the end of next week.

2800+ sold to date, 3 or 4 hundred up on sales at the same stage last year. Could be over 3000 by the season's opener.

Must say the stand is looking fantastic and as has been said it's back looking like a proper stadium once again. The atmosphere is going to be so much better this season!

The atmosphere is going to be so much better this season!

I'm a bit doubtful about the atmosphere this season.

Yes there's an extra stand but it's now an emptier ground, with the Athleticos in the back corner of what will be a very scarcely populated RRE, and no section of fans to bounce off the away fan's atmosphere.

May feel better to be at a 4-sided ground but it won't be any sort of 'fortress' with great volume

Edited by NewBlue

Yes there's an extra stand but it's now an emptier ground, with the Athleticos in the back corner of what will be a very scarcely populated RRE, and no section of fans to bounce off the away fan's atmosphere.

May feel better to be at a 4-sided ground but it won't be any sort of 'fortress' with great volume

boo! we should knock it down already

It's a good job the club made a decision on the Chaddy or it really would have been sparse around the ground

End block next to the away fans will be like the bit next to the away fans in the lookers days. Atmosphere be more than fine next season.

I'm sure us in the Main Stand Paddock Chaddy-side will contribute towards the away fan banter (flicking the v's, telling them they have sexual intercourse with sheep, pretending they're not there when they score the 89th minute winner).