OAP season tickets

My Dad has always been a latics fan but these days only goes a couple of games a season. He is officially an OAP next feb but apparently cant get an OAP season ticket until after his birthday. Personally think thats a bit stupid. As a result he wont be getting a season ticket this time around.

My Dad has always been a latics fan but these days only goes a couple of games a season. He is officially an OAP next feb but apparently cant get an OAP season ticket until after his birthday. Personally think thats a bit stupid. As a result he wont be getting a season ticket this time around.

Doesn't seem that stupid . Nearly every other concession is based on actual birthday

Should the club refuse to sell a junior season ticket at a reduced price because the boy/girl has a birthday during the season that would make them older than the concession age?

Frustrating yes. Stupid mo

Many clubs allow discounted senior season tickets at 60 yo, it's about time there was some uniformity one way or the other.

https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?source=search_app&gws_rd=ssl#q=football+league+senior+season+tickets+aged+60

Edited by BP1960

Doesn't seem that stupid . Nearly every other concession is based on actual birthday

Should the club refuse to sell a junior season ticket at a reduced price because the boy/girl has a birthday during the season that would make them older than the concession age?

Frustrating yes. Stupid mo

Id give the concession to them all if their birthday falls within the season if it means more bums on seats and money in the kitty.

Edited by MaskedOwl

Id give the concession to them all if their birthday falls within the season if it means more seats on bums and money in the kitty.

It might be more bums on seats but it won't be more money. There will be a lot of 64 year olds (well, maybe a few) that will still be paying the full price.

The rules should be the same throughout the full 92 clubs.

I am 60 later in the year (3 October) don't forger my cards, but my Bus Pass and State Pension don't arrive until I am 66 - someone (A Mr Cameron I think) has robbed me of a years pension and free travel to Rochdale & Bury & Wigan away!!

HOWEVER - At Brentford, they only had one turnstile open. I gave the nice man my money and he gave me change. The young whippersnapper thought I was as old as I look. :sign0173:

It's flat cap and OAP this season at away games - sod it!!

I am 60 later in the year (3 October) don't forger my cards, but my Bus Pass and State Pension don't arrive until I am 66 - someone (A Mr Cameron I think) has robbed me of a years pension and free travel to Rochdale & Bury & Wigan away!!

HOWEVER - At Brentford, they only had one turnstile open. I gave the nice man my money and he gave me change. The young whippersnapper thought I was as old as I look. :sign0173:

It's flat cap and OAP this season at away games - sod it!!

Senior Railcard at 60 - worth it if you let the train take the strain.

Whichever group you want to make a case for there are good and bad examples. Old timers are on average minted compared to most age groups, but some aren't well off at all. Personally I think it would be a strange idea moving it to 60 when the retirement age is going the other way as people stubbornly fail to die when they were meant to.

I am 60 later in the year (3 October) don't forger my cards, but my Bus Pass and State Pension don't arrive until I am 66 - someone (A Mr Cameron I think) has robbed me of a years pension

It was either a Mr G Brown or a Mr A Blair actually......

Mr Cameron has put it up to £151 a week from £115 for you from next April.

Whichever group you want to make a case for there are good and bad examples. Old timers are on average minted compared to most age groups, but some aren't well off at all. Personally I think it would be a strange idea moving it to 60 when the retirement age is going the other way as people stubbornly fail to die when they were meant to.

Really?!

It was either a Mr G Brown or a Mr A Blair actually......

Mr Cameron has put it up to £151 a week from £115 for you from next April.

Bollocks to that: I am 59 going on 60 Next April Harry I get jack :censored:. Its not next April it's April in SIX years time until I can put my card in the machine in the Post office and when they say "how much would you like" I can say ALL OF IT!!

Happy days :drinking45:

Bollocks to that: I am 59 going on 60 Next April Harry I get jack :censored:. Its not next April it's April in SIX years time until I can put my card in the machine in the Post office and when they say "how much would you like" I can say ALL OF IT!!

Happy days :drinking45:

Have you had a sex change?

Have you had a sex change?

Strange that but as a popular music band sings "some might say". But no I have not, Still got the "full set" and can be found at K93 in the Chaddy end - on no - The North Stand if you wish to check my credentials!! :lol1:

The club need to sort out their policies on young concessions if anything.

Charging £13 to get a piece of laminated paper to prove you're a student is a rip off. Plus Latics must be one of the only clubs not to offer away fans student prices. If you're 16 or over you're considered an adult, which is scandalous if you support Oldham or not.

Edited by NewBlue

I've always had the thought of if you are 6, 16 or 66 you still take up one seat in the stand, on a bus etc so should pay the same.

Yes, but then the commercial reality kicks in.

If Grandad's pension means he can't afford it, he won't come. Especially if his knees play up in the cold.

If Dad has to pay £66 to go to the game with his two kids, he won't bother either and they'll never become fans. At £32 it's a more palatable entertainment option.