Liam Kelly

Remember his injury last season? We were utterly :censored: without him. Coincided with MK, Yeovil, Crewe, where we scored 1 and conceded 13. Next game he played was Doncaster at home, where we were 2-0 up and played okay, then had Mills sent off and drew.

Timmy Dieng, or whoever else it may be, will need to step up to the plate big time.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But we didn't have David Dunn.

This could actually force DK's hand into us being more adventurous...

It was Dieng that replaced him, and obviously he proved to be pretty inadequate.

We don't have a like-for-like replacement for Kelly on paper, so maybe you're right. Hopefully this pushes Winchester back in the side, but I fear it may just mean more emphasis on Croft doing the runnings, Jones stymied and Philliskirk 'defending from the front' ie. not attacking.

If, and it's a big if, we do go more attacking this could be a blessing in disguise for Saturday (beyond Saturday not so much)

With Kelly in the side we might have been the first team this season to make a Bury game a snorefest....

Now we might go toe to toe with them & their leaky defence and win 4-2....

Edited by HarryBosch

According to DK the plan without Kelly is to play two defensive midfield - DP & TD. Kelly was unexpectedly fit last Saturday so he slotted in where TD was going to be because that was the formation they practiced on the Friday. So the idea that we will play an attacking line up and go toe to toe is wonderful but not in the training manual.

Presumably the club is keeping the injury a secret until we announce our team Saturday!

Edited by Hands on

2 points - If it has been ongoing, why was he not operated on at the end of last season and once again, why has this not been reported on fishal - why is there no communication from the club?

The second point is obvious, no club would reveal decisons of such nature so close to a match. Keep the oppos guessing, or curve ball them.

Oops just seen Hands On comment. Agree.

Edited by singe

According to DK the plan without Kelly is to play two defensive midfield - DP & TD. Kelly was unexpectedly fit last Saturday so he slotted in where TD was going to be because that was the formation they practiced on the Friday. So the idea that we will play an attacking line up and go toe to toe is wonderful but not in the training manual.

Presumably the club is keeping the injury a secret until we announce our team Saturday!

I'm glad Bury is two days away, I'm going to need a couple of days to allow this to sink in.

Remember his injury last season? We were utterly :censored: without him. Coincided with MK, Yeovil, Crewe, where we scored 1 and conceded 13. Next game he played was Doncaster at home, where we were 2-0 up and played okay, then had Mills sent off and drew.

Timmy Dieng, or whoever else it may be, will need to step up to the plate big time.

nothing to do with losing the manager or anything...

I don't know how he feels that he can achieve his 'philosophy' by continuing with the same personnel and tactics.

Obviously there is big emphasis on, and lots of planning went into Cassidy being there. I just don't see us being some free-flowing, super-attacking team with Croft and Philliskirk in important attacking positions. Kelly and Jones have the ability to contribute well from more defensive positions, but I've seen nothing so far that suggests they have been given the license to do that.

The second point is obvious, no club would reveal decisons of such nature so close to a match. Keep the oppos guessing, or curve ball them.

Oops just seen Hands On comment. Agree.

But it's ok for it to be reported in the local paper and on the papers website more than 48 hours before the game!!!

Really gonna keep the 'oppo' guessing...

But it's ok for it to be reported in the local paper and on the papers website more than 48 hours before the game!!!

Really gonna keep the 'oppo' guessing...

You never know, he make a sudden and remarkable recovery.... :wink: Been known to happen before.

Fair enough, I hadn't seen it.

Edited by singe

Don't get why he doesn't just go for it. Preston went on a roll last season playing 4-3-3 with Daniel Johnson as one of the 3 midfielders - how attacking is that??!!

We've 6 points from 4 games. I'd rather win 2 and lose 2. Sod playing a centre half and a striker as our 2 defensive midfielders. Play Jones, Winchester & Dunn in there and let's see if we can end up on the right side of a 4-3