Liam Kelly

Sorry if this has been posted, just catching up after a few really busy days at wok.

Normally, we are softened with articles leading us to expect a departure.

The articlr on Liam Kelly is the opposite of that, and very refreshing to see!

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/skipper-predicts-strong-start-to-the-season-2512803.aspx

Of course, things change quickly, but we wouldn't see that sort of article if his departure was expected IMHO.

Adn then the article in the MEN

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/oldham-athletic-captain-liam-kelly-9567258

Again, not the sort of thing that we would have seen.

It gives a cautious hope for optimism.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Corney in the chron:

Despite reported interest from Barnsley, Corney believes skipper Kelly will remain to boost a squad he believes is already strong: We intend to keep Liam Kelly. He is an integral part of our team, Corney said.

If anything were to happen, as with anyone, it would have to be right for the club and right for the player. But we will do everything we can to keep him here, and I believe he will stay.

After Corney's comments today I think it would take massive offer to tempt him to sell and I'm not sure Baaarnsley would be prepared or even able to meet his valuation.

That may change if bigger clubs come sniffing but I'm pretty confident that he will start the season in a blue shirt. However, If we aren't challenging near the top come January the situation could change.

I cannot see it hapening at all but...

If he was to go the offer must be above and beyond. We must have a replacement lined up of real quality as well.

I also cant think of anyone who could replace him as captain either.

For those reason. Not a chance in hell you sheep shagging inbred leprechaun loving :censored: wits!!!

LJ told SC he had just signed a 5 million pound player when Liam Kelly signed.

I would suspect SC being the person he is quoted LJ when he came sniffing... Plus I believe Barnsley are about as skint as everyone in this league and finding the market value which I believe is 500,000 hard to find.

If he has a blinding start to the season I can see him heading off to the Championship, I would rather sell him to Leeds than him join that pile of :censored: at Oakwell.

If SC comes out and says yeah Liam wants to leave and its only a matter of time before he does the price drops. If they come out and say he is staying he has 2 years left, he is club captain, he is a key player the price goes up.

lets be honest. if they come in with a reasonable offer (in corneys eyes not ours) he will be gone for an undisclosed fee

To be fair, the January window and this one so far, we have kept nearly all our players, and defintitely the ones we wanted to keep.

The new OEC and new stand should strengthen our position even more. I'd imagine a great Christmas i the OEC would really bring some new revenue.

And we are now days away from getting revenue from matches.

Hopefully, those days selling really cheaply are behind us now.

To be fair, the January window and this one so far, we have kept nearly all our players, and defintitely the ones we wanted to keep.

The new OEC and new stand should strengthen our position even more. I'd imagine a great Christmas i the OEC would really bring some new revenue.

And we are now days away from getting revenue from matches.

Hopefully, those days selling really cheaply are behind us now.

I don't believe that we will see much if any of the revenues put back into the football side but there will be a backlash if the sell 'em cheap policy continues.

Plus I believe Barnsley are about as skint as everyone in this league and finding the market value which I believe is 500,000 hard to find.

They had a £400k bid for a Carlisle player rejected yesterday.

I don't believe that we will see much if any of the revenues put back into the football side but there will be a backlash if the sell 'em cheap policy continues.

I agree, I don't thik the money will go directly to the revenue side. And it was said that there will be a year before real returns are seen. But, it will have income going towards offsetting the stadium costs. Which in turn will give an increase in the playing budget.

• 2 weeks later...

Barnsley re-sign Oldham born Ben Pearson and also take another midfielder Joe Rothwell on loan from Man Utd.

Pearson is a holding midfielder and although it's only an Initial one month loan, I'd imagine they'll look to extend them.

Has Johnson been put off by his own valuation of Kelly?

Barnsley re-sign Oldham born Ben Pearson and also take another midfielder Joe Rothwell on loan from Man Utd.

Pearson is a holding midfielder and although it's only an Initial one month loan, I'd imagine they'll look to extend them.

Has Johnson been put off by his own valuation of Kelly?

Fingers crossed

• 1 month later...