MasterChef winner appointed 'Executive chef'

A medley of encrusted beef skirt and finest potato with oozing boeuf jus

Bratwurst in elongated roll with sautéed onions and tomato coulis

Individual portions of thinly sliced Fried potatoes with a choice of seasoning

Atlanta Fizz

Can't wait to his face when Don Corney gives him 5 warbie toasties, two boxes

of fish fingers and asks him to feed the 3,500....

Wonder if we'll all get a set of red tomato and green pepper judging cards?

In all seriousness though good luck Simon looks like we're doing things properly. Exciting times....

Edited by oafcprozac

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to point out Jim, Exec Chef and Head Chef are very different jobs. As others have said he will be in charge of creating and developing, but will rarely cook for the customers.

I am sure it will be for the OEC. Though the fact the catering is coming in house, could be a good sign that he will have more input than normal.

Agree with others. Copy the Delia or Kidderminster model.

Sorry Singe, plenty of info if you google 'Executive Chef' that suggests the role (in general) is heading up the kitchen.

He's confirmed on Twitter that he will be cooking (though to what extent we'll see).

As you say, I'd imagine it would be for the hospitality in the OEC.

Edited by jimsleftfoot

Sorry Singe, plenty of info if you google 'Executive Chef' that suggests the role (in general) is heading up the kitchen.

He's confirmed on Twitter that he will be cooking (though to what extent we'll see).

I imagine if you pay enough he'll come out of the kitchen in greasy whites and have his picture taken with your corporate guest. I don't think he'll be around for the sake of it.

I'll be happy as long as we keep those foot long hotdogs.

Pies and hotdogs were available for tasting at the open evening. Cant remember if they did footlongs but they did do 'big boys' which were basicly fat hot dogs served from a NY style street cart. The pies were new too and were quite decent as far as pies go.

The catering is coming in house and one pot meals like hot pot or curry will be available for purchase in the 1895 suite.

Didnt ask about any of the 'exec' fare but assumed it would be the same but free. Maybe not on the back of this news...

FIGHT!

Jim, I've been in the Catering Industry 33 years, and a manager 30 of those years.

I'll ask him (on Twitter, we're not best buddies or anything!)

I imagine if you pay enough he'll come out of the kitchen in greasy whites and have his picture taken with your corporate guest. I don't think he'll be around for the sake of it.

Well that was a quick response. What a decent bloke.

Simon Wood @SimonJWoodUK 2m2 minutes ago

@kent_latic More development Ill work with the club putting menus together and being present at special events more updates to come though!

Edited by singe

I'll be happy as long as we keep those foot long hotdogs.

The new ones from next season aren't as nice as what we had from what I tasted from the open day. No doubt others will be happy with the changes but I think I'll be having the pies from now on!

Surely somone had a moan about something?

Mind you, he hasn't started yet....!!!

They have on Facebook.....

"We need top players not more back room staff for god sake"

"We need more players not more back room staff the way we are going we will be able to a team of staff out"

"Why?"

It will probably be a step up from an experience I had at Latics some years ago when a waitress put down a steak and kidney pie for our resident veggie. On being told she took it back to the kitchen and obviously just scraped the pie of the plate and just brought it back with some extra spuds.

Well that was a quick response. What a decent bloke.

Simon Wood @SimonJWoodUK 2m2 minutes ago

@kent_latic More development Ill work with the club putting menus together and being present at special events more updates to come though!

He was quick - we sorted that out well between us ;)

Though there is quite a bit of stuff on the interweb that suggests that executive chef and head chef are similar/the same in my defence.

I'm sure I've heard the term 'Development Chef' being used before for his kind of role???

Edited by jimsleftfoot

It will probably be a step up from an experience I had at Latics some years ago when a waitress put down a steak and kidney pie for our resident veggie. On being told she took it back to the kitchen and obviously just scraped the pie of the plate and just brought it back with some extra spuds.

If we'd had more staff capable of thinking on their feet like that all these years we might not still be in this godforsaken league

"We need more players not more back room staff the way we are going we will be able to a team of staff out"

"Why?"

"Why?"

Ha Ha. words fail me!

He was quick - we sorted that out well between us ;)

Though there is quite a bit of stuff on the interweb that suggests that executive chef and head chef are similar/the same in my defence.

I'm sure I've heard the term 'Development Chef' being used before for his kind of role???

Funnily enough Development Chef and Executive Chef are much more similar I'd say!

Judging by his Twitter feed, every bugger has been asking so he has sent links to OEC. Even more reason to thank him for replying.

Edited by singe

The new ones from next season aren't as nice as what we had from what I tasted from the open day. No doubt others will be happy with the changes but I think I'll be having the pies from now on!

Ah, er, you might not be in luck. That was my next question..

singe ‏@kent_latic · 7h7 hours ago

@SimonJWoodUK Cheers Simon. You've certainly created lots of excitement! Guess mostly the OEC so you won't be able to change the pies.?!

Simon Wood ‏@SimonJWoodUK · 7h7 hours ago

@kent_latic Ha ha unlikely .... :)

Funnily enough Development Chef and Executive Chef are much more similar I'd say!

Judging by his Twitter feed, every bugger has been asking so he has sent links to OEC. Even more reason to thank him for replying.

Could he not combine the role with running the clubs Twitter account?

He's always polite and always replies. Imagine that?