Match Day Parking at BP

It would be nice if the club researched and clearly reported where both home and visiting fans can park this year.

How many spaces will be available from day 1?

Once the new stand is finished, how many parking spaces will be available for pay on the day fans?

Will the new car park only be available for box owners?

Where will everyone else park? I think that Westhulme Avenue at the side of B&Q is now closed.

Are the club entering into any agreement to park on B&Q if not they should do.

The local NIMBYs have more or less prevented any local parking. All adds up to a bit of a nightmare.

Going back there were football special buses.. perhaps something similar is needed. A remote car parking area and regular buses to and from the ground.

Edited by Alec1954

Get to the first match With time to spare and work

It out. I have never had an issue parking or finding it and I've never used official parking so loads of options.

No need to waste time for the club to do a load of research for only an average of 4000 fans per match.

Edited by super_blue

It would be nice if the club researched and clearly reported where both home and visiting fans can park this year.

Once the new stand is finished, how many parking spaces will be available for pay on the day fans?

Where will everyone else park? I think that Westhulme Avenue at the side of B&Q is now closed.

The local NIMBYs have more or less prevented any local parking. All adds up to a bit of a nightmare.

Going back there were football special buses.. perhaps something similar is needed. A remote car parking area and regular buses to and from the ground.

Disaster, appalling. Someone ring the authorities. How we haven't been supplied this information i'll never know, time to fold.

The car park was never full so no need for some crazy bus idea.

Plenty of space around BP for parking.

I don't think local residents will be pleased with that comment, it's bad enough with hospital staff parking all day on the surrounding streets.

Edited by BP1960

Its funny how some deride nimbys, yet in the same position would probably become nimbys themselves.

Edited by BP1960

I don't think local residents will be pleased with that comment, it's bad enough with hospital staff parking all day on the surrounding streets.

Probably not, no.

Shame, however, that I meant the hundreds of spaces at B&Q, clayton green, tesco, grey mare, white hart, clayton fields etc...

Also pretty sure that hospital staff dont park in the surrounding streets due to the permit restrictions.

Other than that, great point pal.

Edited by Monty Burns

Yes, damn those people working at the hospital healing people leaving their cars in the spots vacated by the people who have taken their own cars to work.

Yes, damn those people working at the hospital healing people leaving their cars in the spots vacated by the people who have taken their own cars to work.

They blatently park next to residents only signs for full shifts, many are administrative staff. I assume you don't live near the hospital or ground so couldn't care less. They have adequate spaces to park where they work, but prefer to park for free outside residents homes and on drives.

They blatently park next to residents only signs for full shifts, many are administrative staff. I assume you don't live near the hospital or ground so couldn't care less. They have adequate spaces to park where they work, but prefer to park for free outside residents homes and on drives.

I don't live near the hospital. I was irritated when the residents only parking came in on the car park side as I'd been able to street park with no issues on Saturdays for years. No evidence of hoards of hospital staff clogging up the streets. Monday to Friday may be different though. Edited by opinions4u

.....or.......it could be a night shift worker who has also worked all night providing a service, returning home and not being able to park within 200 metres of their home

I don't live near the hospital. I was irritated when the residents only parking came in on the car park side as I'd been able to street park with no issues on Saturdays for years. No evidence of hoards of hospital staff clogging up the streets. Monday to Friday may be different though.

Residents aren't too bothered about football supporters as it only for about 3 hours, but when hospital staff park in front of your front door and on drives for 8 hours and more thats selfish IMO.

Its funny how some deride nimbys, yet in the same position would probably become nimbys themselves.

Depends though doesn't it. Buy a house near a stadium = expect stadium related issues. You know there is the possiblilty of this happening when you move there.

Different if you were there before the stadium of course but I doubt may of the NIMBYs were there before Boundary Park. Or the Hospital for that matter.