• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was such a rare occurance, you obviously remember it well! Good luck with that rationale

Don't know where this myth has come from that Carl can't last 90 mins? He's a professional footballer, of course he can. Maybe in games he gets brought off as change of tactics?

Or maybe it's cause you seem to have some kind of vendetta against him? (Just like palmer1 with brown)

Edited by oldhamoafc

I hadn't heard of Darren when he was pointed but he is our manager and will have my full support for the new season. I will judge him by how we play over the first months of the season and the results we get. His badges and / or alleged lack of management experience are a bit irrelevant in reality. What I do believe is that he is far better for Latice than any re-cycled failure that happens to be on the market at the time we look for a manager.

Cant wait for the season proper to start!!

I don't doubt that he is a class act but am still baffled by the signing.

Surely the reason we have signed him is because he IS a class act!!!

But so are Winchester, Kelly and Jones...oh and possibly Green...

Edited by TheBigDog

Don't know where this myth has come from that Carl can't last 90 mins? He's a professional footballer, of course he can. Maybe in games he gets brought off as change of tactics?

Or maybe it's cause you seem to have some kind of vendetta against him? (Just like palmer1 with brown)

So you casually accuse me of having a vendetta just because I dont rate him as highly as you do! Thats very lazy!

Why dont you count the number of tackles that he makes, the number of headers that he wins or the number of times he tracks back and holds up his man, surely all a requisite of a midfield player, unless he is a luxury player. Add to that the few times he goes outside his man and the very few goals he scores.

By the way I have wound up Palmer1 about Connor Brown but I do agree with his sentiments about Connor being very dodgy defensively! Neither are a vendetta!

It was such a rare occurance, you obviously remember it well! Good luck with that rationale

This vendetta you have against the Irish Socrates is peculiar.

Is it because he's better than your Dearest Daniel?

Edited by NewBlue

So you casually accuse me of having a vendetta just because I dont rate him as highly as you do! Thats very lazy!

Why dont you count the number of tackles that he makes, the number of headers that he wins or the number of times he tracks back and holds up his man, surely all a requisite of a midfield player, unless he is a luxury player. Add to that the few times he goes outside his man and the very few goals he scores.

!

:lol:

Do you even like football? (Episode 36)

Terrific cameo.

Didn't think he'd last 5mins watching him warming up at HT. Obviously needs to shed a few and get match fit but he will be scarily good at this level. The ball stuck to his feet at times.

Hoping he can really help Winchester develop his game by become a little more direct and chipping in with more goals and assists (although his low cross in the second half was as good as I've seen in ages - can't believe neither striker anticipated it).

What a player the man is.

Looked like he would've been one of their better players when he came on. His strength on the ball, vision and skill is a joy to watch.

30 minutes cameos against League 1 opposition might be enough to win us games. Can't wait to see him rip apart defences this season.