• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where, except here, has there been any talk of trouble behind the scenes? I haven't seen any on Matt Chambers and Mike Keegan's twitter accounts? Are they just saying it to people on here off the record? Or has it been said at all by anyone with an inside track?

I get the feeling there is a consistent effort to undermine the manager among some.

Am I the only one who has reservations about this signing, there are numerous reason that this could have a negative effect on our team this season, one of my main gripes is Jones or Winchester are likely to be sacrificed to accomodate him in the team, also it appears from the outside that this signing is one by the board and could of caused some unrest in the board/manager relationship, I hope I'm wrong but it will be interesting to see how it transpires.

Jones will play whenever fit

All I know is that for the first time since Hughes we have signed someone that other people have heard of. I said to a bloke at work "We've signed David Dunn" and he said "He'll do a job for you." That hasn't happened for a long time.

Is it the manager's job though? ?

:censored: it I'm going to sit back and watch the cricket I'm sure it will sort itself out.

It might be an epic wind up on the part of chambers and Keegan if so well played lads.

Good call.

Looking pretty nicely poised. And Warner just gone too.

The signing itself does nowt for me.

I didn't even realise he was still playing until we were linked with him. He was decent in the Prem over a decade ago, but I get the feeling he's a past it crock these days, and if he was still a capable championship player his name would have landed him at a better club.

He might be brilliant in flashes, but I doubt he's got it in him at 35 to be the difference maker to turn the game around when we're struggling to perform.

Dunn is probably the most experienced person at the club and if given the chance will improve our performances. There are opportunities for him here if things do go pear shaped.

Darren Kelly has a team which is now even stronger but still needs the CB but in his defence he has now tried four trialists. Hopefully he has another option up his sleve who like Dunn doesn't need to be tested first. Give him a chance.

There does appear to have been quite a swing in your attitude towards Kelly. I assume he replied to your mail?

Yes he replied and was very interested in my recomendations. I perhaps should have given him time to settle in.

We all can jump to wrong conclusions I suppose.