Nathan Clarke - another option?

Clarke may be in his 30s but Gunning looked to have the body and mobility of a man much older...

He is a leader, and we don't have many of them in the squad.

See him at Bradford though given the proximity to his hometown Halifax and that they've lost their captain and centre back Andrew Davies this summer.

Edited by NewBlue

Love it!

Clarke judged off! 2\3 appearances in a relegated side last season and a loan spell of 3\4 games a few years ago

Gunning judged after 2 friendlies after a long term injury.

Decision made.

Edited by palmer1

Why is an ageing ex-banana rating bastard who's done nothing but captain Orient to relegation since he left the subject of such adulation ?

He also captained them to a play-off final. Depends which way you look at it, I guess.

That could be a long way off I fear.

I have the same worry.

Yes it's only pre-season but he didn't look like a man that would be fit for competitive football in a couple of weeks to defend against Tom Bradshaw, one of the league's best strikers.

I have the same worry.

Yes it's only pre-season but he didn't look like a man that would be fit for competitive football in a couple of weeks to defend against Tom Bradshaw, one of the league's best strikers.

It appears Walsall's pre season form needs some work;

http://www.shropshirestar.com/sport/afc-telford-united/2015/07/21/telford-1-walsall-0-report-and-pictures/

Edited by BP1960