Latics players who have played for England

Barrett played for England vs New Zealand while an Oldham player.

I think...

Jobbo played for England B

Barlow got called up for B squad but didn't play?

Not England but Halle and Pederson were both Norway regulars and played at WC 94 unlike England.

Oldham captain Earl Barrett in his England debut vrs New Zealand in 1992. @OfficialOAFC #oafc #LaticsLegend http://t.co/kRgdPj8KdI

Irwin was capped by Rep Ireland

Milligan got a B cap

Edited by palmer1

Barrett played for England vs New Zealand while an Oldham player.

I think...

Jobbo played for England B

Barlow got called up for B squad but didn't play?

Not England but Halle and Pederson were both Norway regulars and played at WC 94 unlike England.

Oldham captain Earl Barrett in his England debut vrs New Zealand in 1992. @OfficialOAFC #oafc #LaticsLegend http://t.co/kRgdPj8KdI

Irwin was capped by Rep Ireland

Milligan got a B cap

Paul Bernard was capped by Scotland

Neil Eardley by Wales

If they make the euros and he has a good year be nice to see Carl Winchester play at Euro 2016.

We've had a few U21s and B team appearances (I think that there were some of the 'pinch me' players in the B game before Italia 90) in my years but think that Barrett might have been the only one to get a full cap whilst at the club (but it was a rather pointless friendly I think).

As for those that have 'played for both' then Ricketts, Lee and now Dunn are ones that spring to mind with full caps.

If you are looking at U-21s then Ryan, Heaton, Atkinson, Gerrard, Warhurst, among others.

Barrett played for England and had a stinker

So many non Latics fans over the years have explained to me how he was :censored: based on that game. Whereas all I have is sepia tinged memories of being absolutely certain that a forward with a 10 yard head start wasn't going to get a shot away. And there were fields all round.

So many non Latics fans over the years have explained to me how he was :censored: based on that game. Whereas all I have is sepia tinged memories of being absolutely certain that a forward with a 10 yard head start wasn't going to get a shot away. And there were fields all round.

What stopped Barrett becoming a regular international was the introduction of the no back pass rule in 1992. His forte (no pun intended) was getting in front of the striker and passing the ball back safely to the keeper. With the introduction of the rule, Big Ron made Earl to revert back to the full back position where he he wasn't international class. Great player though.

Edited by ghostofcecere