Latest DK interview post Carlisle

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although Gerrard would be a good signing, would people not be mythed at the fact he turned us down.. sought after a different club/better deals but turns up at ours when none have come to fruition?

No, that would seriously bother you?

No, that would seriously bother you?

In the scheme of things, no - considering we have no centre backs. But in general terms a player that holds us as last choice, ye that stinks of "I'm bigger than you" and I don't usually like that in a player.

In the scheme of things, no - considering we have no centre backs. But in general terms a player that holds us as last choice, ye that stinks of "I'm bigger than you" and I don't usually like that in a player.

Clubs do the same thing with players though. Can't blame a guy for holding out for the best deal. I doubt it would impact his performance should he sign.

Well, DK said one was definitely coming in on Monday. We'll see I guess. My money is on Gunning. He's had one of the longest trials without signing in the history of football.

If it was Dunning I'm pretty sure he would have said so.... No need to be secretive about a player who has been here for weeks is there?

As a club we play a waiting game every season.

Player linked with us. Doubtless offered a lower wage than they'd like. Doesn't sign. Tries elsewhere. Fails. Joins us on deadline day.

And will have turned down better offers to sign for us

Can't see us signing Gerrard he's had no pre season and wI'll be in a worse shape than when he came to us

To be fair when I saw and spoke to Holden the other week he made a point about him coming overweight and his fitness before and when heard the club.

Said he was in regulor contact with him.

The players do have to take a portion of the blame for bad performances but it's blatant to see/hear that they are lacking direction/motivation/confidence which is all down to the management team. Strange unexplained decisions are also starting to baffle me. Lack of Cb is the big one surely he must of known he needed one or two so why wasn't it dealt with? Brian Wilson told he can leave and then plays and uses up minutes when we should be settling the back four in! Using playershare money to bring over a lad and then not give him any time in a trial match? I mean we are a month and a half into his reign and he has not done one thing that has given me the slightest inkling that he's cut out for the job. The controversy of getting rid of the manager will be nothing compared to being cut adrift at Christmas! The new stand will be opened and we will have lost half the fans that were willing to go....my opinion is based on facts