Sky Sports Live From Oldham Athletic

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't we all get over this interview analysis, he interviews as well as the average manager, not as good as some but better than others. All this judgement and assumption based on the odd two minute is just a nonsense.

Thank you.

First interview of his I've seen. Seems perfectly articulate to me

Hi Dave, hope you're well? We need to organise that beer again soon.

You can only judge for yourself of course.... my gut reaction is that he lacks that, je ne sais quoi, of someone you instantly warm to because they appear bright and engaging.

I find him bland and uninsightful, lacking that glint in his eye that someone with character seems to posess. The polar opposite to a Royle, Dowie or dare I say it, Lee Johnson.

To be fair however, I was never particularly impressed by listening to Shez, but he turned out to be a decent enough manager.

Edited by lookersstandandy

Can't we all get over this interview analysis, he interviews as well as the average manager, not as good as some but better than others. All this judgement and assumption based on the odd two minute is just a nonsense.

Thank you.

Entirely fair. It means nothing, it's only an opinion. I'll be at Walsall on Saturday cheering on my team and DK. Come on Oldham! Edited by lookersstandandy

You can only judge for yourself of course.... my gut reaction is that he lacks that, je ne sais quoi, of someone you instantly warm to because they appear bright and engaging.

I find him bland and uninsightful, lacking that glint in his eye that someone with character seems to posess. The polar opposite to a Royle, Dowie or dare I say it, Lee Johnson.

To be fair however, I was never particularly impressed by listening to Shez, but he turned out to be a decent enough manager.

Not bad ta Andy; yes we must. Maybe the week after the Fleetwood game as I imagine we'll have seen them by then. I'll drop you a line.

Hope springs and all that

As you say you can only judge for yourself, but he does have a dry sense of humour, for example when asked on Sky Sports today if he would have fined David Dunn £20 for his awful shoes, he replied "No, I'd have fined him a weeks wages". I think as he settles into the job he will open up more.

Edited by BP1960

Am I the only one who couldn't give a toss about how he comes across in his interviews? The only thing that matters is the football and that is what he should be judged on because the last time I checked, you don't get three points for interview technique

I think we're waiting for Kelly to say a performance wasn't good enough and it needs to improve. 3-1 to League 2 Carlisle was a bad performance but he was still positive about it.

Can't have a performance/result like that against Walsall and say the same. I'm sure we will do just fine though.

He's clearly learning on his feet at public speaking and interviews. He was really like a fish out of water at the awards night when he was just appointed. He was unsurprisingly very cautious one on one. I don't think that will be his persona with players.

It will be lovely to just have football to complain about.

Just found the time to watch the video, DK seems alot happier on camera seems to be enjoying himself more lets hope he's that happy in his post match interview next saturday

As a footnote, how great did the chapel road facilities look?!

Have they been given a lick of paint since the feller from Sky was last there, only I don't think he mentioned it?

Met him today, he was indeed very relaxed and affable.

Have you been offered a role at the club, BP?

Very good of him to extend a meeting with you after your suggestions, whatever the case may be.

It's quite striking the difference in approach Johnson and Kelly have shown in their first season in regards to taking advice and support. Kelly seems to have embraced the experience of others whereas Johnson was very egotistical and individualistic.

Have you been offered a role at the club, BP?

Very good of him to extend a meeting with you after your suggestions, whatever the case may be.

It's quite striking the difference in approach Johnson and Kelly have shown in their first season in regards to taking advice and support. Kelly seems to have embraced the experience of others whereas Johnson was very egotistical and individualistic.

I've retired now so won't be working for him officially New Blue, but I did say I'd let him know of any good young prospects I see when not watching the Latics.

He said he appreciated this very much.