Duncan Whatmore Signing

Had it on very good authority this the wonderful loan signing Darren Kelly has been hinting at for a week or so....

The hold up has been over how long the loan will be for plus i believe playershare is being explored at helping towards his wages and also there was interest from another side who have signed someone else.

Fully expect him to be announced today or tomorrow dinnertime at the latest.....

The player himself is keen on the move.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As i live in Oldham i dont get the Sunderland local rag nor have i seen that article, i had a discussion in a pub last night we were talking about Anthony Gerrard (signed apparantly) and the next words were he isnt the only one signing then i was told about Whatmore.....

I then said whose going then my first choice was Philliskirk, nothing more was said.

Whatmore is a player the club have tried to sign numerous times.

Read into that what you will.

Edited by Postman Matt

Why not?

Look at our midfield. Then look at our defence. Then look at our strikers.

Why are we wasting our budget on yet another midfielder when we are absolutely crying out for a CB?

No word on any outgoings. This is one hell of an unbalanced squad.

Look at our midfield. Then look at our defence. Then look at our strikers.

Why are we wasting our budget on yet another midfielder when we are absolutely crying out for a CB?

No word on any outgoings. This is one hell of an unbalanced squad.

Burn, Dieng, the two Wilsons, perhaps Gunning to come.

If Watmore is as good as some say then he will be an upgrade on the current options.

How anybody can complain if we sign Watmore is beyond me, some have really been programmed to accept failure, if it means the likes of Winch, Philly, Murphy and Co have to raise there game to be involved so be it, having 11 players comfortable knowing they will start every week doesnt breed success, this guy will.add real quality to our squad.

Edited by yarddog73

Burn, Dieng, the two Wilsons, perhaps Gunning to come.

If Watmore is as good as some say then he will be an upgrade on the current options.

If we add either Gunning or Gerrard on top of this i'll be more than happy.

My worry is that this signing will prevent us bringing that CB in.....

If we add either Gunning or Gerrard on top of this i'll be more than happy.

My worry is that this signing will prevent us bringing that CB in.....

Dazzler knows he needs wins and/or to make good on his promise of high tempo football, give me a season of losing 3-2 rather than losing 0-1.