Is It Too Much To Ask

To never ever see Brian Wilson play for Oldham Athletic again....

It would be more prudent to pay him up and let him drift down to the conference south because quite frankly i think that level would be too high.

What Connor Brown lacks in ability he makes up for with effort and pace.

The right back position needs addressing quickly and on last night's evidence Burn and Wilson will be a formidible partnership as Gavin Gunning is no where near fit enough or on what i have seen also no where near good enough to be a first choice centre half.

Agree their both average but Brown as the pace to pull himself out of the :censored:e when needed it was embarrassing watching Wilson get turned and turned again last night and then look like he was stuck in the mud trying to back track.....

It wont take much to work out where our weakness is, and it will affect Croft's game going forward.

I know the Brown debate has been done to death but I'm firmly in his corner on this one. Did very well when he came back from loan last season.

The OP is of course deliberately sensationalist, but B Wilson's performance last night was embarrassing.

There has been little or no talk in public about bringing a RB in since we were beaten to the signiture of Ben Purkiss by Port Vale, thats not to say there hasnt been talks behind closed doors, you never know BP1960 could be penning a list of suitable players for DK to look at right now, I just fail to see how he's gone from unwanted here, unwanted at notts county to our first choice right back... I admire the professionalism he's shown to win back his place in the squad but I cant help but feel he is our weak link.

Edited by OAFCM35

The OP is of course deliberately sensationalist, but B Wilson's performance last night was embarrassing.

To be fair to him, Boro targeted him all game, and he was never going to manage against their attack. He had a bad game, but Brown wouldn't have done any better.

Why would Lee Johnson come to watch any player? He worked with these for almost a season as their manager. What does he not know already about them that he'll find out from these matches?

He's either on scouting duty for fixtures, watching a Boro player or just wanted to take in a game back at BP without being abused - he seemed to have a friendly chat with Dickov and Corney.

There has been little or no talk in public about bringing a RB in since we were beaten to the signiture of Ben Purkiss by Port Vale, thats not to say there hasnt been talks behind closed doors, you never know BP1960 could be penning a list of suitable players for DK to look at right now, I just fail to see how he's gone from unwanted here, unwanted at notts county to our first choice right back... I admire the professionalism he's shown to win back his place in the squad but I cant help but feel he is our weak link.

I will put on my non league scouting

hat and have a look to see if there's

another Tony Book knocking about.

Edited by BP1960

Hard to tell if they targeted all of them or none of them. The full backs were in for a rough ride whoever was playing

...this will be the theme for the season for as long as we are playing narrow formations..... I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but 4-4-2 might be worth a go.....!

...this will be the theme for the season for as long as we are playing narrow formations..... I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but 4-4-2 might be worth a go.....!

Well you could have said. I do agree 4-4-2 could be the way to play, but the game has gone all coaching manuals innit.