Team v Bradford

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Turner, Murphy, Poleon, Philliskirk. We have hundreds of the :censored:ers. Forte is a winger, or at a push, a forward when in a pair with a big stump (Jabo, Cass).

Turner has been rank in his few apperances, murphy is way short of game time, poleon's on the naughty step and philliskirk has played well at cm/dm recently.

Turner, Murphy, Poleon, Philliskirk. We have hundreds of the :censored:ers. Forte is a winger, or at a push, a forward when in a pair with a big stump (Jabo, Cass).

None of that list are exactly world-beaters but surely with a bit of service and a lot of running they could do a half decent job up front. Murphy has got something to prove, why not give him a go?

Forte up front on his own at home is just not going to work.

Put him on the wing, a position he absolutely destroyed Bradford from in the same fixture last year, and let him go at the full back.

Our best spell of any game this season came with Forte on the wing at Walsall.

Has anyone else had enough of playing Forte as a lone striker?

This time last year we had a player who was almost unplayable at times on the left wing, I will never get my head round asking your better players to play unfamiliar roles. Play to our strengths and give the opposition something to worry about or even let one or two of the plethora of strikers we have on our books play up front tomorrow .

Me, its not his game to play with his back to goal he needs to be running onto knockdowns/through balls or arriving at the far post.

None of that list are exactly world-beaters but surely with a bit of service and a lot of running they could do a half decent job up front. Murphy has got something to prove, why not give him a go?

Forte up front on his own at home is just not going to work.

Put him on the wing, a position he absolutely destroyed Bradford from in the same fixture last year, and let him go at the full back.

Our best spell of any game this season came with Forte on the wing at Walsall.

Agree with your sentiment, but splitting hairs abit here he played uptop with Jabo in that game we played a midfield diamond behind him, and we ran rings round them in that first 30 minutes.

Forgive me if im wrong but im pretty sure forte's played upfront most of his career.

Not as an isolated striker feeding of scraps, he shows real quality on the left and looks a fraction of the player from last season at the moment. I know he is doing a job and this is no critisism of him but he is wasted as a lone striker.

I agree that he'd be better with a partner up top, the problem is that stan is on international duty and cassidy, well DK still hasn't given a reason as to why cassidy isn't playing.

Cassidy's fractured his leg and done his ankle ligaments. I think we can cut him some slack there.

Agree with your sentiment, but splitting hairs abit here he played uptop with Jabo in that game we played a midfield diamond behind him, and we ran rings round them in that first 30 minutes.

Are you sure? I seem to remember coming away from that game with the thought that he had annihilated their right back. Not that it matters given we haven't got a Jabo type anyway.

Edited by NewBlue

Our packed midfield will get a crick in the neck. Brown will get lots of practice defending long balls to wherever he is. Forte will plough on up front and fail to score. Philly will score the winner running in a measured way from midfield with Dunn providing the pass. Its possible one of these statements will not come true!

Our packed midfield will get a crick in the neck. Brown will get lots of practice defending long balls to wherever he is. Forte will plough on up front and fail to score. Philly will score the winner running in a measured way from midfield with Dunn providing the pass. Its possible one of these statements will not come true!

Rank them in order of probability...

Coleman

O Connell. Wilson. Burn Mills

Croft. Jones. Yeates

Dunn

Poleon. Forte

4-3-1-2

Poleon from the start give him a point to prove pace will be the key here something DK promised when he took charge was attack with pace wich I'm yet to see. Or we could swap yeates for Forte and play Philly/Turner

Edited by Markspark92

Are you sure? I seem to remember coming away from that game with the thought that he had annihilated their right back. Not that it matters given we haven't got a Jabo type anyway.

No definitely a diamond he scored from a ball from the left a knock down from Jabo and a poachers finish.

But playing a midfield diamond with Forte as one of the 2 strikers allows him to drift into that wide left position without treading on anyone's toes so he may well have roasted the full back once or twice.

Coleman

O Connell. Wilson. Burn Mills

Croft. Jones. Yeates

Dunn

Poleon. Forte

4-3-1-2

Poleon from the start give him a point to prove pace will be the key here something DK promised when he took charge was attack with pace wich I'm yet to see. Or we could swap yeates for Forte and play Philly/Turner

No Dieng and 6 attackers, that is so wacky it might just work.