Kelly Leaves Oldham

we hate man,u and city to, on 12 Sept 2015 - 9:35 PM, said:snapback.png

shame how our so called 'fans' (including a large number of atletico's) chanted kelly out. think the writing was already on the wall and it didn't need to be said. I would have give him more time. but unfortunately a fair few of our supporters where never really going to give the guy a chance. The fact that the supporters did that to one of our own, yet applauded the p'boro midget of the pitch is ludicrous. He deserved the applause, but don't do both. Hoping for a experienced manager, but no matter what corney does, i'll trust his decision.

Without this he might still be here. Well done to those who did.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha!

Enough got behind LJ. Not really uninspiring was he? Dickov wasn't a nobody and neither was Shez.

The board took one gamble too many, let's hope they learned their lesson.

I don't remember many immediately supporting the appointment of Johnson, hence there being an immediate meeting with a group of fans followed by similar meet the manager events.

He was helped by getting off to a flying start the day after his appointment against Hartlepool though.

I don't remember many immediately supporting the appointment of Johnson, hence there being an immediate meeting with a group of fans followed by similar meet the manager events.

He was helped by getting off to a flying start the day after his appointment against Hartlepool though.

And he was uninspiring throughout his time at the club?

Yeah ok.

#mancrush

shame how our so called 'fans' (including a large number of atletico's) chanted kelly out. think the writing was already on the wall and it didn't need to be said. I would have give him more time. but unfortunately a fair few of our supporters where never really going to give the guy a chance. The fact that the supporters did that to one of our own, yet applauded the p'boro midget of the pitch is ludicrous. He deserved the applause, but don't do both. Hoping for a experienced manager, but no matter what corney does, i'll trust his decision.

Why?

Is there any chance of not doing a Meet the Manager night with the next bloke? It's just that bad :censored: seems to happen.

I want a manager next who, when asked to do a Meet the Manager night, says "no, what a load of bollocks".

In fact - it should be an interview question and the correct answer a pre-requisite for the job.

I want a manager next who, when asked to do a Meet the Manager night, says "no, what a load of bollocks".

In fact - it should be an interview question and the correct answer a pre-requisite for the job.

Shez did a 'meet the manager' at Plymouth last season didn't he? Granted, it apparently went wrong when he called a supporter a c@nt but, still.

In the end, we appointed the cheapest man with a badge. It didn't feel right at the time.

Cassidy and Kelly being injured didn't help.

The last three home games have been bizarre, with experienced players repeatedly seen not really understanding what the management wanted them to do. Forte losing his head may well have been linked to the way he was being utilised.

I was surprised that James Wilson was made captain over and above Mike Jones. Not in itself a significant thing, but Jones' omission from yesterday's starting eleven was bizarre. I'm not sure Burn deserved dropping and Philliskirk holding? Nah.

The list of heavy defeats listed above understandably points the finger of blame at the players themselves. But dressing room dis-harmony usually comes from piss poor management and this transfers itself to the pitch. Our passing yesterday was just about the worst I've ever seen. If you can't kick a ball ten yards sideways with any degree of accuracy you might as well resort to hold and hoof tactics.

The decision to appoint Kelly was abysmal. Those involved let us down hugely.

The guy was totally out of his depth and players probably knew it. Negative breeds and it only takes a couple of players to not have faith in a manager for it to pass through to the rest. We have seen this the last couple of games, think it speaks volumes that we never got that new manager 'bump' that happens.

So we move onto the next one, personally for me all we need is someone we can relate too. Oldham are a small club supported by loyal passionate people. We don't support Oldham because 'they are the best' we support them because we love this little club and the community feel. To get them back on side we need 'one of own' to galvanise the club and get it rocking again.

From what I was told yesterday, it seems that most of the players liked Kelly as a bloke, and even thought he was a decent training ground coach. But they just didn't rate him as a manager.

His lack of experience was exposed by a few situations where he didn't seem to know what to do or say e.g. The Forte sending off.

Yes we deliberately used the Deloren we have on standby to work out when we should have an event, jump ahead to the future , work out when the manager leaves a few days later and we arrange another.

Where the chuff do you think the money goes?.....to service the flux capacitor.?.... it's audited in the yearly accounts believe it or not.

Psst....the next one might even be done in the new stand too....ooooooo I know too much for any fan to handle.

Yes I am chuffed off...but seriously it's the trusts fault right for arranging the event last Thursday.

Errr I think you've misinterpreted what I'm saying, I'm saying it's a GOOD thing as more money can be raised for the trust with another meet the manager night. I wasn't criticising the timing of the previous one!