Kelly Leaves Oldham

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very sad. He never really stood a chance after the Sinn Fein stuff, pretty much needed to win his first 10 games to win over some fans.

However, it is absolutely clear that the job had come too early for him but he should not be vilified for trying to progress. I wish him well and hope he goes back to what he is obviously good at and builds a decent career.

I hate the idea of asking for someone to lose their job but struggle to see that Dean Holden is the answer to our problems.

I also believe very strongly that it is time for Barry Owen to step down, he is clearly a divisive figure who consistently manages to alienate his "customers". For the Board to allow that to continue is negligent and an insult to Latics fans. I don't buy this idea that Owen works for "free".....I suspect he has cost the club many thousands in lost fans over the last couple of seasons. I think he needs to re-read Animal Farm and recognise that he may have become one of the characters!!

Its suggested on Twitter that Redfearn lined up to replace as early as next week.

If that's the case and he's been in attendance the last two games then does this suggest that Corney had already planned to support Kelly with Redfearn or replace?

Dunn as player/assistant manager and Redfearn as manager? Hopefully Corney dispenses of Holden's services as a result but seems to favour him though.

I genuinely feel sorry for the guy, he was so out of his depth and his application should have gone in the bin. The interview I saw at the awards evening was the same interview we saw for the next four months.

Good luck Darren, go and learn your trade properly get some real experience at FL level then apply elsewhere in the future.

I'm fuming that our great club has had to necessitate the need to sack a manager after 9 games, a manager who should have never been giving the job. We join the list of clubs perceived to be trigger happy because our clueless board took yet another ill thought out punt and a :censored:ing cheap one at that

And I won't attend any game that Holden is at the helm he should have been fired too...

This

Presumably this means that either someone's lined up, or it's a promotion within.

Narrows it down to Holden or Dunn, or perhaps Redfearn. Ricky Sbragia was there today, not sure if Posh have some Scottish u21s, I think that's his role.

But if it's Redfearn, surely he'll bring his assistant with him, Leeds sacking the assistant was a major reason why he left.

Best of luck Darren. It wasn't to be, hope he gets his career back on track and isn't tarnished by this. He should never have even got an interview.

Corney and Owen telling fans to :censored: off and shut up. Get out of the club, soon.

Rhys Turner just tweeted a sad face so maybe the notion of players not respecting or playing for him could be wide of Mark. Granted it's only one player mind

If Owen and Corney are really telling paying customers to :censored: off they need to take a long hard look at themselves or :censored: off themselves!! I get lots of abuse in my job as a lot of people dealing with the public do.... There's a word called Professionalism which is serverley lacking where our board is concerned. They should maybe have a word with Poleon on maintaining it

I also believe very strongly that it is time for Barry Owen to step down, he is clearly a divisive figure who consistently manages to alienate his "customers". For the Board to allow that to continue is negligent and an insult to Latics fans. I don't buy this idea that Owen works for "free".....I suspect he has cost the club many thousands in lost fans over the last couple of seasons. I think he needs to re-read Animal Farm and recognise that he may have become one of the characters!!

This.....if anyone had the chance to ask Mr Owen a serious question i would love to know

Feel for Kelly as he seemed a nice guy and he was positive throughout. But he wasn't convincing at all and was clearly out of his depth. Hope he gets another coaching job and has a chance to properly build a coaching career.

The board should take all the blame for a hugely illogical decision. Dickov and Johnson were gambles but you could see immediately that there were reasons why they were chosen other than being cheap. I've trusted them over the last decade most of the time but this and the Evans saga were huge blunders on their part and they need an appointment with some substance to rebuild their reputation.

Sheridan would be my choice. We'd know what we are getting and I'll always back him. I'd be happy with Redfearn too. A first time manager MUST have high level playing or coaching pedigree.

Edited by the_mighty_bosh

Owen and Corney did nothing like that, after the fourth went in Owen stood with his finger to his lip telling people to sit down, to be fair to Simon he acted with class and to be fair looked as embarressed as the rest of us, fans had a chat with him on the way out and he listened to every one of them.

Edited by yarddog73

Felt he needed a good start Kelly. Never like the appointment but once in we had to all be behind him or it would be really difficult for him to continue. Proved that way the only worry is the same board are picking again. For me they also need to go for this shambles that they have created. Kelly gave it his best but the board shouldn't have allowed him to be put in that position for me

I genuinely feel sorry for the guy, he was so out of his depth and his application should have gone in the bin. The interview I saw at the awards evening was the same interview we saw for the next four months.

Good luck Darren, go and learn your trade properly get some real experience at FL level then apply elsewhere in the future.

I'm fuming that our great club has had to necessitate the need to sack a manager after 9 games, a manager who should have never been giving the job. We join the list of clubs perceived to be trigger happy because our clueless board took yet another ill thought out punt and a :censored:ing cheap one at that

And I won't attend any game that Holden is at the helm he should have been fired too...

I never agree with anything you say but that is spot on

As long as Dunn retires from playing. He is garbage.

Rubbish.....played in the correct role he would be our best player every week, he is so far ahead of the rest in his thinking it is embarrassing.

He's obviously lost his sharpness at 35 but he will be a big player for us with an experienced manager.

I dont feel sorry for him, he chose to blag his way into a job above his skill level. He needed to step up and didnt.

Now this'll blight him for his future career when he should have taken his time and stepped up to more suitable roles first (maybe under 15s for a conference club)

Have you never applied for a job you never thought you would get? The blame has to lie with those that interviewed and didnt see through the fluff

I hope he gets his career back on track. Maybe thats cos ive let a few people go in my job and its always hard to sit through. Ive also lost my job in circumstances.

He seems like a decent guy, just out of his depth. I watched him last 20 minutes and i actually felt for him...i even started to wonder if there was a coaching role anywhere at the club for him!

I dont feel sorry for him, he chose to blag his way into a job above his skill level. He needed to step up and didnt.

Now this'll blight him for his future career when he should have taken his time and stepped up to more suitable roles first (maybe under 15s for a conference club)

He has every right to apply for it, it's the board's responsibility to tell him he's not adequate.