Kelly Leaves Oldham

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was supposed to be Philiskirk's role today, but he looked lost. Not his fault he has been shaped into a square peg.

Disagree. Thought he performed admirably alongside Winchester who played like he did at the start of the season.

I honestly believe that's Philiskirks best position.

He may have genuinely believed he could do it and therefore is entitled to give it a go. I feel sorry for anyone who loses their job unless it's through a fault of their own (not being good enough isn't really a fault). I'm sure he realised he was out of his depth and he may have even resigned tonight only the press have used the word "sacked". I feel for him because he was on a bit of a hiding to nothing and for all the euphoria at him being gone tonight there is a human being who will be sat at home feeling fairly :censored: right now and I sympathise with anyone in that position

Totally agree. I do feel sorry for him. He took a chance, got the job and no doubt tried his best. Simply wasnt good enough and had to go though. The blame lies with Corney for the appointment.

I know. He's never played the no.10 role either as far as I'm aware which is where he is playing at te moment.

My thinking was purely around have someone who can look after it while Kelly is out.

Team today was a suicide note (can't play without a recognised holding midfielder) but who knows what was happening behind the scenes.

I don't see Dunn playing deep, teams will just run through him, we need a proper wrecking ball type in there.

The appointment of Mr Kelly appears to have been an abysmal disaster

It is the fault of the interviewers and the appointees , not the applicant.

This follows on from the continuing shambles with the ongoing failure to have the new stand (is it not too old to be called that now) available for use.

I used to love the era where we had continuity and stability with 2 managers in 24 years, laughing at other clubs constantly sacking managers .......we have been part of this one dimensional non solution now for many years.

The appointment of Mr Kelly appears to have been an abysmal disaster

It is the fault of the interviewers and the appointees , not the applicant.

This follows on from the continuing shambles with the ongoing failure to have the new stand (is it not too old to be called that now) available for use.

I used to love the era where we had continuity and stability with 2 managers in 24 years, laughing at other clubs constantly sacking managers .......we have been part of this one dimensional non solution now for many years.

I don't think the last bit is true. Yes no decade long managers but since RM left, Shez had a few years, the board stood by Dickov, LJ wasn't sacked. Aside from DK, only Penney has been short term. And the board stood by him for a lot longer than many others would have.

I don't think the last bit is true. Yes no decade long managers but since RM left, Shez had a few years, the board stood by Dickov, LJ wasn't sacked. Aside from DK, only Penney has been short term. And the board stood by him for a lot longer than many others would have.

counting caretakers that's 15 in 12 years

Up and down the country, there are loads of massively inadequate employees who have wormed their way into a (usually very well paying) job through a totally deceptive CV and a slick line in bull:censored:. Our board aren't the first, and won't be the last, to succumb.

Unfortunately though, most companies provide far more hiding places than the average football club does.

This is the board's fault. Should never have been appointed.

Felt the most optimistic in years about the club when loads of Season tickets were sold in new stand, but club took a lot of excitement out of it by making an appointment that clearly said that mid-table was the top of our ambitions.

I'm a realist after 17years in League 1. We're not a huge club and it's obvious that we won't have a big budget through FFP and attendances, but it's depressing when the board show that they don't have any belief that we could even 'do a Yeovil'.

Fish have more use for bicycles than our club have for Barry Owen.

Why would you count caretakers?

Why wouldn't you count, say Holden who had nearly three months (pretty much the same as Kelly) or Eyres and Sheridan who got longer.

Either way it's beyond dispute that the stability of the Frizzell and Royle eras was the exception and that pretty much throughout the rest of our history we have been as trigger happy as most clubs

Everyone has been conned:

The Board even with with all their due diligence, by Darren Kelly and his qualifications

The Board conned the Fans by telling us he was the best of 100 quality applicants

The Board conned the fans by promising that the stand was going to be open for the start of the season (surely even they can't have underestimated by over 6 weeks)

So to the Board don't be naive,patronising and stop conning the fans. Unfortunately we aren't customers and most of us can't take our custom elsewhere,but increasingly year after year a few hundred are.

Correct. We are going nowhere while Corney remains in charge. He needs to follow Kelly out of the door, take that buffoon Owen with him and make sure Holden follows closely behind.

Up and down the country, there are loads of massively inadequate employees who have wormed their way into a (usually very well paying) job through a totally deceptive CV and a slick line in bull:censored:. Our board aren't the first, and won't be the last, to succumb.

Unfortunately though, most companies provide far more hiding places than the average football club does.

Spot on. So Kelly should have realised what he was getting into.

The board have never looked so incompetent with the appointment, but I don't feel sorry for Kelly. He had the arrogance to apply for a job that he probably knew was beyond him. I wish him well, but I think sympathy might be pushing it a bit.