Kelly Leaves Oldham

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rubbish.....played in the correct role he would be our best player every week, he is so far ahead of the rest in his thinking it is embarrassing.

He's obviously lost his sharpness at 35 but he will be a big player for us with an experienced manager.

I'll rephrase. He's not done anywhere near enough from what I've seen to merit all this game time.

Yep agree (and I have been in a similar position), but then if you are taking the job that is offered to you that you claim that you can do - then you need to step up for it - and do it. He didnt = dont feel sorry for him.

He may have genuinely believed he could do it and therefore is entitled to give it a go. I feel sorry for anyone who loses their job unless it's through a fault of their own (not being good enough isn't really a fault). I'm sure he realised he was out of his depth and he may have even resigned tonight only the press have used the word "sacked". I feel for him because he was on a bit of a hiding to nothing and for all the euphoria at him being gone tonight there is a human being who will be sat at home feeling fairly :censored: right now and I sympathise with anyone in that position

Everyone has been conned:

The Board even with with all their due diligence, by Darren Kelly and his qualifications

The Board conned the Fans by telling us he was the best of 100 quality applicants

The Board conned the fans by promising that the stand was going to be open for the start of the season (surely even they can't have underestimated by over 6 weeks)

So to the Board don't be naive,patronising and stop conning the fans. Unfortunately we aren't customers and most of us can't take our custom elsewhere,but increasingly year after year a few hundred are.

It's unlike our board to not stick by there guy not that I'm questioning the boards decision by the way, the official statement says that "all the current coaching staff will remain in their respective roles" this surely means Deano is staying as assistant.. Which suggests there is a manager waiting in the wings.

Redfearn or Dunn seem likely there is competition Redfearn's services so we will have to be swift if want him..

Interesting times ahead